ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
That pcp sounds about right really.

A 500 abarth with £2k down is around £199 over 48 months, add some options and your soon talking £220-240. And the models up the 595 etc can touch £280 a month.

GTD, Lupo
That pcp sounds about right really.

A 500 abarth with £2k down is around £199 over 48 months, add some options and your soon talking £220-240. And the models up the 595 etc can touch £280 a month.

I have been offered a Fiesta ST for £255 a month no deposit over 36 months.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I'm going to find out today mate, will be speaking to Pollokshaws Renault this afternoon as their apparently an apointed RS dealer!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
By the time Renault get their finger out & advertise what the PCP's on the 200 will be, everyone will have bought Fiesta ST's lol. Quite possibly the most inept launch of a new car ever?

The cr4p brochure, the dealers not knowing anything, the lack of proper reviews, all useless.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think the Fiesta with every option ticked is £280 per month with 2k down.

GTD, Lupo
ST is cheaper to start with is it not though? I assume thats with no options either so once you add a few the price will creep up?

Thats for the ST 2 with style pack and stereo upgrade. So all the options worth having. For the same money as the Clio i have been offered a base spec Focus ST but that is including a small forces discount..

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
By the time Renault get their finger out & advertise what the PCP's on the 200 will be, everyone will have bought Fiesta ST's lol. Quite possibly the most inept launch of a new car ever?

The cr4p brochure, the dealers not knowing anything, the lack of proper reviews, all useless.

100% Agree, they've really made a mess of it IMO, I'm possibly very interested but the way they've drip fed info and still no PCP deals is starting to grate alittle.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
ST is cheaper to start with is it not though? I assume thats with no options either so once you add a few the price will creep up?

Fully speccing a Fiesta ST-2 up involves adding paint (495), climate (275), and navigation (400)...that's it unless you want a centre rear headrest or a sparewheel.

Even if you paid full list price you're looking at full spec for circa £19k, which would get you into a base non-lux Clio 200T with no options at all.

This ^^^ along with Sir_Dave's points (it's been a total f***ing farce really) are the reason I've deserted RenaultSport. From Autocar's more thorough stand-alone review out today it seems I've made a good move.

The 200T is destined to flop.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

It just seems they have announced it etc a millions years before they are intending delivery. The hype has died already imo.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Fully speccing a Fiesta ST-2 up involves adding paint (495), climate (275), and navigation (400)...that's it unless you want a centre rear headrest or a sparewheel.

Even if you paid full list price you're looking at full spec for circa £19k, which would get you into a base non-lux Clio 200T with no options at all.

This ^^^ along with Sir_Dave's points (it's been a total f***ing farce really) are the reason I've deserted RenaultSport. From Autocar's more thorough stand-alone review out today it seems I've made a good move.

The 200T is destined to flop.

Fair enough. ST does look a cracking car, seen a few around already.

As already said, the launch of the 200T seems to be an utter fail so far.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I'm going to find out today mate, will be speaking to Pollokshaws Renault this afternoon as their apparently an apointed RS dealer!

​If you could post up the details mate once you find out that'd be much appreciated.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
This is with a military discount so totally void unless you are in the forces, but big discounts are to be had.

Can't complain at that FCD managed to strip £3000 off my ordered 200t so paying just over base price fully spec'd.
Sometimes it pays to have an id card ;)

GTD, Lupo
Can't complain at that FCD managed to strip £3000 off my ordered 200t so paying just over base price fully spec'd.
Sometimes it pays to have an id card ;)

Hah, im still waiting on the prices to be released on the 200T but most of the websites say "Coming Soon".

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I phoned them up before the order date and they got back to me that afternoon, so then waited until the available to order date. phoned the local dealers to see if they could match the price and they couldn't so FCD got the sale. They've ordered the car through Renault Maidstone which will then be delivered to my local dealers for drive away on 1st September.

Who REALLY NEEDS to change gear during full to half lock? Just get the gear right pre corner.

It can easily happen in low speeds, e.g. when you want to avoid some hole in the road and want to change from the 1st gear to 2nd. During my 50km test drive of this Clio RS, there have been at least 3 occasions where I couldn't reach the paddles. I would much prefer having them mounted on the wheel.

Titanium 182
PLEASE NOTE – flappy paddles turn with wheel, NOT fixed to column, which is how it should be on the standard car. But isn't.
That's because when you're racing, the steering should be set up so that you shouldn't have to turn more than 135 degrees either way from centre, which in turn means you don't have to take your hands off the wheel to change gear. In a road car you're often using 2-3 turns lock to lock, so having them on the steering wheel at that point would get confusing, as you wouldn't automatically know where the paddles are if you've taken your hands from the 9 & 3 positions.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I'm glad someone else has pointed that out (sorry if someone already has) but I was under the impression that's why the paddles were column mounted.

I've never used them so I've no idea how/if it would be confusing.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
People seem to be under the impression that renault have built a track car and moaning about paddles not being fitted to the wheel. As pointed out above it's not, it's for everyday use hence paddles on the column. If you're that bothered about changing down or up mid corner use the gear stick forwards down backwards up, its also a more viable option to all those track car enthusiasts its in the same place as a manual stick.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
That's because when you're racing, the steering should be set up so that you shouldn't have to turn more than 135 degrees either way from centre, which in turn means you don't have to take your hands off the wheel to change gear. In a road car you're often using 2-3 turns lock to lock, so having them on the steering wheel at that point would get confusing, as you wouldn't automatically know where the paddles are if you've taken your hands from the 9 & 3 positions.

234d1341238007-question-all-great_post.jpg

No more bickering of paddles now please.

I want to go to CSS to see Wests one now... :(

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
For reference, my R32's paddles are on the steering wheel and they are a total pain in the ar5e.

Although not as irritating as pushing the gearstick forwards to go up a gear, backwards to go down - WTF is that all about?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

I agree. ATM I much prefer the fiesta TBH.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
This is with a military discount so totally void unless you are in the forces, but big discounts are to be had.

Where did you get that quote?

I can get a Fiesta ST for £11,600, bargain!

C63 AMG

I bet you're amusing and interesting to sit next to during dinner parties.