ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my new 197

172 CUP
Evening all,

Been here for a while now and had the 172 a while ago then bought a polo but got a bit bored with it so have just bought a 197. When i get it in a week or so ill get some pics.

Well impressed so far as it has all the toys BUT white wheels which im not to keen on so might see about swapping them at some point.

Pics to follow....

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
cool, what colour is the car? plus what spec did you get?

172 CUP
its the 197 ff with cup pack and all the toys,

key card thing, and recaro seats, Bright red.

its on autotrader at the mo for northampton camden renault £10995 with 11.5k on the clock.

He wouldnt budge on the price but it has just had the 12k service and two new tyres plus he added some tax on and waived the £59 admin fee so all in im quite happy.

White clique
i dont think its the cup packs either, iirc the cup packs were available on 08 models, mines a 57 plate Nov and they were not available then. Plus it would be unusual for someone to have bought an early cup pack model to then go and change the anthracite wheels, even so, the standard set up is great anyway, and the car looks lovely, good choice!

172 CUP
Thats the one.

Oh about the cup pack part. It had a much firmer ride than the others ive driven.

Not sure about the breaks but its a 57 plate so not an early one. What are the other signs.

172 CUP
This is an ex demo from another garage driven by the sales manager hence why its got all the toys but may well not have the cup pack then just everything else.

172 CUP
does the 197 ff have a spare wheel?

Mine has a can of tyre fome, Still on the hunt to find out if it has the cup pack or not.

As I said its probably, infact, having looked again, its definately an early one (57 plate) so probably does have cup packs but lacks red brembos because the early cup packs didnt have the red calipers.

White clique
does the 197 ff have a spare wheel?

Mine has a can of tyre fome, Still on the hunt to find out if it has the cup pack or not.

there is no spare wheel with the 197, just 2 cans of foam filler

It would be interesting to find out if it has cup packs, the cup pack sits the car 7mm lower, the only way would be to park it next to a standard one and see if its lower!

Re: 197 REMAPPING?????????????

can any1 help

i want my clio remapped ????

any ideas

cheers liam

Some pointers for you young squire:

1) Thread hijacking, especially when almost tottaly irrelevant to the main thread is severly frowned upon and people who do it should be burned at the stake, so, start new thread.

2) Starting a thread is always a nice thing to do, it keeps the forum alive, but when asking a generic question, always use the search button first. It can save you a lot of time by providing you the answer you want immediately, it wont annoy long standing members by posting a question that has been asked a million times before, and it will stop you being burnt at the stake.

3) There isnt a number 3, but I just wanted to mention the possibility of you being burnt at the stake one more time.

On the subject of whether it is cup packed.....

does it have a jack with it?

None of the cup packed cars and R27s came with a jack....

Not conclusive proof, as an owner could have kicked up a fuss and got a jack free, but just something extra to consider.

172 CUP
Im sure there was a hole for the jack but i know it was the sales managers car at renualt so he may have asked for it as well. Ill just have t wait till have got the car to find out any more.

Mini Cooper S sport
Lovely car but would definitely swap the white wheels (just my opinion). Anyway they'll only look dirty all the time.

172 CUP
Well i picked it up yesterday all nice and clean and its now tipping it down.

Mega impressed so far.

Im sure it has the Cup pack as the ride is much harder than other 197's ive been in but it dosnt have the full climate only the hot to cold selector thing and how fast would you like the fan sir.

Also only has the standard sound pack so no rear speakers. Not that is a problem as i will change the headunit and install rear speakers. Ill get some photos up once the sun comes out at the weekend or something.

I am looking to swap the white wheels at somepoint but while i was off work yesterday collecting her and doing other jobs they had a meeting at work to tell everyone the company is strugaling and some people will have to go, which is a bit of a s**ter.