ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dan@SJM's 1720v

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Countryman JCW
Well this has come on a way since i was last on CS!

I remember being at the bedford RS track evening in 2013 with you Dan and it having the ITB set up, i've got a great picture of it i'll upload if i can find it.... bad luck having to re-shell though, that Porsche grey is possibly one of my favourite car colours!

Onwards and Updaward's, so to speak...

Edit - Already uploaded previously... http://www.cliosport.net/threads/dan-sjms-1720v.475695/page-43#post-10149865

Last edited:

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo VIII MR FQ340
That was going to be my next job, they were getting in a bad way. Sad but it's only metal. French, rusty metal. How much for the shell?

(I'm half joking)

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo VIII MR FQ340
Also the arch repair was done in 2008-2009 IIRC, wasn't when painted. It had peppered right down to the core - was real bad. Rust is always gonna come back eventually unless you replace it with fresh steel. Which is what you're doing :p

Also the arch repair was done in 2008-2009 IIRC, wasn't when painted. It had peppered right down to the core - was real bad. Rust is always gonna come back eventually unless you replace it with fresh steel. Which is what you're doing :tongueout:
Sorry mate hadn't seen these!

Exactly why the shell is going, I'll be forever chasing it.

The shell won't be useable when I've finished... It'll be prototyping ;)

But, anyway I'm slowly gathering bits for the rebuild...

(Ignore the box..)
2C1855BF-7DFC-46AD-B51A-2F4925F2F72F_zpscdgznbwz.jpg

I've also got another block and large port head, gathering bits to do a 2.0 stroker. I've also agreed to buy a DASH2, which'll make the wiring side easy.

I had it on the rollers the other day (I'd paid for a full day and had finished early) and this was the result (exhaust is a restriction as it was making power steadily then flat lined)

B1ECBB4C-832F-42E4-AE23-71FEA4545E77_zps3oxwogan.jpg

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo VIII MR FQ340
lol crackers. Yeah it's a shame but the underside needs some serious work

Here's a pic from back in 08. I'm surprised it's lasted this long tbh!

8HZ9aax.jpg

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Not tempted with another yet then :tonguewink:
Well the Alpina's time is up i think but I just can't find a replacement I like enough. Took out a A5 but wasn't hugely impressed with the drive, looked at a Cayman but it's simply not practical as a everyday car. Other option is cheap boring practical, focus estate or something and a toy car. God knows, too many options for someone so indecisive :0

I saw you at RITS, was gonna head over and say hi but once we finished yapping were we were, I couldn't see you. I caught up with OG and he mentioned you took him out for a little fright in the grey one lol

Well the Alpina's time is up i think but I just can't find a replacement I like enough. Took out a A5 but wasn't hugely impressed with the drive, looked at a Cayman but it's simply not practical as a everyday car. Other option is cheap boring practical, focus estate or something and a toy car. God knows, too many options for someone so indecisive :0

I saw you at RITS, was gonna head over and say hi but once we finished yapping were we were, I couldn't see you. I caught up with OG and he mentioned you took him out for a little fright in the grey one lol
Cheap and boring car and a toy, you know it makes sense. If you're around today pop over work, I'll take you for a spin :)

50psi on these engines I should say

If speced right they can cope well with it

Some Rev to over 10,000 rpms

TomSx

ClioSport Club Member
I was along side you on the M5 yesterday and a very nice trophy following you? Who's is that? Made me want one..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.