ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Internet speed thread.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I've heard about this YouTube issue. Can't say I've noticed anything up here though. That's on 60 down. Waiting for my upload upgrade now. Should be next year, apparently.

VM are clearly far from perfect. Nothing in life is.

What I do know for sure is that I downloaded the latest (2GB) episode of The Waking Dead earlier, in one minute forty eight seconds. That'll do :)

CBR1000RR Fireblade
My wireless;

2318278379.png

Wired is pretty much the same upload but has double the download.

I've been told 7mb/s for my house.

Same provider at my parent's house (which is A LOT closer to the exchange in the same village)...

2318301459.png

I can see them getting a pissed off phone call in a couple of weeks when it's all set up & sorted.

Evo 5 RS
VM are clearly far from perfect. Nothing in life is.

What I do know for sure is that I downloaded the latest (2GB) episode of The Waking Dead earlier, in one minute forty eight seconds. That'll do :)

ooooooo.

Hang on, where are you getting that from for it to be 2GB?

Bumder With A Buffer
So yeah since moving into the new house I have been with SKY but not with SKY (On the connect service as they didnt have any LLU to SKY in my local exchange)

I would struggle to get above 3-4 meg out of BT's kit.."Thats the maximum speed your line can handle sir" No im 800 metres from the exchange (line of site anyway) bolloxs.

On the 28th SKY finally put some of there equipment in the exchange and since then have been receiving this...

2349227895.png

And thats during peak times with me downloading something off steam upstairs too. Have not had any lag issues playing PS3 online...even at my previous house I had lag and was within 1km of the exchange and would struggle to get above 6 meg. I knew something fishy with BT was happening.

Good ol BT "Maximum your line can take sir" f**k off.

That is insane! ^

Heres mine from the wifi at uni. I know they cap it and run it seprate to the main uni network so i imagine its more like 100MB/s from uni pc's.

381753695.png

The one at my accommodation is pretty consistent always hovering 10MB/s with 1.3MB/s upload but that's what package i'm on. I can pay to have it upgraded to 100MB/s but that costs around £200 for the year and i don't really need it.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
My connection is like dial up compared to some in here ffs 1.5mb ftl

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I managed to get 22.72 mb on 3G is that good?

can only dream of 178 though!!!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Why do people need such high speeds? Can't imagine ever needing higher than what I have atm. Mine's totally free anyway so happy :D

1882159139.png

Seems mine's improved a little since 2 years ago! Still not paying a dime for it so happy days...

3534558024.png

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I managed to get a very respectable 49D / 30U via 4G in Newcastle on the weekend ! It does tend to fluctuate a lot though.