ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Internet speed thread.

Fiesta ST-3
Awful here

1947136157.png

Go cry to your momma!
Been on sky fibre for a couple of months now, got invited to the trial.
Wish they'd hike the upload up to 10Mb/s
Run's full chat all day every day.

1949704383.png

Blobeye WRX STi W/T
1956952644.png

not bad considering I had a free upgrade from 10mb/s... (Upload will double when Virgin rolls out the double speeds)

C1 VTR (Company Car)
That's my work.

2148935292.png

I get 11-13mb/s down and 2mb/s up at home. It's good enough.

Attachments

• 2148935292.png
    2148935292.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 69
  CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've had plusnet fibre for a couple of months now, it's not as fast as I'd hoped but it's been an improvement. I've been speaking to PN again and on the 4th of September I'm moving to their 78/20 service which should be a huge improvement yet again.

c**t.

Mine currently appears to be capped at 0.8Mb/s. No matter what happens it never goes over that speed. DSL on ancient shitty old phone lines = perpetual broadband misery.

Oh woe is me and my first world problems...

Evo 8 MR
c**t.

Mine currently appears to be capped at 0.8Mb/s. No matter what happens it never goes over that speed. DSL on ancient s**tty old phone lines = perpetual broadband misery.

Oh woe is me and my first world problems...

Maybe there's a fault on the line?

Quite possibly. It's getting the right person to come out and look at it though. Virgin were worse than useless. After about 6 months we gave up and moved to Sky. We're still at the "Have you tried putting it in the test socket?" stage with Sky though. Judging from Virgin it'll be another couple of months at least before they'll send out an engineer. The last "engineer" we got was a fuckin half wit. I had to explain to him what SNR was. To him it was just a number on his little hand-held device that should be within a certain range.

LY R26
That's crap mate hope you get it sorted, without sounding like a smug git if i could "give" you 10mb's of my connection speed i would lol, Game pings are fine 10mb and below anyway.

A couple of mb would do me - As long as it was stable and had low ping. I'm not greedy.

It's annoying but I try to put it into perspective - It's hardly the end of the world not being able to stream HD or getting kicked from game servers for high ping every now and again.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Now at uni and getting this:

2233995862.png

It's slow though, my home connection which is 36/8 is much faster.

2.2 bar shed.
Easier said than done, I'll RDP onto one of the servers with some decent bandwidth and do it later.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Why can't I?

Well virgin media seem to currently have an issue where they are packet shaping YouTube to an extreme level during peak times meaning even watching 240p videos is impossible. I have 60Mbps and I have a friend with 120Mbps we live in different parts of the country and we both can't watch YouTube in the evening, there is a huge thread on the VM forum.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
^+1

My youtube viewing is shocking, any time of the day it just buffers > plays > buffers > plays.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
You're lucky then, I have even tried using a VPN out of VM to watch YouTube and that is also packet shaped.