ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RS250

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Young Wilson sold it to Glen3, who sold it to me. When I got it, it went into limp mode at higher revs, torn Recaro,bald tyres, bonnet pull broken, and many other little niggles,which was a shame for such a potentially great car. I checked map, and it was a standard 250 map, put on it, to cure limp mode.( It Didn't!.)Now, having had new air con pipes,Radiator,Brakes, Battery to boot,remapped,and 100 other things, and having spent weeks doing all the jobs, the car is now where it should be.

Glad to hear!

What was the issue for it dropping into limp mode? Or was it a few things?

Clio 197,with megan'
Forgot to add.....Rad fan was the wrong way around!!.
Discovered that there was air lock. from the turbo to the turbo radiators,so another job fixed. Having new wheels/tyres next week's ,so car, is finally there. I feel you need to be dedicated to get through all the problems, so is it all worth it?. Definitely,once you drive it. So September 1st. Cadwell.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Discovered that there was air lock. from the turbo to the turbo radiators,so another job fixed. Having new wheels/tyres next week's ,so car, is finally there. I feel you need to be dedicated to get through all the problems, so is it all worth it?. Definitely,once you drive it. So September 1st. Cadwell.

You're bloody dedicated to your track days! My hat is well and truly off to you haha

Clio 197,with megan'
IMG_1383.JPG dateposted-public
Simply EPIC!

Wilson sold it to Glen, who sold it to me. When I purchased it, it was in a very sorry state, torn recaro,bald tyres, cracked, and very badly repaired alloy wheels, leaky rad,going into limp mode, and a standard 250 map on it, to try and cure limp mode.(It Didn't !.)and far too many things to list. Now,after many months, and about 60 odd jobs,doing everything that needed doing, including RST putting the map back on, the car is where it deserves to be. This car is a keeper, and an absolute pleasure to drive. First test,Cadwell, 1st September.

Clio 197,with megan'
Anglesea July, this broke. Water pipe from Turbo, was joined in 3 places, instead of one pipe.This part snapped, being a plastic insert, inside a plastic insert, thus strictly reducing water flow!!. Problem was fixed at track, thanks to a few strangers who popped in and ended up with dirty hands!. Battery now in boot, two solenoids replaced, new Map sensor. Rear inner strut brace removed. It was held in by a top bolt on the drivers side, no bottom bolt, due to one already broken off in the hole, a bolt, but no thread, on the top passenger side, and no bottom bolt. This is typical of the build quality that was done. I could write a book, on all the faults. We will ignore the cracked, badly repaired alloys that finally failed at
IMG_2115.JPG
IMG_2117.JPG
IMG_2137.JPG
IMG_2115.JPGIMG_2117.JPGIMG_2137.JPGSpa, BUT car is now as good as it can be, and for me, well worth it.

Clio 197,with megan'
Now had Cambelt kit,new front disks,DS1.11 pads, new rear disks/pads/ couple of ball joints, Gearbox cables/ service. Just had a great day at Anglesea. I think back to back, Oulton/Anglesea is next. Car runs so well now.I think the only thing I might look at, would be something like a Twingo running around 300bhp. I somehow like that idea.