ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio MK3 ABS Light - DF026 & DF063

Clio Mk3
Hi again all,

Im just trying to get the misses Clio Mk3 ready for its MOT and have noticed when at 70mph the ABS light will come on and stay on until the ignition is reset, driving around town etc doesnt seem to trigger it. I have done a fault read and found two faults:

DF026 - O/S/F Wheel Speed Sensor Magnetic/Mechanical Problem
DF063 - Wheel Speed Coherence Interference

I have checked the sensor and it is secure in the housing, nothing near it or touching it, when I read the live data it displays the wheel speed & graph correctly. Could this be a wheel bearing on its way out since its only at speed or could it be a faulty sensor?

Thanks
Josh

Attachments

• 20240408_211710.jpg
    20240408_211710.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG-20240408-WA0016.jpg
    IMG-20240408-WA0016.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 6

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Ah okay, so would that need a new bearing then? I think she will be fine for MOT 🙏

If it is that yeah, it's part of the bearing.

Usually if it's a sensor, they die and stay dead so the light would be on all the time.

You could swap the sensors from side to side if they are same, I'm not sure on those. Then see if the problem moves to the other side or stays.

Clio Mk3
If it is that yeah, it's part of the bearing.

Usually if it's a sensor, they die and stay dead so the light would be on all the time.

You could swap the sensors from side to side if they are same, I'm not sure on those. Then see if the problem moves to the other side or stays.
Thats a great call actually! Is it just behind the arch liner connected somewhere?