ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dan@SJM's 1720v

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Countryman JCW
Well this has come on a way since i was last on CS!

I remember being at the bedford RS track evening in 2013 with you Dan and it having the ITB set up, i've got a great picture of it i'll upload if i can find it.... bad luck having to re-shell though, that Porsche grey is possibly one of my favourite car colours!

Onwards and Updaward's, so to speak...

Edit - Already uploaded previously... http://www.cliosport.net/threads/dan-sjms-1720v.475695/page-43#post-10149865

Last edited:
So new shell has been collected...
ED624D7D-52A7-4D4B-9C00-0295D069FF37_zpsy4fhxjbe.jpg

F5092504-828F-447A-A174-1CC963CD0D05_zpskphqsv5w.jpg

C6B3EE7A-00BD-4951-8A64-7987FC76B0D1_zps0a6pqb8o.jpg

Pictures stolen shamelessly from one of @Porkie's threads.

Many thanks to @Richy182. for the help/company, @BIGASH for the help loading it and of course telling me it was for sale :)
Kinda in 2 minds what to do, whether to just reshell the grey one into it, or go properly balls out and mental With it.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
That was going to be my next job, they were getting in a bad way. Sad but it's only metal. French, rusty metal. How much for the shell?

(I'm half joking)

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Also the arch repair was done in 2008-2009 IIRC, wasn't when painted. It had peppered right down to the core - was real bad. Rust is always gonna come back eventually unless you replace it with fresh steel. Which is what you're doing :p

Also the arch repair was done in 2008-2009 IIRC, wasn't when painted. It had peppered right down to the core - was real bad. Rust is always gonna come back eventually unless you replace it with fresh steel. Which is what you're doing :tongueout:
Sorry mate hadn't seen these!

Exactly why the shell is going, I'll be forever chasing it.

The shell won't be useable when I've finished... It'll be prototyping ;)

But, anyway I'm slowly gathering bits for the rebuild...

(Ignore the box..)
2C1855BF-7DFC-46AD-B51A-2F4925F2F72F_zpscdgznbwz.jpg

I've also got another block and large port head, gathering bits to do a 2.0 stroker. I've also agreed to buy a DASH2, which'll make the wiring side easy.

I had it on the rollers the other day (I'd paid for a full day and had finished early) and this was the result (exhaust is a restriction as it was making power steadily then flat lined)

B1ECBB4C-832F-42E4-AE23-71FEA4545E77_zps3oxwogan.jpg

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
lol crackers. Yeah it's a shame but the underside needs some serious work

Here's a pic from back in 08. I'm surprised it's lasted this long tbh!

8HZ9aax.jpg

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Not tempted with another yet then :tonguewink:

Well the Alpina's time is up i think but I just can't find a replacement I like enough. Took out a A5 but wasn't hugely impressed with the drive, looked at a Cayman but it's simply not practical as a everyday car. Other option is cheap boring practical, focus estate or something and a toy car. God knows, too many options for someone so indecisive :0

I saw you at RITS, was gonna head over and say hi but once we finished yapping were we were, I couldn't see you. I caught up with OG and he mentioned you took him out for a little fright in the grey one lol

Well the Alpina's time is up i think but I just can't find a replacement I like enough. Took out a A5 but wasn't hugely impressed with the drive, looked at a Cayman but it's simply not practical as a everyday car. Other option is cheap boring practical, focus estate or something and a toy car. God knows, too many options for someone so indecisive :0

I saw you at RITS, was gonna head over and say hi but once we finished yapping were we were, I couldn't see you. I caught up with OG and he mentioned you took him out for a little fright in the grey one lol
Cheap and boring car and a toy, you know it makes sense. If you're around today pop over work, I'll take you for a spin :)

50psi on these engines I should say

If speced right they can cope well with it

Some Rev to over 10,000 rpms

I was along side you on the M5 yesterday and a very nice trophy following you? Who's is that? Made me want one..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.