ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 4 Next Gen Update

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The rocky road of my Fallout history...

Wasteland - started it all, still my most influential game of all time.
Fallout - tried and tried with that - found it too testing for my patience. Unforgiving and difficult.
Fallout 2 - never really progressed with it due to me not sticking with the original title.
Fallout 3 - loved that - played it through to completion.
Fallout 3 : New Vegas - was expecting to be drawn in like Fallout 3 - but felt nothing of the sort. Gave up on it quite quickly. Felt more like a patch to Fallout 3 than a standalone game.
Wasteland 2 - loved it, more so with the revised Director's Cut version. Played it through to completion.
Fallout 4 - initially tried it and liked it. Ran a bit crap on my PC back then, but is silky smooth at the currently. Will pick it back up for sure if there's a next gen update inbound.
Fallout '76 - never tried it (currently free on Amazon Prime Gaming).
Wasteland 3 - started it and liked its vibe. Didn't quite the pull of Wasteland 2 and I got distracted on other things instead. On that 'one day' list of stuff to finish. ;)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I loved Fallout 4 on the PS4
I'd never played Amy of the other games though so can't compare it, I got proper immersed in it though. Loved the expansion pack to it too

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I have been tempted to start Fallout 4 again, with this update, once i have finished Starfield, i might give my favorite game ever another go.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
I can’t believe I’ve never actually played any of the games before but this has persuaded me to give it a try. Picked up 4 and New Vegas for £6 so will give 4 a try once the graphic patch is out.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Watched Fallout on Prime and enjoyed it, heard there’s a next gen update for Fallout 4 so I looked on my list and I must of gotten it when it was out as a freebie on PS+. Never played any of the games before, I saw the trailer just today and not seen any other gameplay of it yet

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I started at Fallout 3, rented it from Blockbuster for a week and I was hooked. Over 400hours ploughed into my first play through, then did loads of reading up on the predecessors that lead up to 3. Then New Vegas released and spent probably close to 600hours on that. I've then watched all the Shodycast videos on Fallout lore along with Oxhorn's videos on it to a point, he goes on a bit, where Shodycast's videos were great.

Played 4 and missed the Karma mechanic big time, I'd love to play Fallout 3 and NV as they were, but with 4's controls and graphics.

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
NV is one of the best games ever made imo, tbh it was almost TOO big once you include all of the DLC.
I couldn't play it now though as the engine is far too dated. Even at it's release the shooting mechanics were poor.
But the story is miles ahead of 4, would've much preferred an update to NV.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I started a fresh playthrough of NV last night actually, as I never really gave it a fair crack originally, but it does look/feel dated now.

I think 3 is still my favourite as that's the first Fallout game I played, but it's also a great game, that has had some visual enhancements on Xbox and an FPS boost, NV only got an FPS boost sadly.

Once the next gen update for 4 drops and they fix the broken achievements on Xbox I will pick that up again.

76 I just never seem to gel with...

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I started a fresh playthrough of NV last night actually, as I never really gave it a fair crack originally, but it does look/feel dated now.

I think 3 is still my favourite as that's the first Fallout game I played, but it's also a great game, that has had some visual enhancements on Xbox and an FPS boost, NV only got an FPS boost sadly.

Once the next gen update for 4 drops and they fix the broken achievements on Xbox I will pick that up again.

76 I just never seem to gel with...
First one i played was Fallout 3, and why i fell in love with the Game, loved New Vegas and No4, this is kind of what's holding me back, unless their is a significant upgrade to graphics and game play i don't know if i can be bothered to put another 3 or 400 hours into a 9 year old game.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
First one i played was Fallout 3, and why i fell in love with the Game, loved New Vegas and No4, this is kind of what's holding me back, unless their is a significant upgrade to graphics and game play i don't know if i can be bothered to put another 3 or 400 hours into a 9 year old game.
Be nice to see what 4K @ 60FPS looks & plays like, but there is a whole new quest apparently, called "Echoes of the Past" so could be worth it.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Didn't take much convincing LOL :ROFLMAO:
That would be like me, "So, we have a Fallout..." "you son of a b**ch, I'm in!".

200.gif

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
When is the update suppose to be released? I'll be keeping an eye out on this game

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I'm still waiting for the Fallout 4 New Vegas mod. Been in development for a few years now, hopefully it actually releases soon

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Anyone know if their are mods available for the PC? i downloaded a few mods for Starfield before i started like enhanced graphics etc.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Anyone know if their are mods available for the PC? i downloaded a few mods for Starfield before i started like enhanced graphics etc.
Starfield is basically a mod anyway 🙈

But to answer your question, there are thousands, but the new update will probably break most of them

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
It went live earlier than scheduled, so I set it off downloading a couple of hours ago, but not had chance to play it yet...

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
It’s finished downloading now, is the next gen update a separate update to the game? Havnt noticed it yet. I presume it’s in 4K 60fps? Or for me a 1440p 60fps.

I’ll have a first even run at it tomorrow if I can

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
It’s finished downloading now, is the next gen update a separate update to the game? Havnt noticed it yet. I presume it’s in 4K 60fps? Or for me a 1440p 60fps.

I’ll have a first even run at it tomorrow if I can
Depending on what you're playing on, for Xbox it was an update/upgrade to the existing game, on PS5 I know there have been some teething troubles for people with PS+, going off what I've seen on Reddit.

For PC Steam has the update, GOG doesn't yet, not sure on all the other PC services, but lots of mods probably will not work now.

Yeah it's 4K 60FPS, loads of patches/fixes, new quests, new weapons, new creation club items, etc.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Depending on what you're playing on, for Xbox it was an update/upgrade to the existing game, on PS5 I know there have been some teething troubles for people with PS+, going off what I've seen on Reddit.

For PC Steam has the update, GOG doesn't yet, not sure on all the other PC services, but lots of mods probably will not work now.

Yeah it's 4K 60FPS, loads of patches/fixes, new quests, new weapons, new creation club items, etc.
I’m on PS5 , i added it to the library a while back while it was on PS+ for free. On the game info it says PS4 / PS5. It just shows PS4 on the game after downloading it. Was hoping I could just download the ps5 version but nothing. I’ll see tomorrow if there’s any more info on the update

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I’m on PS5 , i added it to the library a while back while it was on PS+ for free. On the game info it says PS4 / PS5. It just shows PS4 on the game after downloading it. Was hoping I could just download the ps5 version but nothing. I’ll see tomorrow if there’s any more info on the update
Yeah seems it’s not a free upgrade for people who got it through PS+ :(

It’s being “looked into” apparently