ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

Not a 320d
Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

Just read that.

Look at the f**king state of it.

The Clio Renaultsport is dead.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

I think it will look good and still have the manual box!

I don't like turbos but the increase mpg and less tax is making them harder to ignore.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

I think it will look good and still have the manual box!

I don't like turbos but the increase mpg and less tax is making them harder to ignore.
Read the above link. At least it will have the manual option.

I see we're at the "It'll be s**t" stage

Soon to come..

"It's too expensive"
"I don't like the exhaust/wheels/bumper"
"I'm keeping mine!!"

Then as it goes on..

"It's quite fun to drive but I'm not ordering one"
"BillyBob at Renault is doing some good deals"
"Ordered a ClioSport400CupFFWithPacks Trophy. Can't wait"

Followed by..

"It's so much better than the 172/182/197/200. Renault FTW"

Followed up with;

The Cup is pointless. Same car without heated seats or DSG, and only £2k cheaper.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

LOLS. CS in a nutshell.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
And finally-
"my old car felt faster because it was a raw drivers car and my middle name is Ragnotti, but the new one is definitely better"

Saab 93 Aero Wagon

Im going to jump on the 'Don't like it' bandwagon because I think a 5 door hatch is less aesthetically pleasing than a 3....and thats just for starters.

Im all for the turbo lump as of course it needs to happen but will the rest of the car its pulling along be the same weight if not lighter than the outgoing model?
Will it feck....ergo less purity.

Im sure it'll handle fantastically despite being lardy....almost like a smaller Megane RS I suppose but I still think the proper, cheeky, fun and LIGHT Clio's died when the 182's did.
Of course the fat, old members will shout down us charvers and hail the onset of heated seats, paddle shift boxes and decent cup holders....;)

Italian 3.2 V6

Il await Paris when it's revealed properly to decide weather it's actually good or not. Way to early to tell yet IMO!

Some say the light purity died with the 182. Others say it died with the Williams. Others say the 205, and yet others would say something else another twenty years younger.

I'm sure that not so long ago, people would have been complaining about the 172 being lardy.

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

Some say the light purity died with the 182. Others say it died with the Williams. Others say the 205, and yet others would say something else another twenty years younger.

I'm sure that not so long ago, people would have been complaining about the 172 being lardy.

yes you are right in fact ^^

But for the lovers (as me) of the "GTi Spirit", the main thing is the ratio "Weight/Power"

And if the weight increase, the power must increase too in the same level to keep a good ratio!!

if it is not the case, a car lost the "GTi Spirit" and so an heavy car like the Clio 4RS with only 200hp (even with a turbo engine) lost that and are not a GTi Spirit's car but only a GT car... :-(

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

glad they have confirmed dual clutch is an option, means its deffinately set to be my next car assuming it drives well and looks pretty good, problem with renault as usual though is a year after launch the original will be de valued and unwanted after the cup and fancy versions come out! Good question though, with the development of this new box, would it be cost effectivee to offer one thwn revise it later on with an lsd or will it have one from day one or will it just not get one full stop??

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean

glad they have confirmed dual clutch is an option, means its deffinately set to be my next car assuming it drives well and looks pretty good, problem with renault as usual though is a year after launch the original will be de valued and unwanted after the cup and fancy versions come out! Good question though, with the development of this new box, would it be cost effectivee to offer one thwn revise it later on with an lsd or will it have one from day one or will it just not get one full stop??

And it will be coming straight from Renault I assume!

Glad it does have a manual option though. Even though if I was to purchase one (long way away) I would prob have flappy paddles. Because Racecar driver.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member

Just remember that with the ease of mapping turbo engines to get good gains, that the predicted power of 210bhp with something that weighs the same can be easily improved.

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

Just remember that with the ease of mapping turbo engines to get good gains, that the predicted power of 210bhp with something that weighs the same can be easily improved.

you are right too but the easy increase of the power by mod the pression in the turbo the Turbo is not a good thing in a middle or long period for the rest of the engine...

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5

Cannot see the flappy paddle gearbox working on track in such a cheap car.
Holding at high rpm's it will want to shift up just as you let off the gas.
Will wait & see, at least it will have 4 yr warranty & going by the last models thank god!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
02793635.jpg

When they built an R5 GT Turbo reboot I'll but another Renault. Until then I won't be spending more money with the cheese eating surrender monkeys.

SQ5
That image looks to be just a standard Clio not the RS, as the front bumper is different.

Nice looking car though.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Not bad. The rear door works well.

Still megane ish.

Swift Sport

It looks even bigger than the outgoing Clio and has five doors, so what's the point of the Megane?? Surely the whole point of a small hot hatch is it's targeted at people who don't need five doors.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

M3.

I think I like it. Definately not a fan of the idea of a DSG style box in a Clio though.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

It looks even bigger than the outgoing Clio and has five doors, so what's the point of the Megane?? Surely the whole point of a small hot hatch is it's targeted at people who don't need five doors.

Megane has 3 doors?

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6

Interior looks quite minimalistic...I'm not sure if I like it?!