ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RS250

When finished I'll put up a proper build thread. The engine was advertised for sale everywhere but obviously why would someone want to buy it? Meg 250 owners are probably still running warranty and certainly no ones blown any up yet? No one thought they'd fit anything other than a Meg 250. I was on the net late and came across a Spanish guy who fitted a 250 engine into a R26. Obviously, if it will fit a R26...it will fit into a Clio because the 225 engine fits into a Clio...Thats where we started from. Obviously since, there are many now hunting for a 250 engine!!! If only life were that simple. Biggest hurdle, the electrics. I have a genius auto-electrician who solved many problems with the install that others might not. Been running over 2 months, drives with no bangs, no Christmas lights on the dash, even the wife could drive it and she wouldn't know whats under the bonnet.

Some mapping to do and the 250 engine runs VVT so its power delivery is different to 225. Need to sort out the fueling cause need more fuel pressure. The engines already strengthen so good for 350 they recon.

Like I said, the interior is 2 handles, 3 strips and a dash surround. I'll probably leave them cause the whole point of the car was trying something different than normally speedlines, etc......

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Brilliant work.

Not a fan of LY on the mk3, but I can overlook that due to the engine! Love how OEM it looks in there.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Piano black interior would look superb.

What does something like this cost?

New grilles fitted. Finally got round to finding a 250 fuel pump....

Picture009_zpscb29d304.jpg

Cup In bits
Not the biggest fan of Clio's tbph but yours looks purposeful with those compo's. Looking good.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
great car-

Grills- how to ruin a car in 1 attempt. looks like a lego or model car now.

S

Thanks for your all your comments (good and not so good). I'm far from precious about comments as thats why I post stuff to get a feel for peoples general views. Styling always gonna be a bit hit n' miss cause its so much down to individual taste when you move away from the norm. Also realise that 197/200 wasn't the best received RS on CS.

The Clio set-up for St2 so once the fueling sorted and mapped, hopefully I'll see around 320bhp. Grilles are functional too....Theres a big intercooler under there. I also think there look better in the flesh.....

Recently fitted KW clubsport so handling even more focused. Taking the brakes to 330mm.....then I'm finished just in time to sell it in summer.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Aye i know! And now that i have potentially 5 week's off work, you have to buy something so i can take you to get out the f**king house.

Preferably doon the road, please! ;)

330Ci cab
in the words of Lloyd Christmas - i like it a lot
id love a go in that when its running spot on, proper hoonigan car! windows down, radio off, love it. piano black ftmfw

in the words of Lloyd Christmas - i like it a lot
id love a go in that when its running spot on, proper hoonigan car! windows down, radio off, love it. piano black ftmfw

Your only down the motorway mate. When its sorted, your more than welcome to have a go. Maybe you good do a bit of a write up. Would welcome a honest opinion (good and bad)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Despite my preferences on the external looks, I love this car!

i wonder how much my insurance would jump from my car to yours haha.

Also, extra brownie points for the genuine cup racer spoiler :D. Although I'd be scared of it being stolen lol