ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout : New Vegas

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
What guns would you recommend for it? I have got a fair few decent ones i think - AM rifle/Plasma/Lazer rifle etc. I'm guessing I will need special bullets to make it easier too?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
LOL cheers man. I tend to wait until they are just infront of me - POW VATS - 95% chance headshot :cool:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Anything over 50% and I'll go for it with that weapon, TBH.

Critical Chance + Sniper + 90 Gun Points + Steady Trigger makes me a f*cking beast with any rifle. :eek:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
This guy's done a superb job at a walkthrough. Better than the one I followed.

When he says 'a few Deathclaws' he means 'f*cking loads'

I counted...

10+ Young Deathclaws
10+ Deathclaws
1 Deathclaw Alpha Male
2 Deathclaw Mothers

If you thought clearing out the quarry was tough, this is ridiculous.

You'll need...

Power Armour (or at least Combat Armour in good condition)
Minimum of 50 Stimpaks.
A gun with a Damage of at least 80. I used the AM Rifle @ 102DAM.
Grenades.
Balls.

Oh, and if you have any companions, leave them behind. They'll die within four seconds. Guaranteed.

Holy smoke.

Last edited by a moderator:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I want this armour next.

Pity I'm heavily NCR. I'll need to kill one to get it. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Just done some research and if you kill one whilst wearing another Faction's armour, then you don't get the bad Karma hit.

Handy. I'll grab some Legion armour later. I'll leave Boone at home though. lol

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm already rolling in NCR Combat Armor. Got it very early on after killing a Ranger before becomming an NCR ally.

It's worth over 2500 caps.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Just done some research and if you kill one whilst wearing another Faction's armour, then you don't get the bad Karma hit.

Handy. I'll grab some Legion armour later. I'll leave Boone at home though. lol

I left Boone at home to get into Legions Fort so I could get into the bunker. I got back to re-recruit him, and he almost puts a bullet in my head for siding with them in the first place. I almost had to knock him the f*ck out, but some quick speech skills made him realise I was infiltrating them for a future war.

Ahh, bless.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm already rolling in NCR Combat Armor. Got it very early on after killing a Ranger before becomming an NCR ally.

It's worth over 2500 caps.

Ranger Armour or Combat Armour?

It's the Ranger Armour I want. The one with the overcoat, from the title screen.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Ahh, I got Combat Armour. Sheesh, I'm going to have to get me some of that, too.

:dapprove:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I think it's no better than the Combat Armour. That said, it has a coat over the top.

That's one tough-looking coat. Dick Tracy would sh*t bricks.

Golf R32
Yer I picked up the Ranger Combat Armour yesterday and it has become my favourite :) only time I change it being when visiting brotherhood/khans/etc

There is supposedly a method of pushing them off a cliff by walking into them and pressing talk repeatedly so they don't walk away, but I gave up after 30 mins so just did a long range shot and waited 24hrs before going back just to make sure. Still liked by the NCR so all is good :)

Listerine & Poledo
Vance's 9mm was my #1 weapon right up until I stuck a sight on my laser rifle. Problem is I'm getting too regular with the overcharged cells and destroy it every day.
Gonna go and pick myself up a Gauss Rifle I reckon, the ammo for the anti-material rifle is just far too heavy.

Listerine & Poledo
danmit, why doesn't chinese stealth armour work 'properly' anymore!

may as well wear some dirty pre-war casualwear

Where do you get anywhere near the 40+ stimpaks that are needed for the vids above??

I rarely have more than 10, and they usually last seconds in a mental stimpak spamming rage.

I look in every crate/bin/box I come across - have spotted very few first aid kits as of yet.

Monaro VXR
Do you check the toilets and look on the walls for the kits? Usually all over the place. Often find them just lying on desks as well, can miss them if you aren't looking for them.

Where do you get anywhere near the 40+ stimpaks that are needed for the vids above??

I rarely have more than 10, and they usually last seconds in a mental stimpak spamming rage.

I look in every crate/bin/box I come across - have spotted very few first aid kits as of yet.

your not playing in hardcore mode are you ?

Ive just done discovered the crashed Vertibird, pretty easy with a pulse gun. Kills any robot with one shot pretty much.

The place with the Remnant armour wasnt that bad with a Bobi rifle and AP ammo :)

That armour is in pretty bad condition though :)

Any other neat places worth discovering?

Listerine & Poledo
Stimpacks dont help much in the hardcore worls, but double-dropping med-x with slasher is a big win for those tough times

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

LOL. I have 310 Stimpacks, 58 doctors bags (of which Boone is carrying 30 for me) and 14 Super Stimpacks. :cool:

anyone else suffer huge slowdown on this basically the frame rate seems to drop to about 10fps gets very very stuttery ive installed it to the hard disk but if anything its worse

I'd suggest it was because I'm still a pretty early level character - but I had the same issue all the way through Fallout 3.

Maybe I'm just crap?

310 stimpaks?? Good god. What are them doctors bags by the way?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I only have that many stimpacks because I was talking to one of the medical guys in the game (can't remember which) and I passed a speech challenge, giving me 3 stimpacks and the odd chance of a doctors bag, too. I saw the opportunity to repeat the speech challenge, so took it, getting me another 3 stimpacks. I repeated it, until I got bored of stimpacks. Which took a while. LOL. Would have made it even better had I got XP from it, too. Meh.

Listerine & Poledo
That's why Boone is rolling with 30 of them. I think ED-E had a few, too, before he f*cked off. Probably set up as a doctor, now, the little c*nt.

If you left ED-E with FOA or BoS, then there'll be nothing in his inventory when he comes back :/

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
If you left ED-E with FOA or BoS, then there'll be nothing in his inventory when he comes back :/

Hmm. I think he had one of my unique weapons, the robbing little b*stard. No wonder he's hiding. Me and my good friend Boone will tear him a new arsehole when we catch up with him.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I had issues getting Ed-e back too. I just loitered around the lab where I took him and eventaully I got a notice he is at primm.

I went for the upgraded armour :cool:

Golf R32
Yer the companions can be a bit of a bugger at times, when I wiped out all the death claws to get the amour, on route Boone was actually behind me then he just disappeared by the time I got close to the deathclaws, no idea were ED-E was hiding either. Killed most of the Deathclaws on my own and then got a message saying ED-E was unconcious so shifted positions found a good position to cover him whilst he drew out the last 3 regular deathclaws. Once I'd mopped up went up to grab the armour and boone just casually walks up :S

Did one of the other quests to get the other remnant armour so had to tell Boone to go home and wait, once I had done the mission the enclave guy disappeared so I couldn't get Boone back. After several missions I ended up at the quarry and the enclave guy just stolls up so that I could get shot of him

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Got me the NCR Ranger Veteran Armour. Looks awesome.

Also raided Vault 34 and cleared out the Armoury, investigated the Crashed Vertibird, and robbed, then killed all the Van Graffs.

Busy night.