ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dan@SJM's 1720v

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Evo 5 RS
Grey With Trinkets, Russ' 29th RS Clio

Fred I told you mate, the oil was crystal clear till I had it mapped!!!

Good news in a way I guess Russ!

53 Clio's & counting
Re: Grey With Trinkets, Russ' 29th RS Clio

We will know Friday dude - expect updates throughout the morning as we go lol

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Sweet :)

I can feel myself buying another ph1, this is not cool.

Maybe as a Christmas present to myself (then the mrs can't go too mental)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

It's hardly going to be a surprise when you do get one rob, every other post you say you want one so just get t done. But don't make me come to London and remove any shitty ph2 strips from it.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Yeah it's everyone buying them on here again that doesn't help. Russ has got one, you've got 6, clarkey's just bought one, I loved Benkays... arg!

Last edited:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Ill bring ph1 parts with me and araldite. Lets see you ph2 the bugger then! Oh and it's 6 between 2 so that's ok. And that's just ph1s, Dave and gaz85 also have a ph2 flamer and a cup so 8 between 3 of us total. That's normal right?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

Ill bring ph1 parts with me and araldite. Lets see you ph2 the bugger then! Oh and it's 6 between 2 so that's ok. And that's just ph1s, Dave and gaz85 also have a ph2 flamer and a cup so 8 between 3 of us total. That's normal right?

Not even for CS pal... not even for CS.

Evo 5 RS

Hurry up and find out! It'll be mental if it just needs mapping again.

There's a few little jobs that need doing on it, but I don't think it'll be that simple. It's possible that there's something causing it to chuck a f*ck load of fuel in on cold start, but it's not always been that way with that map. It needs the laptop on there first off

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

We will know Friday dude - expect updates throughout the morning as we go lol
Ar$e - shame I can't get over to you easily mate otherwise I'd have popped over and spent a few hours with you guys. Y'know, for sh*ts and giggles. :) I look forward to the up-to-the-minute feedback...

53 Clio's & counting

ah poop dude, well we are doing bits on Claires meggy so will be there in the afternoon too so if you can, come over x

53 Clio's & counting

Update time!

Well had a full day today, got to dans for 10:30 with the Clio and claires meggy.

While dan cracked on with a few jobs on the meg, chip very kindly came and had a look at the map for me (which wouldn't have been possible if Big ash hadn't been so kind to lend me the software and leads - thanks again dude!)

So sparing the details we will get to the important stuff;

On full throttle the map is fine - in chips words a little conservative, so at the possible expence of wringing it right out there may be a few more bhp to come out, but generally spot on.

The idle was a different matter all together - on chips wideband it was showing the afr in the high tens - by the time chip had had a quick fiddle it was a much heather high 13's - and sounds noticeably better for it.

He did make further tweaks but I'll leave him to explain it better!!

But big thanks to ash for the lending and big thanks to Chip for his expertise!

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Didn't really do much other than the idle and smoothing out a little bit of the transition from crank to idle. Really was no trouble mate but hopefully it will significantly extend the life of the engine as the bore wash would have been horrific. It was actually under 10 briefly a few times before hand and that was hot so when cold no wonder it was poorly behaved.
Let me know how you get on and we will have a proper look when we both have more free time. We might even be able to get away with slightly lowering the airflow at idle when we balance it if its still starting well which would allow a little more ignition timing into it.

53 Clio's & counting

Smashing dude, really do appreciate it - yeah I can take a day off work if needed, I'll keep you updated on it and when you're back we can sort it properly :)

It was nice to open it up on the way home without fear of it going bang - it really does go very well!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

It's hardly going to be a surprise when you do get one rob, every other post you say you want one so just get t done. But don't make me come to London and remove any s**tty ph2 strips from it.

And ill be taking them off when his at the unit....;)

53 Clio's & counting

I'd like to say a seperate thanks to dan once again, the bits he did on the meg as top class as usual x

53 Clio's & counting

Been out for a drive this morning as I had to pop over work and sort out the end of month stuff, and the Clio is noticeably better on cold start, and seems a bit more eager at lower revs - will be good when chip and I get some more time on the map .

Now onto refurbing the wheels - I really can't be arsed but red f1's don't exactly pop up for sale very often lol.

So the list as it stands:

Wheels red
Get my spare dash fully flocked and fit
Remove passenger airbag
New front pads
Tidy up engine wiring
Move battery to the boot
Relocate both ecu's
Tidy up interior wiring

There is a ton more I want to do but thats the first lot I'm going to probably work through., also the engine wiring and interior wiring is hardly bad - im just being really anal lol.

The few things I'm possibly considering are painting the cage red to match the wheels, getting the front half of the cage, and lowering it a bit more.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Glad it's starting better when cold too now Russ. Happy with that considering I could only guess as only saw the car hot.

With having it for a few days though I can do a lot more I'm sure.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

You need to speak to sam about painting the cage a different colour. He said he'd never do it again, it's a fcuk ton of work mate!

53 Clio's & counting

I have been thinking about that mate, having to get the interior properly covered so as not to get over spray, making sure the coving is equal and no runs - I think i'll just badger Sam into doing it for me lol (PS, Audi collection ;) )

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Respray the cage a different colour? How difficult can that be?! :p

If you can provide the spray cans, cuppa and Jammie Dodgers I'll do it...

You'll have to drop me a line when you are looking to get the mapping looked at further mate. Hopefully I'll be able to pop over and see it in action. Hopefully everything drives nicely until then and there are no unexpected problems along the way. I very much look forward to seeing it at Combe actually. :)

53 Clio's & counting

I'm looking forward to our outing in welshland once yours is done :D

Just need to get the wheels red before Combe, I really do miss the red

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Well Russ, I've already got a few routes in mind that I think you will enjoy so fingers crossed it won't be too much longer. Welshland isn't such a bad place at all.

I'm unsure if I will be mate, but let me know closer to the time and I can always pop and meet you somewhere for a quick chat, as I only live 8 miles or so from Combe (As i'd like to have a nosey over your motor!)

Cool that sounds like a plan mate.

Glad to see the cars coming along nicely.

53 Clio's & counting

Well Russ, I've already got a few routes in mind that I think you will enjoy so fingers crossed it won't be too much longer. Welshland isn't such a bad place at all.

Lol! I love it, such fantastic roads, was so tempted to sneak out for an early morning drive in Claires meg 225 while we were there lol

Cool that sounds like a plan mate.

Glad to see the cars coming along nicely.

Cheers dude, it's getting there slowly, though I keep adding to tye to do list lol

Evo 5 RS

So the engines ok then? Thank fck I didn't give the bloody car away then.

*Looks at Fred*

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

So the engines ok then? Thank fck I didn't give the bloody car away then.

*Looks at Fred*

Yes mate, just needed a few tweaks to the map which took me literally a couple of minutes and now it runs really well :)

Hope you didnt pay whoever mapped it for you originally? I assume it was some friend of yours trying mapping for the first time in their life or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.