ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I know what you're saying, but it's not like you're comparing new vs. old. You're comparing new with every option ticked vs. what I'm guessing isn't a comparatively specced BMW.

​That said, I really love that BMW :eek:
Or find another £3k and have this: http://www.approved.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/bmwauc/details/0,,1156___ask-20%40adm-
xx,00.html?ch=_V0JBMU43MjA4MEoxODc1MDc=&btp=1x24-price_ASC|list

I know its new vs 2nd hand, but seriously, you'd have to be mad to buy a brand new 200 instead of a 6 month old M135i ...

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Did someone mention loan and buying anew car in the same sentence?

It's not so much financial suicide as utterly mental.

Sorry we all haven't got 23k in cash floating about and if I did the other half would have it spent on a wedding. For the price I'm paying I could sell it back to the garage and make a profit. The monthly repayments don't affect my way of life just reduces monthly savings so I'm quite willing to make a loss of £100 a year in interest that I will make up in savings on petrol road tax combined. Cars are for driving and not worrying about depreciation value.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't have a problem with cost. I have a problem with half value depreciation. Used by all means take a loan out, buying new, go PCP unless you're planning on keeping it until you die.

Just an opinion but pcp is there for reasons like that. A few will keep it until the end of the term but if you do decide to change during the loan the car is going to worth a good lot less!

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
When doing around 25k a year mileage wise pcp is no use what so ever when the yearly mileage is restricted. Like I said cars are for driving and not just a trip to the local shops.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Just been for a test drive in the 208 gti!
At reading Peugeot on basingstoke rd, only popped in to see a megane 250 they had, then seen a black 208 gti, although not out until August it's a demo. Orders open July! Dealer thinks that they'll all be snapped up quite soon! Lol

Same price as the clio 200t with 3 drs and manual 6 speed box. Plus a full size spare wheel ( don't see that very often )

Drive was ok compared to my A3 sline very smooth and as quite doing 70mph on dual carriage way! Gearbox felt a bit notchy in to 2nd and 4th,steering very light. With a very small steering wheel where all the dials are situated where you look over the steering wheel - to me that's very strange and not too my liking!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
All 208's have the same issue with the steering wheel and dials. Shocking fault.

Whoever decided that being able to see the dials ABOVE the steering wheel, instead of through it, was a good idea? Just typical French TBH. Trying to do something radical by making it s**t.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Can't say i've had any problems with the dials in our 208. But it's almost cheaper than cycling so it does our family fine. Not to mention 45mpg and £20 tax.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I don't have a problem with cost. I have a problem with half value depreciation. Used by all means take a loan out, buying new, go PCP unless you're planning on keeping it until you die.

Just an opinion but pcp is there for reasons like that. A few will keep it until the end of the term but if you do decide to change during the loan the car is going to worth a good lot less!

a car like that on PCP is proably still going to cost 10k in payments though for the 3yrs, and your restricted in millage, and ideally need to keep it for the full term.

depreciation is an issue on them no matter what route you go, I think its either a case of deal with it, or choose another car

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Just seems mental. Wait 6 months and you just saved 4k or something.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah there is running costs then there is mass depreciation.

I couldn't get a 20k bank loan knowing the minute I drove it out the garage I had lost quite a large sum of money. I'd find it easier "renting" it. Don't ask me why. Maybe it's the fact the Clio is imo expensive and it doesn't tickle my fancy.

C63 AMG
Saw a standard Clio IV today and it looked s**t. The RS, in the flesh, will look s**t too. Buy a Fiesta ST instead, or work harder and buy a Megane 265, or a VXR...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The standard car seems to look so high at the back! Look half decent in White.

Loving white again now. It's come back into fashion without ever going out.

Every car I spec, or look at, looks sensational in white. Especially any BMW with red leather.

Specced up a white Focus ST3 earlier and got wood.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I was followed along the M8 last night by a white Clio IV and through the rear view mirror it looked bloody good, didn't look to high either, I slowed down even more so it could come past but it pulled off at the next slip road.
To date I've only seen three in the flesh on the road. Colours have been White, French Blue and that Inca Yellow - not my favourite colour but it does look better in the flesh.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I've seen a fair few Clio 4's on the road now and think they look great, apart from the ones with the coloured wheels :(

Astra (H) VXR
I really rate the looks on the IV especially in the oyster grey colour they do. Such a lovely colour IMO.. Kinda like storm grey, but 49 shades different :)

TT 225+
Anyone seen a pcp example yet? Would be good if they did a £199/month deal again.

After much thought I've decided I like it. Cruise to work in full auto mode, weekend paddle warrior.

CLIO 2 RS trackcar
One of 1st video inside the CLIO 4 CUP

Look at the the very fast reactivity of its sequential gearbox ! <3

I want that on the phase 2 of CLIO 4RS !!

But it will not be the same price with this racing gearbox ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
  ff cup ur 200
i want a 6 speed manual on the ph2 of the clio 4rs but i think thats probably been covered somewhere in this thread already :quiet:

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
One of 1st video inside the CLIO 4 CUP

Look at the the very fast reactivity of its sequential gearbox ! <3

I want that on the phase 2 of CLIO 4RS !!

But it will not be the same price with this racing gearbox ^^

Notice how the shift paddles are on the wheel!

Last edited by a moderator:
  CLIO 2 RS trackcar
i want a 6 speed manual on the ph2 of the clio 4rs but i think thats probably been covered somewhere in this thread already :quiet:

if the gearbox of the "classic" CLIO 4RS phase 2 has the same fast reactivity that the Cup racing sequential 6 speeds here, no problems for me to have a such sequential gearbox, even it will be faster and more fun than a classic manual gearbox

But it is not possible, a such racing sequential gearbox is too expensive to be in a "classic commercial" CLIO 4RS :-/