ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Lol at all the cries of financial suicide, show me a car that doesn't lose money. Even Enzo's Carrera GT's lost money initially! (Hardly a comparison I know)
I will be going non cup suspension. Fcuk replacing 18in tyresw as well. My only considerations other than price will be real world mpg and how cack the stereo is.

saw a Tce on the road yesterday. Racing blue, bar alot of Gloss plastics, gotta say... here goes.... ffs....

​I looked really good, ALOT better in reality than pics.

RB182cup&golf gti
Like the 197 and 200 then?

My wife's 1.2 09 reg dynamique which never gets thrashed has averaged 38mpg, and the buttons on the stereo have started to peel off. The official figure is 48 I think, so deduct 10, plus a few for harder driving and you should be there. As for the stereo, I'm sure it will be fine.....

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
My wife's 1.2 09 reg dynamique which never gets thrashed has averaged 38mpg, and the buttons on the stereo have started to peel off. The official figure is 48 I think, so deduct 10, plus a few for harder driving and you should be there. As for the stereo, I'm sure it will be fine.....

Oily fingers lol my buttons on my 8 year old 182 haven't peeled and I get 35 to the gallon in town and can get 42 on the motorway at a casual 64mph its all about how heavy your right foot is. So I for one, am looking forward to when my 200t is ready for collection.
The blue isn't Racing blue it's "French Blue" and the mk IV's do look better in the flesh even that inca yellow.
Cant believe they aren't bringing out a blue for the RS though

RB182cup&golf gti
Oily fingers lol my buttons on my 8 year old 182 haven't peeled and I get 35 to the gallon in town and can get 42 on the motorway at a casual 64mph its all about how heavy your right foot is. So I for one, am looking forward to when my 200t is ready for collection.
The blue isn't Racing blue it's "French Blue" and the mk IV's do look better in the flesh even that inca yellow.
Cant believe they aren't bringing out a blue for the RS though

It's early days, they're bound to introduce more colours and options. My 182 is 8 years old and has only covered 19k, and has averaged 31mpg and its buttons are fine. Steering wheel is starting to melt though :(
Going to renault tomorrow for a replacement key, so will try and avoid the sales vultures, or I could be on here tomorrow saying just ordered a 200T.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
On my third steering wheel except had this one recovered by snappy, even the renault dealer admired the stitching right before the smack in the mouth saying he'd give me £800 for the car :clown:

No thanks I'd get more for it selling it as parts and for that price it would be going back to standard :p

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
£800! Lol you've got a set of 421 cams fitted IIRC?

Yes 421's are still fitted :D along with solid engine and gearbox mounts. When the time comes to sell it it will be selling for 3 different prices depending on what gets thrown in with it spare alloys, spoilers V6, Cup standard spoilers, JMS V6 induction and stnadard air boxes, steering wheels, dash trims, bullets, Satnav, Hands free device and connects2 device along with manuals spare lambda sensors carbon fibre splitter and carbon fibre foglight surrounds basically emptying out the garage.
The brother in law wants my Gold Winter wheels for his Scenic.

Lol at all the cries of financial suicide, show me a car that doesn't lose money. Even Enzo's Carrera GT's lost money initially! (Hardly a comparison I know)
I will be going non cup suspension. Fcuk replacing 18in tyresw as well. My only considerations other than price will be real world mpg and how cack the stereo is.

Cries, or opinions? Also, you're worried about the price of the car, the price of 18" tyres, and the fuel economy, but you're not bothered about potentially losing £10k in 12 months on the purchase price?

I made that number up by the way. Perhaps financial suicide was a bit strong, but anyone who doesn't at least consider depreciation, is either seriously rich, or seriously stupid. IMO.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
If you're looking to change your car that often that you need to worry about the price drop buy second hand that way it's not as bad. I think having owned my 182 from new over nearly 8 years of ownership I've had my monies worth out of it and lots of fun along the way.

Some buy a car to use long term and not just because the wind is blowing in a different direction so couldn't care less about depreciation, the rest of the costs that come from ownership are just some of the joys and woes of owning a car and not necessarily restricted to new car owners and besides if no one bought a new car the second hand car market would be pricey

For sure, but dismissing it is foolish. I saved myself about eight thousand pounds over three years by not choosing a Megane 250. Just for example. Personally I'm definitely not in the 'don't buy new' camp.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
For sure, but dismissing it is foolish. I saved myself about eight thousand pounds over three years by not choosing a Megane 250. Just for example. Personally I'm definitely not in the 'don't buy new' camp.
This.

its not buying new that puts me off, I don't mind the premium you pay and depreciation hit you need to take, its buying new Renaults that bother me purely down to the amount they loose that can be massively reduced by buying else where!

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Cries, or opinions? Also, you're worried about the price of the car, the price of 18" tyres, and the fuel economy, but you're not bothered about potentially losing £10k in 12 months on the purchase price?

I made that number up by the way. Perhaps financial suicide was a bit strong, but anyone who doesn't at least consider depreciation, is either seriously rich, or seriously stupid. IMO.

Cries/opinions, it's all the same :). I would only be considering a pcp if there was a decent deal on offer. Buying a new car outright to sell on in less than couple of years is financial suicide - but people still do it!
The 182 is cheap on fuel for what is so anything less than 30mpg average is going to irk me at £250 per month on fuel already.
I reckon the price difference between 17 and 18's would be around £300 a year based on my current rate of use and unnecessary imo.
I'd be keeping it for 5yrs or more as well.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I just specced one up on their fantastic website......not

I think the interior looks great. How good that touchscreen display is I don't know :(

RB182cup&golf gti
Just been to lookers renault for a new key and stayed in the car and let the wife go in as they really really really annoy me. As MarkCup said in an earlier post, the fact that they don't even know their own cars speaks volumes. They're on a par with shitron.
Saw a mk4 in silver with ok wheels. Looked nice, as I'm sure the RS will in the flesh.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Just went with their finance on the remainder of the balance as the APR was the same as the bank and if the bank lowers their APR then time to play the swap game on finance
PCP is of no use to me high miler.

Yes quoting myself, how sad.

Having had a look at the figures when the paperwork came in binned their finance offer as it was most definitely not the 5% apr they splash over the front of their site. No wonder they wouldn't tell me the APR borrow 14k and then payback 21k, I think not. Hello Barclays that loan I enquired about, 6.1% I'll take it happy to pay back 2k in interest and with smaller payments over less time. So pleased I have learnt from lessons learnt in the past check the final figure.
Oh and before the financial suicide brigade start moaning again - I buy cars for the long terms not just a couple of years before part exchanging. The car is my choice and I'm happy with the reviews I've seen and read. Driven the standard version and was happy enough with that, in the same was i was happy with my 1.4 dynamique+ before i ordered my 182. If you don't like how the car looks or the lack of a manual box don't buy one there will be plenty of others who will and probably flood the second hand car market in a couple of years with them.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
I'm pretty sure it won't disappoint in the slightest.

but if your getting a loan Your effectively cash buyer to the garage so would you not be tempted to go buy/haggle one of the first that comes up for sale t avoid the waiting game?

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
I've seen one black non sport which looked okay. All of the other non sports were the same as the one in advert - the best spec by the looks of things.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Red/blue strip down the sides mean its a dynamic and without the stripes is the base model.

I saw a horrible white one today with silver and red wheels. And red trim on the side.

Other than than the ones with normal wheels look fine

E92 325D
I buy cars for the long terms not just a couple of years before part exchanging.

This was how i saw purchasing my clio 200....unfortunately, after a 15 months of complaining, multiple faults, and my hair falling out through the stress of dealing with them, i cant see me keeping hold of the car for the duration of the deal i agreed.

This car has A LOT of electrical technology, they cant even get the mechanical side of things right in the 200, let alone the electrics. For your sake i hope they've mastered it otherwise it could get very expensive!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Did someone mention loan and buying anew car in the same sentence?

It's not so much financial suicide as utterly mental.