ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dan@SJM's 1720v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Grey With Trinkets, Russ' 29th RS Clio

So the engines ok then? Thank fck I didn't give the bloody car away then.

*Looks at Fred*

Yes mate, just needed a few tweaks to the map which took me literally a couple of minutes and now it runs really well :)

Hope you didnt pay whoever mapped it for you originally? I assume it was some friend of yours trying mapping for the first time in their life or something?

I am sooooo about to do a massive told-you-so dance. The irony of this is AMAZING

Evo 5 RS

I already knew this Phil. It sounds like he hadnt done anything with part throttle at all when I collected it

Evo 5 RS

I already knew the map needed work at that point. He's also mapped my omex on a seperate engine which ran just fine. He hadnt done anything on part throttle and the cold map was chucking fuel in because he basically hadnt done it by the time I collected it. So in short, as ive said already the guy is a prick but ive seen him do the job correctly if he can be arsed. Your arguement last year wasnt really the same.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

BTW, all joking aside, I feel sorry for you for the way that Matt bent you over, threw some sand at your ring piece to use as a lube and then buggered it with a rounders bat until you dropped your wallet in either pain or pleasure (by the way you STILL defend him it seems to be at least a bit of pleasure, lol).

Yes ditto.

I feel sorry for all the people he's ripped off, the people who've had to take him to court, the people who tried to work with him and have had their reputation destroyed by him.

The only reason I ask about the map was I've seen a car "mapped" their who was dissapointed with how it drove and it turned out to just have an omex base map loaded on LOL.

Evo 5 RS

No ones defending him. Its a fact, I had a perfectly good map on my omex which was checked independently else where. Thats all im saying. There is no denying the blokes a prick. And your bent over jokes Chip are wasted here as if you have ever met him you would know hes clearly Cambridgeshires answer to the 40 year old virgin.

Evo 5 RS

In more ways than one.

Not that it matters now anyway as I had to get shot of it anyway due to life changes, I knew Russ would get it sorted. Even if he is a bit slow about it ; )

​(love you x)

Glad this is still going Russ, good to chip has worked some magic on the map as well...

RE: Cage painting, if you CBA with the hassle this would be the ideal opportunity to grab a few cans of red plastidip and go to town on it!!

Evo 5 RS

That was the plan but I just didn't have the enthusiasm any more. Think it'll always stay ITB'ed now. Long as Russ keeps it.

It's a real shame I couldn't keep it as I had spent a lot of time and money on it, but being a perfectionist and not having the mechanical knowledge don't really go hand in hand, as no f**ker really treats the car as well as you do.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Yeah I think these sort of cars need to either belong to someone like Porkie with deep enough pockets to be able to pay for a lot of upkeep and modifying etc, or by someone who is going to do the work on it themselves.

Ideal home for it would be someone like Dan@SJM or Mike@MWM really!

Evo 5 RS

I think Dan would get it if Russ had to sell up. I've thought about buying it back off him numerous times lol. Although I totally loved the colour I went with and what with the shell and everything I made it my own it would be a bit of a false start, as I said to you before I want really to go down the boosted route.

Miss it loads though. Can't believe this was April 2011

uevw.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

If I had been offered it at the sort of price I assume Russ got it for, I also would have like it.

My turbo has a very good package mechanically, but using your shell instead would take it to a new level as a car, I'd love to merge the two!

Evo 5 RS

Yeah, don't do that. I'd probably cry.

​Seriously.

In all honesty it's highly unlikely I'll ever buy another Renault Sport to be fair. It's time for something a little more upmarket next, and boosted ofc

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Depends what you want to do with it I guess?

For example I wouldnt own a renaultsport if I didnt want to do trackdays TBH.
They are nice enough road cars, but take trackdays out of the equation and I'd always come up with something else I preferred I think.

Evo 5 RS

Still not really in the position to keep a second car anywhere so it would be an all round child friendly car that would be more than happy with some light track work.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Still not really in the position to keep a second car anywhere so it would be an all round child friendly car that would be more than happy with some light track work.

Depending if fuel economy is an issue, an evo suits that bill in other respects.

Evo 5 RS

Evo is always the first thing that pops right into my head, it's like the natural choice. But they're not exactly cheap to maintain even with economy out of the equation

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Evo thrills evo bills.

I dont know of ANY larger car that is capable on track and doesnt have big maintenance bills TBH, especially in terms of things like track tyres.

Thats where hatches do well, including the clio which is still ok for a babyseat etc TBH

Evo 5 RS

Bills are fine, but Evo bills are a bit excessive. Won't be for a little while anyway, I'm done with cars for the moment

53 Clio's & counting

It is an awesome car, still can't believe how punchy in gear it is.

Hopefully popping out in it at some point tomorrow, it isn't getting driven much atm, trying to find a job has pretty much sucked up my life at the mo :(

Qashcow

still doesn't explain why there was a sump full of mayo LOL!

It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if Matt had put Hellmann's in it...

I wonder if i'd still have mine if the map was perfect, I imagine I'd have hated it less at least

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

still doesn't explain why there was a sump full of mayo LOL!

Didnt see that so cant comment on what it was like, but there certainly appears to be nothing major mechanically wrong with the engine and its not filling up with mayo again from what Russ has said.
Did you cold start and stop it a lot, like moving it in and out of the workshop without it getting upto temperature fully or anything like that? Its surprising sometimes how much just condensation from that sort of thing can cause mayo over a period of time.

Evo 5 RS

Yes I said more times than I can count that it didn't move for ages, only from the bodyshop to outside when moving cars about. But nevermind.

Evo 5 RS

It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if Matt had put Hellmann's in it...

I wonder if i'd still have mine if the map was perfect, I imagine I'd have hated it less at least

Maybe, same goes for me. I just lost faith getting it sorted. I think a few members should rock up there at some point. Put the mic in his hand as it were. It's definitely made me really sceptical about remapping anything these days. The worst part is as soon as the money runs out he'll join up with someone like Cosworth again as if nothings happened. Must be great having no life or friends, you can get away with murder lol.

Lionel Richie

Didnt see that so cant comment on what it was like, but there certainly appears to be nothing major mechanically wrong with the engine and its not filling up with mayo again from what Russ has said.
Did you cold start and stop it a lot, like moving it in and out of the workshop without it getting upto temperature fully or anything like that? Its surprising sometimes how much just condensation from that sort of thing can cause mayo over a period of time.

it came to us with mayo on the oil cap, we pulled off the sump to sort the leaking gasket and found a load of mayo, new oil and filter and i drove it for about 40miles, instant mayo again, very bizare! We'll see how long this lump lssts i guess!

Evo 5 RS

It had been sat for ages matey, like literally months. Turns out it was probably a bit of a red herring bringing it to you anyway, as the map wasn't right. s**t happens!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

It had been sat for ages matey, like literally months. Turns out it was probably a bit of a red herring bringing it to you anyway, as the map wasn't right. s**t happens!

TBH it was probably for the best as it forced you to get rid and it sounds like you are better off as a result.

Flat out bits of the map were fine, just the stuff around idle and very small throttle angles werent, so it was doing itself more damage in traffic that on track I suspect.

One thing is certain though, its an epic little car, paint etc is amazing

Evo 5 RS

I took it back to TDF for exactly that, wouldn't idle and part throttle was very groggy. Nothing like what I'd had done before otherwise would never have gone back there obviously. I don't regret selling it now, no. Sometimes you've just got to move on really and cut your loses. Do miss it though.

Qashcow

The pisser with me was that omex are 20 minutes from home, omex ecu and mapped adeys identical setup and it was near perfect. Just couldn't find an ecu at the time and in time. Cars are s**t, why can't everything be horsedrawn

Status
Not open for further replies.