ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 in next series of Top Gear

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Knock yourself out. Seen it a million times. Like how the FRS comes into it again. Standard.

In fact I was one of the first to post it on here lol.

Want a medal? There ain't one coming!

Yeah I am. Bored of retards mentioning my car every twenty minutes in a thread that has nothing to do with it, and masking their jealousy with a f**king gay wink.

GTD, Lupo
cs.net + top gear =

crying-baby.jpg

Quality :D

GTD, Lupo
Yeah I am. Bored of retards mentioning my car every twenty minutes in a thread that has nothing to do with it, and masking their jealousy with a f**king gay wink.

Give me a hand getting this hook out!

Relax, i only said it as it was only a matter of time before you said it.

Dont give if you cant take. Oh and jealous? really?

Im out! too many cry babies in here.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
There's no way that the 200 is slower than a 500 around a a sinlge lap of the GP circuit and its certainly not 5 seconds off the pace of the DS3R, unless May went up the hill in 3rd . I cant remember hearing the 'beep' once on the show but the change up was shown on the fiat. Right , off to find a 500 driver and see whats what.

im a 500 driver but mines running 170bhp so i will show you how to boost ;)

bloody clios.........

Was even worse than expected, especially after the positive camber bit.

The only opinion/comparison/advice out of the entire show was that the clio is heavy thus slow and the DS3R's steering has no feel. I know it's modern top gear but way to actually declare the DS3R the best hot hatch from a load of meaningless tests. No wonder the world is full of people who wrongly think car X is much better than car Y, virtually everyone watches top gear.

Clio 182ff
The cars aren't on there to be reviewed in those parts of the show - they're just props. In this case Clarkson got the shouty-looking, in your face Citroen, Hammond got the small and buzzy 500 and May got the 'boring' Clio - they just make the cars an extension of the presenters. In race situations Clarkson always wins, Hammond second and the joke is always May losing. It wouldn't make any difference what car he's in.

As has been said a million times, it's an entertainment show. Anyone who has the slightest interest in cars would know to take their staged antics with a pinch/small handful of salt.

please lock this thread with the above quote written in bold lol.

Clio 1970000000
Without having read all the previous posts, I just wanted to put my 2p worth.

Top Gear reached a new low :(. It doesn't matter whether you like the 500, DS3 or the Clio, what did you learn about them? Fcuk all. At the very least put the stig in all 3 cars. Captain Slow racing.......meh.

The end.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Just watched the episode, All I know is I'd love to drive the Monaco circuit... TBH it could be in a Citroen AX, Fiat Strada or Renault 25 and I'd be grinning! :D

You clowns still crying about Top Gear.

Yup. Apparently it's an NSRS entertainment program, yet they're all still super defensive and over compensating. Someone even posted a video of a Clio 200 schooling a Focus RS. They're not being defensive though. It's just entertainment. Like Top Gear :eek:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I watched it last night, god that 200 seriously needs to find some torque it's like a V-tec.

MCS R56
I reckon the Clio will have a turbo in the future. Current handling with boost would work nicely I think. At least it'd go up hills.

Listerine & Poledo
In the future everything will be boost.

And will either make no noise or sound like a routemaster (still cant tell the difference between an Evo and the 282 to Mount Vernon Hospital)

Clio RS 200
I reckon the new Clio will have about 210bhp plus, just to shut the Top Gear TV show up!

Dont know why they dont just go full out and stick the 250 megane lump in it!! :D

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Gotto hand it to the Citroen... 1.6t that produces almost 33% More torque and 30% less CO2. And it's quicker.

Personally, i'd like Renault the stretch out the 1.6 to a 1.7t (Renaults of old) and give the RS Clio 220+ Brake with similar ft lb numbers of torquey goodness.

But I have faith in the 200 I have to see off the more spirited of drivers.

172 Cup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3e_mYY7Yr8

One to start with - direct comparison... and a reality check.

Now this is a proper comparison, Chris Harris knows his stuff!

I know that Top Gear is an entertainment show and not a car review show and that's fine, and I'm sure that the three of them don't believe the rubbish that they say but the problem is most of the public do believe them, consequently I have had to put up with three separate people at work coming up to me this week saying 'I thought you were suppose to be into cars, Top Gear said Renault Sport Clio's are s**t, you gonna get rid of it' bla bla bla

Just watched this again and a couple of things struck me.

Not many people buy a hot hatch if they want the ultimate handling track weapon. Most hot hatch buyers want a nice comfy car with some poke to get them to work without falling asleep, and also a car offers them some fun at the weekend.

All Cliosport cares about is EVO lap times that someone else got in their car, because that's basically the only advantage their car has over the competition, despite the fact that they spend their life driving to work or getting beaten by VAG diesels on an A-road.

Personally I'd have the 200 out of those 3 cars, but it's not unreasonable that Top Gear panned the 200. Let's be frank, if you're a true track hero, you buy a track car, not an underpowered shopping car with a great chassis. I am willing to bet one million pounds right now, that most people who bleat on about the 200's track ability, have never even seen a track, let alone driven on one.

All IMO.

Just watched this again and a couple of things struck me.

Not many people buy a hot hatch if they want the ultimate handling track weapon. Most hot hatch buyers want a nice comfy car with some poke to get them to work without falling asleep, and also a car offers them some fun at the weekend.

All Cliosport cares about is EVO lap times that someone else got in their car, because that's basically the only advantage their car has over the competition, despite the fact that they spend their life driving to work or getting beaten by VAG diesels on an A-road.

Personally I'd have the 200 out of those 3 cars, but it's not unreasonable that Top Gear panned the 200. Let's be frank, if you're a true track hero, you buy a track car, not an underpowered shopping car with a great chassis. I am willing to bet one million pounds right now, that most people who bleat on about the 200's track ability, have never even seen a track, let alone driven on one.

All IMO.

Couldn't agree more!

Hence I have the cup and then a 'boosted' Audi which is comfy, quiet and quick!

Oh and quicker on road than a Clio! ;)

All good cars in different applications, if you read the PH preview of the DS3 R, the designers wanted a car with the ability of the 200 and the design of a MINI.

I wouldnt worry about it, people who buy RS' are usually well in to their cars, read mags, internet reviews etc and know that TG have only done this to wind people up due to all the great reviews.
I still am glad that it is not turbo'd as thats part of the charm. I agree that I think the next gen will be a 1.6 turbo kicking out 210-220 BHP, and I will probs buy that too but its important to make the most of the NA engines as, with EU laws going as they are, they wont be around for long.

P.S. The Focus RS is a totally different animal, people need to get over it and stop going back to those youtube vids lol

I don't see what the problem is with boost compared to N / A ??? Boost is good fun. I hope the new clio is 1.6 turbo ... goes back to the old days e.g. Renault 5 turbo... but with a modern and more reliable twist on it. The 200 is the best in its class at what it does ... going round a track. But, as an every day car, there are better options in my opinion.

Edit. I do know 5 turbo was 1.4 ... am just saying, turbo was used in the past, why not the future?

Last edited:
I don't see what the problem is with boost compared to N / A ??? Boost is good fun. I hope the new clio is 1.6 turbo ... goes back to the old days e.g. Renault 5 turbo... but with a modern and more reliable twist on it. The 200 is the best in its class at what it does ... going round a track. But, as an every day car, there are better options in my opinion.

Boost will be awesome when the Clio has it, not before. You know the rules.

Edit. I do know 5 turbo was 1.4 ... am just saying, turbo was used in the past, why not the future?

What is a better option?