ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dan@SJM's 1720v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Grey With Trinkets, Russ' 29th RS Clio

Have to compare them to the cup ones. Some are longer and I cannot for the life of me remember which is which. As you know some pikey c**t has worked on the cup before I got it and made a complete hash of it.

53 Clio's & counting

Ah really? Cheers Fred, good to know that! Checked the oil when I got home, stinks of unleaded

53 Clio's & counting

I am very lucky she is a petrol head too mate (Hence her now having an Inferno Meggy 225 lol) but even she is getting slightly fed up with all the clio's - still, she is happy with hers so that will keep her occupied for the time being lol.

Oh, Clio is now taxed too.....

53 Clio's & counting

You're just so kind mate :rasp:

Tell you what, i'll take that troublesome pink car off you're hands too, favour for a favour ;)

53 Clio's & counting

Good to see its staying on the forum, it looks mint from the pictures would love to see it in person. It defo needs to be back on red f1s though :cool:

Are you ever at Castle Combe mate? My car club always has a stand at the 2 action days and the classic and sports car days there every year

53 Clio's & counting

I'm unsure if I will be mate, but let me know closer to the time and I can always pop and meet you somewhere for a quick chat, as I only live 8 miles or so from Combe (As i'd like to have a nosey over your motor!)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

You're just so kind mate :rasp:

Tell you what, i'll take that troublesome pink car off you're hands too, favour for a favour ;)
Hmm, I'm sure a temporary swapsies could be arranged. You'll obviously have a benchmark for comparison having had a wee blast in the pink shed before. :D

Getting back on track (no pun intended), have you got everything you need should you find that you do actually have to drop in a new engine? I wouldn't mind seeing what Old Grey is like running at full health.

53 Clio's & counting

It was awesome before, can't wait to see what it will be like once you get it back!

Yeah I'm pretty much up together mate, still need to get a new belt kit but everything else I have ready.

Will give the new one a quick lick of paint then it's being chucked in and hoping for the best - I'll strip the current lump down once it's out and build up a freshened up engine just in case lol

Evo 5 RS

Well on the plus side the box is sound ;)

That engine covered a good 1,000 miles without a hiccup and crystal clear oil on the Omex and previous map. I'd really like to know how within 5 days you can f**k up an engine so badly (if you're not trying to. lol)

53 Clio's & counting

It does seem a bit off doesn't it mate, well I'm taking it to work tomorrow for an oil change, so will keep updated how the engine behaves - as soon as I know what the plan us engine wise I'll be badgering chip into checking the map for me (as Ash has very kindly offered to lend me the software) so we will hopefully know more over the coming weeks

53 Clio's & counting

Awww a before and after lol

Well I popped it on a ramp at lunch, drained the oil/petrol out lol - seriously it stand of fuel!!

Changed the oil filter, and ran 3 litres through it while the sump plug was still out to give it a bit of a flush through (Advantage of buying Shell Fully synth for £1.29 a ltr lol) and then filled it back up.

So we shall see how it goes, and see if we end up with fuel in the oil again - it is really odd mind, as so far it is weirdly behaving itself!

I have noticed one thing though - I have just shifted a cold, which left me with a proper blocked nose - now thats shifting I can smell the fuel.

I'm not 100% yet, but I think it is massively over-fuelling, as cold or hot it stinks, and so far fuel consumption is not good.

So plans have changed a little, and I will be getting the AFR's checked asap and find out whats going on with the map, rather than changing the engine right away - I still am 99% expecting to change the engine, but if a remap will improve this one, and make it last longer I will try to run it for a bit and see how we go - this will give me time to properly strip my 'new' engine and give it a freshen up with new bearings, shells, rings etc.

I am still getting some while residue in the oil filler cap, but I haven't run it long enough to work out exactly how much water it is using, so I will keep this updated

Evo 5 RS
Grey With Trinkets, Russ' 29th RS Clio

Looks like bottom end really has gone tbh. I'm now interested to see what Chip makes of the AFR too

53 Clio's & counting

Should be interesting to see the outcome mate!

On a plus side, so far the battery is fine so hoping the new alternator has solved the electrical issues

Evo 5 RS
Grey With Trinkets, Russ' 29th RS Clio

Is that before you took it for a joy ride and fried the rings?

X

Got to be the only engine /car that had less problems BEFORE it was mapped.

53 Clio's & counting

Poop - looking more like rings as you said mate :(

Well I think I'll hang off the engine swap for a bit, get it remapped and see how long it lasts lol.

Strip and freshen up my spare lump, ready for the inevitable

53 Clio's & counting

Not much to update, other than I am taking it to work to compression test it, then it's off to Dans on Friday to meet Chip and see what we can do with the map - can't wait as mapping is an area I know little of, so really looking forward to getting some insight into it all with Chip :)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

I'm going to be a massive c**t here, but as much as I love this car and the colour, I can't help but think it looked better silver...

Sorry. It might just be the stupid front plate size that's putting me off, or perhaps the wheels. Weren't they red at one point or was that a PS? It looked good with them red.

Really can't wait to see this car running to it's full potential though. Awesome bit of kit.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

It needs red wheels and ph2 side strips. They used to be red Rhys, the wheels were the car's soul. Mike changed them and it broke, no coincidence.

53 Clio's & counting

I'm going to be a massive c**t here, but as much as I love this car and the colour, I can't help but think it looked better silver...

Sorry. It might just be the stupid front plate size that's putting me off, or perhaps the wheels. Weren't they red at one point or was that a PS? It looked good with them red.

Really can't wait to see this car running to it's full potential though. Awesome bit of kit.

Lol you're not a c**t mate, all open to our own opinions, and of course it's fine to say what you wish about it :)

The wheels will be going back red, don't worry :)

It needs red wheels and ph2 side strips. They used to be red Rhys, the wheels were the car's soul. Mike changed them and it broke, no coincidence.

Don't make the slap you x

Well, small update time again.

I took it to work to stick our (thankfully recently calibrated) compression tester on it, and the results:

Cylinder 1 - 177 psi
Cylinder 2 - 172 psi
Cylinder 3 - 173 psi
Cylinder 4 - 178 psi

Which means not only are they within 8 psi of each other, but generally pretty healthy - not what I was expecting :S

The spark plugs on the hand......

IMG-20130326-WA0000_zps020d0859.jpg

20130326_130326_zps88693b1b.jpg

IMG-20130326-WA0001_zps23b64d0b.jpg

Lionel Richie

hum comp isn't bad! still doesn't explain why there's petrol in the oil and it picks and chooses when to run on 2/3/4 clyinders! LOL

53 Clio's & counting

hum comp isn't bad! still doesn't explain why there's petrol in the oil and it picks and chooses when to run on 2/3/4 clyinders! LOL

T'was what I was thinking mate, it's better compression than my black Ph1 was - though since I have fitted that genuine cup alternator it has ran spot on with regards to misfiring (I think you were right, in that other alternator it had was causing an issue charging back into the ECU) - covered approx 120 miles in it so far, and the only time it has been on 3 cylinders is when I first got it and no 3 injector plug had popped off lol

But that still doesn't explain the fuel in the oil - Now, it is running rich - the cold map is not good, it keeps choking itself, and to my ears part throttle doesn't sound right either - so I really am taking a stab in the dark - could the over fuelling be giving it bore wash, and forcing fuel past the rings?

I suppose I will find out when we have a look at the map on Friday lol

Status
Not open for further replies.