ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout : New Vegas

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm going to have a crack at this again later.

Currently playing it for the third time through, so I think I burnt myself out on it. :eek:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
there wasw so much talk about what had been done to improve the game over FO3, and most of it was true.

but it just isn't as smack-in-the-face different as 3 was (compared to the first two).

The story is great and all that, but it's so biased towards making you be a good guy it makes half of the faction business pointless.

You know what? I think that's it for me. I got the exact same feeling in starting New Vegas as I did with beginning a DLC from Fallout 3. Sure, I wanted to explore - but it didn't hit me in the face with a "WOW!" feeling like it did when I first left the Vault. I shouldn't dismiss New Vegas in anyway as I've yet to play it properly. But I suspect it's a slow-burner of a game, rather than one that grabs you by the balls and drags you in.

D.

games-465x2411.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
bought it, finished it in 2 sittings, wasn't impressed.

too linear, much like The Pitt add-on for FO3

Octy VRS
I was looking forward to it but thought I would give it a miss after reading the reviews. IMO an add on should really run in the same area as the rest of a game. Not a seperate entity. Like Broken Steel in F3. Point Lookout was ok as it was a big enough area but still not great.

Hope they release more in line with the main game.

Evo 8 MR
Just finished Dead Money, wasn't fantastic but it was good to play the game again after it being shelved for a few months.

Octy VRS
Still playing. Only at about 60 hrs but on level 30 so can't rank up without dlc. Just doing all side missions, currently Thorn eggs one. Still discovering places though but nearly done the lot. Going to dig out Oblivion soon to replay before Skyrim. Never did Shivering Isles on that.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Still playing. Only at about 60 hrs but on level 30 so can't rank up without dlc. Just doing all side missions, currently Thorn eggs one. Still discovering places though but nearly done the lot. Going to dig out Oblivion soon to replay before Skyrim. Never did Shivering Isles on that.

Good shout m8. Have you seen some of the footage of Skyrim so far? Pretty damn impressive imo.

D.

Octy VRS
Yeah seen the trailers, looks amazing and a huge leap forward from the current Oblivion/Fallout engine. I can't wait. Just think another play through as a different character deserves a go.

Listerine & Poledo
FONV has fallen into the back of the stack, with GT5 & COD:BO taking up PS time.

Until the next DLC comes out, providing it isn't as toss as the last one

Octy VRS
It's the same. Especially good with the bloody mess perk.

Mine is intermitent now though when I load up. Sometimes I have VATS sometimes not. That isn't handy with a hoard of Deathclaws..

I have had this game since it came out but only played it for about 2 hours. I really need to get into it properly! Steam keeps downloading updates for it...

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Back into this again - never completed it last time because of bugs. 17hrs in and haven't touched the main quest. Loving it.

Same started it a while ago. Not even half way through the main quest just been doing loads of side jobbies.

Still buggy as hell though. I.e NCR now hate me for no reason lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Still trying to get 'into' this. I had another bash this morning at it, but it just doesn't grab me the way Fallout 3 did. When I started Fallout 3, it was all I ever played for a good number of weeks. I really liked it and wanted to get out exploring. But this just doesn't have the same amount of pull for me. I'll have to get into it prior to Skyrim or else this will never see the light of day for me. Comments like this just make me really keen to see the Oblivion follow up....

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/03/11/b...ivion-sacrificed-what-made-morrowind-special/

D.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I bought and finished the second DLC, Honest Hearts last night.

Really quite decent, but then anything would be better than the appalling Dead Money.

Worth it though, even for the raised level cap.

My main save now runs at 71 hours. :eek:

Listerine & Poledo
After the PSN fail, FNV now says that there's "content that is no longer available".

which I hope doesn't hit my #1 save. Took ages to pull off the Madre heist with all the gold.

Octy VRS
I'm getting rid of NV, lost interest after 80 hours. Put loads more into 3 even without the DLC, and the DLC for NV hasn't had the best reviews.

Listerine & Poledo
Dead Money = Waste of Monery

PSN would have got HH the same time as XBox and Stream, just the all-too-known issue has the store closed at the moment. It'll be ready to buy as soon as the store is up again I'd wager

Completed this yesterday to find you cant play the DLC after, thats retarded!

And i didnt notice any special reward for doing it on hardcore either, FFS.

Listerine & Poledo
How are peeps getting along on Honest Hearts then? Not long now before the next episode comes out. A bit more light-hearted this time, which is nice.

Last edited by a moderator: