ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RS250

Thanks

Now the brakes to resolve. 330mm PF's fitted but having quite a bit of pad floating\knocking. Gonna see if Calipers need a good overhauling, and that might help. Then some CL RC5 + RC6 pads, I think. Gonna fit some 15mm spacers too.

Then I'm gonna revisit why I'm down 15 bhp on this set-up?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Very jealous of you having room for 330mm brakes, even 300 are a really tight squeeze on my 15" rims on my 172.

SC Auto's Filter Hard Pipe

I must stop painting things LY!!!! LOL

IMG_0803_zps52547b5d.jpg

IMG_0805_zpsc3765419.jpg

Got used to the noisey brakes yet or have you changed pads?

Sold the brakes, too much for me, will get Godspeed instead if I keep the car....

So is this still for sale then ?? how come sale fell thru ??

The car was never advertised, was approached with a firm offer, and its still on the table with first refusal....

Glad to you see you got it Wilson :) You know you want that big silver pipe doing gloss black or LQ yellow

Simon. Gloss black would be cool.....

No chance of u selling this mate ? Class motor

As above...

It has been mate but didnt sell .

​As above....

Had some issues with engine temps at Bedford. So, been doing some research on the issue of fitting a large FMIC which in essence blocks airflow to rad and found this on Megansport....From JW racing

"We actually found the problem was with water temps not oil

The Megane RS250 engine has a real problem with water temperatures rising fast when the car comes on boost , even on an unmodified car on the road , on the track the situation gets worse (TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!!!)

When some companies make new intercoolers to try and improve performance they make the water temperature problem even worse so when we developed our intercooler with Pro Alloy we fitted a small cooling radiator after the turbocharger , this cools the water before it is circulated back into the cooling system and helps keep the temperatures lower...We have since re mapped our test car and we have no problems with it at all"

So I've bought a cooler rad for after the turbo, and also going to lose the air-con rad (its not working anyway) that sits in front of water rad, and lets hope that brings down the charge temps...Fingers crossed!!!!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Had some issues with engine temps at Bedford. So, been doing some research on the issue of fitting a large FMIC which in essence blocks airflow to rad and found this on Megansport....From JW racing

The Megane RS250 engine has a real problem with water temperatures rising fast when the car comes on boost , even on an unmodified car on the road , on the track the situation gets worse (TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!!!)

When some companies make new intercoolers to try and improve performance they make the water temperature problem even worse so when we developed our intercooler with Pro Alloy we fitted a small cooling radiator after the turbocharger , this cools the water before it is circulated back into the cooling system and helps keep the temperatures lower...We have since re mapped our test car and we have no problems with it at all"

So I've bought a cooler rad for after the turbo, and also going to lose the air-con rad (its not working anyway) that sits in front of water rad, and lets hope that brings down the charge temps...Fingers crossed!!!!

What you really want is a small intercooler with a really high quality core, where as what most people end up with (cause its cheap) is a big ebay intercooler.

Garrett's latest cores are excellent. I have a 400+ corsa that I am mapping for someone soon and I know that when he goes on track he will get temp issues because he has a big cheap cooler currently and it covers his radiator up, I will be instructing him to dig deep for a proper one thats half the size but still works as well, and therefore allows his radiator to work again.

Flamer
Just saw this! Absolutely love it and comps suit it so so well as I love that wheel anyway. Hopefully you sort out the temps but in the grand scheme of things it's a small issue with the overall haul!

​Simply stunning an enjoy :)

172 cup, Impreza P1

Any pics of the small rad and where it is installed?

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Just saw this! Absolutely love it and comps suit it so so well as I love that wheel anyway. Hopefully you sort out the temps but in the grand scheme of things it's a small issue with the overall haul!

​Simply stunning an enjoy :)

couldnt agree more with the comps love them!

What you really want is a small intercooler with a really high quality core, where as what most people end up with (cause its cheap) is a big ebay intercooler.

Garrett's latest cores are excellent. I have a 400+ corsa that I am mapping for someone soon and I know that when he goes on track he will get temp issues because he has a big cheap cooler currently and it covers his radiator up, I will be instructing him to dig deep for a proper one thats half the size but still works as well, and therefore allows his radiator to work again.

I agree. I may have to revisit the intercooler again. I'll see how I get on with the turbo cooler...

Any pics of the small rad and where it is installed?

Not fitted it yet...

couldnt agree more with the comps love them!

Heres another pic....

8926084035_88844d507e_b_zps23ea3acd.jpg

I agree, I love Comp MO's. I now have a second set which I hope to fit R888 to.. Think I'm painting those pearl white....