ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dan@SJM's 1720v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Grey With Trinkets, Russ' 29th RS Clio

So, as most of you know, this is now in my ownership.

Had it on the ramp today to fit the yozza, but it's got a ph1 decat on it, so that was a no go :(

I've fitted my RARB from the Monaco.

My list of stuff to do/sort out.
Map needs a bit of attention. Over-run fuelling needs to be brought down the rev range, and just minor tweaks. I might buy a dongle and Wideband and have a go myself.

Needs to be re-undersealed as its peeling and rusting.

Sump gasket is leaking

Fit a ph2 decat and yozza.

Snap off steering wheel boss

Locking aero catches for the boot.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Just give me a shout if you need a hand with any of the mapping stuff, I did offer to go over the rest for Russ anyway as obviously only had time to the do the real low down stuff that time down yours.

Bigash has a dongle he will lend me.

Depends if you plan on keeping that ECU long term if its worth you getting your own or not I would think?

Another thing to add to the list, there is a near side wheel bearing humming at 70+mph. In theory it's a front as the rears are practically new.

Evo 5 RS

I cant remember when they were changed Dan.

I'm sure it was in the last yeat if so, let us know what you find.

Rear discs and pads are basically new though

So...
It was a rear wheel bearing that had failed. New one pressed in all is happy.

Did Bedford evening last night, it's confirmed the engine is toast. Smoke on overrun and acceleration. So need to source an engine for it.
It needed more front camber as it was rolling over itself.
Ds2500's are ok for the road, but in ambient temps like yesterday, and being hammered after the straights the brakes were over heating.

Other than that the car performed faultlessly, I'm pleased I even got s'kamikaze'bridgy shouting "WTF!" As we were sideways around west 4.

Oh and Jeremy from RUK was admiring the colour and engine bay when I turned up :)

So a bit more Added security, due to the lack of a lockable boot..

8F9DA327-0514-41EB-8EC4-EA53A27B0F61-5274-000004073AFA35E8_zps3d53adb7.jpg

And a shot of his and hers...
89DCEB0B-7F1B-4384-8B07-71A43AEB4477-5274-00000407312C9A89_zps9aa678b7.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I don't know if I'm happy or sad, I do love charged Clio's, they feel mental, but (apart from outright pace) do you not think ITB's suit the character of the car better?

Status
Not open for further replies.