ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSF23 ClioSport Festival 2023 - Book Tickets Now!

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Honestly I cannot say enough good things about today. It has been absolutely fantastic. I'm so glad I have finally been to CSF. The circuit is amazing and the weather was perfect. Everyone was so friendly, great to meet old friends and new faces. Such a well organised event and the food/staff was really good. Going to hang around tomorrow and get some photos if the weather is nice.

Thanks to everyone involved and hopefully it continues at Anglesey next year.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Epic day. Great to catch up with everybody and massive thanks to everybody who put the graft in behind the scenes to set this all up.

Anglesey is a great circuit i really enjoyed driving it, and was absolutely worth the 6 hour drive.

Both vans survived and didnt give any issues so id say 100% success!

Roll on the next one!!

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Epic day. Great to catch up with everybody and massive thanks to everybody who put the graft in behind the scenes to set this all up.

Anglesey is a great circuit i really enjoyed driving it, and was absolutely worth the 6 hour drive.

Both vans survived and didnt give any issues so id say 100% success!

Roll on the next one!!

Gutted I didn't get out with you! Next time.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Im led in my tent after dodging the rain, few beers down! What an absolutely fantastic day. Such a wonderful group of people, wonderful location and what turned out to be fantastic weather. Thank you to all of the club admin and friends who helped put on such a fantastic event. Thanks to Anglesey who were wonderful hosts! Thanks to the fellow members of the newly formed Clio sport ‘Gentlemen’s club’

We are all so lucky to enjoy this fantastic club.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
What can I say. An absolute blast of a day.

Thank you so much to everyone that attended today and helped to make the event a massive success.

I was approached by both site managers who said how impressed they were with the set up. They said that all of the marshals said that the track etiquette was superb.

Being that it was our first time here we’ve learned a few lessons and as long as they welcome us back, there will be a few tweeks to make it an even better event next year.

Again a massive thanks to you all for supporting us, we couldn’t do it without you.

X❤️

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Another thing I’d like to point out, about the club…

@Touring_Rob wanted a towbar for his Range Rover. I had one in work. I could have sold it for £120/150 on eBay but I didn’t. I gave it to him and I delivered it to his sisters house on the other side of Bristol. It’s what we do, we help eachother.
Then today as CSF, he came over and we hugged and he thrust £50 upon me. I told him I didn’t want it and he insisted.
What a nice chap.

Fast forward 8 hours and my son asks me to get some raffle tickets. “No son, I’ve got no cash on me and it won’t look good if I win something… hang on! Rob gave me £50. Get £20’s worth of tickets”.

(Still with me??)

The raffle comes around and my son wins the Amazon Echo. Donated by cliosport: 🤦‍♂️
He looks so chuffed though so I let it slide. I wanted him to give it back #becausemod. But he was so excited i let it go.
Then the jammy little sod wins the carbon fibre helmet!! So I let him have that (he was the kid on the moped today) and I gave the Amazon Echo back to the raffle as it wasn’t fair.
They pulled the next number and who won the Amazon Eco?? None other than Our resident Tory Rob.

Good deeds breed good things. And we’ve got it with this club. How many people can let their 16 year old kid walk off and get in anyone’s car for a passenger ride?? (People I actually know, I’m not pimping him out to strangers) I left my Trook open all day, my keys in my track car, my tool box and big Snapon Gun all in the garage and not once did I think “better not leave that there, someone might pinch it”.

Amazing club. 👌🏽

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Another thing I’d like to point out, about the club…

@Touring_Rob wanted a towbar for his Range Rover. I had one in work. I could have sold it for £120/150 on eBay but I didn’t. I gave it to him and I delivered it to his sisters house on the other side of Bristol. It’s what we do, we help eachother.
Then today as CSF, he came over and we hugged and he thrust £50 upon me. I told him I didn’t want it and he insisted.
What a nice chap.

Fast forward 8 hours and my son asks me to get some raffle tickets. “No son, I’ve got no cash on me and it won’t look good if I win something… hang on! Rob gave me £50. Get £20’s worth of tickets”.

(Still with me??)

The raffle comes around and my son wins the Amazon Echo. Donated by cliosport: 🤦‍♂️
He looks so chuffed though so I let it slide. I wanted him to give it back #becausemod. But he was so excited i let it go.
Then the jammy little sod wins the carbon fibre helmet!! So I let him have that (he was the kid on the moped today) and I gave the Amazon Echo back to the raffle as it wasn’t fair.
They pulled the next number and who won the Amazon Eco?? None other than Our resident Tory Rob.

Good deeds breed good things. And we’ve got it with this club. How many people can let their 16 year old kid walk off and get in anyone’s car for a passenger ride?? (People I actually know, I’m not pimping him out to strangers) I left my Trook open all day, my keys in my track car, my tool box and big Snapon Gun all in the garage and not once did I think “better not leave that there, someone might pinch it”.

Amazing club. 👌🏽
A place where all the decent folk gather. Utopia!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Man down
View attachment 1657911

Enjoy the weekend folks. See you next year

Well that sucks!

I stayed until I lost confidence in my brother's tent leaked in that 8pm deluge. Set off home at half 10. And aquaplaned a few times home, swerving the zombies at creamfields 😂

Great day, weather was absolutely mint too which was unexpected according to the forecasts.

See you next year!

IMG_20230826_083415.jpg

Last edited:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
awesome day out, definitely worth the 650 mile round trip! - myself and @aldo_87 will definitely have our cars ready for next year for track time!!

couple of things that stand out for me
  • Laps in the cup racer were awesome - really impressive, cheers to the guys who made it all happen, and for a good cause too.
  • the 3 guys driving the white 200, blue 200 and yellow megane 250 who were absolutely on it all day with each other were a really good watch!
  • Facilities at the track were good
  • CS Staff were helpful and friendly, really well organised considering it was only 4 people I think they said?!
we had a great day even though we didn't have track time booked just wandering about looking at the cars, talking to owners and wandering round the entire track watching from different points (weather helped massively!!!)

Would have been really good to see a bit more of a "show" section, to attract more cars on display, some V6s etc! and maybe some trade stands, but definitely something to build on for next year. Would love to see it back there next year (that's assuming Knockhill is out the equation lol!)

Also to echo what was said above, my motor was left unlocked all day, windows down, phone left at the charging station etc, it felt like we were at a private event with a close group of friends! that's not something you get elsewhere these days! and it was some of the best considerate track driving ive ever seen!

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Me and Chris went back to the track this morning for breakfast and to checkout the track day. It was a pretty stark contrast to be honest. Lots more cars and some really nice cars, but the standard of driving immediately felt much worse. People over taking under brakes and up the insides of fast corners! Yesterday everyone was very well behaved and overtook safely.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
awesome day out, definitely worth the 650 mile round trip! - myself and @aldo_87 will definitely have our cars ready for next year for track time!!

couple of things that stand out for me
  • Laps in the cup racer were awesome - really impressive, cheers to the guys who made it all happen, and for a good cause too.
  • the 3 guys driving the white 200, blue 200 and yellow megane 250 who were absolutely on it all day with each other were a really good watch!
  • Facilities at the track were good
  • CS Staff were helpful and friendly, really well organised considering it was only 4 people I think they said?!
we had a great day even though we didn't have track time booked just wandering about looking at the cars, talking to owners and wandering round the entire track watching from different points (weather helped massively!!!)

Would have been really good to see a bit more of a "show" section, to attract more cars on display, some V6s etc! and maybe some trade stands, but definitely something to build on for next year. Would love to see it back there next year (that's assuming Knockhill is out the equation lol!)

Also to echo what was said above, my motor was left unlocked all day, windows down, phone left at the charging station etc, it felt like we were at a private event with a close group of friends! that's not something you get elsewhere these days! and it was some of the best considerate track driving ive ever seen!

Was it you and @aldo_87 I was speaking to?

I was in garage 21, silver 182 and my mate @JB21 in his MR2

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Who were the 2 197s, clean blue one and a white one at the end garage?
That blue one was mint

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Me and the boys had a good day. A day of tyre death for us and a bit of a punch in the b****cks for myself having 2 Clio’s welded to my bumper all day…. Granted they were on slicks (that’s the excuse I’m sticking with). Also had some mint laps with (I think) @JB21 in his MR2. Much like the Clios, he was absolutely slaughtering me on the tighter corners and under braking.

My only ‘gripe’ was how empty the track was, although I’m not exactly sure whether I can justify moaning about that - especially given the lack of red flags throughout the day.

IMG_8311.jpeg

IMG_8309.jpeg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Me and the boys had a good day. A day of tyre death for us and a bit of a punch in the b****cks for myself having 2 Clio’s welded to my bumper all day…. Granted they were on slicks (that’s the excuse I’m sticking with). Also had some mint laps with (I think) @JB21 in his MR2. Much like the Clios, he was absolutely slaughtering me on the tighter corners and under braking.

My only ‘gripe’ was how empty the track was, although I’m not exactly sure whether I can justify moaning about that - especially given the lack of red flags throughout the day.

View attachment 1658114

View attachment 1658115

You three can pedal that's for sure.

That blue 197 was rapid too, who's is it?