ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSF23 Clio Sport Festival 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Pretty sure it was @R29TJR
@Panda. is up north, so deffo closer than us, although im pretty sure Anglesey is miles away from everyone :ROFLMAO:
I'm acting all surprised about where it is but I already planned my journey in Feb

1675786165213-png.1630730

Its a journey alright.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Would have thought something like £20 for 10-15 mins would be a price people would be happy to pay? I'm sure you could charge more and have fewer takers but much less you would be getting near to at cost?

@Sunglasses_Ron, apologies if I have missed it. Is there any tuition available on the day do you think? Track looks fairly fast and I think a few tutor sessions would help me a lot.

yes there’s going to be one instructor possibly two.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
blimey.JPG

Sadly, a little bit too far to "pop" over - 3 fecking days if I walked, too.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I mean, I would have just left the Clio in the UK and then driven back to Poland from Anglesey but your commitment to the cause is worthy.
I'd have to replace even more of the car than I already have! Thought I'd give it an MOT and drive back but I've ended up replacing all the front brakes as it is! 🤣

Can tell what the average age of attendees is to this, you're all booking hotel rooms for more than entire cottages are on airbnb like 5 mins from the track :ROFLMAO:

Buzzing that this is at Anglesey though, my favourite track.
I'll be coming, debating now weather i want to camp or live in luxury
Theres a 100% chance of wind for 100% of the time at Anglesey
And probably still a 98% chance of rain even in August

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
At least it doesn't have a miss fire, low compression on one cylinder and cut out randomly with no warning lights at all, I think it's pissed off I stopped using it as a daily.
I'm convinced mine was pissed off that I left it in England when I moved to Poland in August last year. It had been absolutely faultless until then but as soon as I left it started chewing up discs, throwing up warning lights, boot light wouldn't turn off, boot wouldn't lock etc...
All the brakes have been replaced now which solved a lot of the issues and the boot magically started locking again after 2 days back in my ownership. It's an abusive relationship for sure, but I wouldn't have it any other way. She's the one ❤️

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I'm convinced mine was pissed off that I left it in England when I moved to Poland in August last year. It had been absolutely faultless until then but as soon as I left it started chewing up discs, throwing up warning lights, boot light wouldn't turn off, boot wouldn't lock etc...
All the brakes have been replaced now which solved a lot of the issues and the boot magically started locking again after 2 days back in my ownership. It's an abusive relationship for sure, but I wouldn't have it any other way. She's the one ❤️
That's exactly what mine's like, it has moods which get worse the less I use it.

Also anyone looking at routes, if youre coming from the midlands or south of the midlands, don't go up to chester and across, go via A5 and Bala, the roads are some of the best Wales has to offer.
What adds to the whole Anglesey experience is the roads you can take to get to it. Through Snowdonia etc.
Ignore the evo triangle though, its trash.
If youre coming from south south, go via Elan Valley (go explore Elan Valley if you have time) some of those roads are epic too.

I'm sure some of the welsh guys can give you all a better idea of the roads you want to take, but I'm happy to help if anyone wants some ideas.
@SharkyUK can help here I'm sure.
Bringing the GT4 mate?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Also anyone looking at routes, if youre coming from the midlands or south of the midlands, don't go up to chester and across, go via A5 and Bala, the roads are some of the best Wales has to offer.
What adds to the whole Anglesey experience is the roads you can take to get to it. Through Snowdonia etc.
Ignore the evo triangle though, its trash.
If youre coming from south south, go via Elan Valley (go explore Elan Valley if you have time) some of those roads are epic too.

I'm sure some of the welsh guys can give you all a better idea of the roads you want to take, but I'm happy to help if anyone wants some ideas.
@SharkyUK can help here I'm sure.
Bringing the GT4 mate?
This.

Come in around Kidderminster> Shrewsbury, Oswestry, Llangollen, A5 all the way through to Anglesey rather than up past Brum.

(@Ol’Tarby! The londis in Bethesda also has a cracking beer selection but it's all shelf and not fridge stock)

Breaks the motorway (and the A55 will 100% be w**k BH weekend)

Probably won't add that much time to it.

Whenever I head to Cornwall/the south I avoid the M6 and head down that way.

This.

Come in around Kidderminster> Shrewsbury, Oswestry, Llangollen, A5 all the way through to Anglesey rather than up past Brum.

(@Ol’Tarby! The londis in Bethesda also has a cracking beer selection but it's all shelf and not fridge stock)

Breaks the motorway (and the A55 will 100% be w**k BH weekend)

Probably won't add that much time to it.

Whenever I head to Cornwall/the south I avoid the M6 and head down that way.
Next time you do it, come off the A5 and head to Bala, trust.
I normally go A5 back as its still nice and slightly more chill.
You need to be alive and kicking so you dont drive off a cliff going via Bala, so I tend to do that on the way there.
The B4391 it is, arguably the best road in Wales. Then Bala to Festiniog, then whatever route maps says, none will be dissapointing.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Next time you do it, come off the A5 and head to Bala, trust.
I normally go A5 back as its still nice and slightly more chill.
You need to be alive and kicking so you dont drive off a cliff going via Bala, so I tend to do that on the way there.
The B4391 it is, arguably the best road in Wales. Then Bala to Festiniog, then whatever route maps says, none will be dissapointing.

I've driven loads of the road's, just thought I'd post a simple direction towards Anglesey rather than motorway.

Ysbty ifan>Festiniog is one of my favourite roads tbh but there are loads of hidden gems.

I've driven loads of the road's, just thought I'd post a simple direction towards Anglesey rather than motorway.

Ysbty ifan>Festiniog is one of my favourite roads tbh but there are loads of hidden gems.
Same, driven to Anglesey loads of times and taken a different route each time, after Bala :ROFLMAO:
Loads of options, the A5 is still great just can be a bit trafficy, especially BH

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Status
Not open for further replies.