ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1 year since i have been in a clio.... (beware totally OE DCi content)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Well its been just over 1 year since i took my ITB'd 172 off the road,
how it currently sits

IMG_1300.jpg

since then i owned a VW Passat as my daily, it slowly morphed from a stock car to a tweaked version of its former self, never loosing its comfort however, i truly loved that car, the stereo, the wheels etc etc.

DSC_0001_1.jpg

However with life circumstances changing i needed something more economical, i sold the passat and went straight out and got myself a clio DCi... i looked about a bit and then found this,

1.5 DCi 80 dynamique Billabong
totally stock.. nothing singing, nothing dancing...
its just had a service so it will be running sweet, i found it also had a cracked spring and the front pads and discs needed doing, bit of a pain but it got done, it will pay for itself pretty quick.

anyway pics....

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

and it even come with a tow bar, i sorted the wiring and removed this... (although i did wonder about towing the ITB 172 with it)
IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

so i am back in a clio, i haven't driven it yet as have been away on holiday, but my big commute starts again tomorrow, hopefully it should be a bit cheaper in this rather than the passat, however i do feel it will be a little less conformable or fun...

it will most probably get some tweaks in the near future but it needs some other bits and bobs first just to tidy it up....

god i can't wait to get my ITB 172 back.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
A year already? Thats flown.
Derv looks tidy, any plans?

it has indeed, hopefully it won't be too long now, but i won't be rushing it,
yeah a few plans i think, needs a few bits to tidy it as mentioned, then maybe some lowering and some wheels, it needs to be relatively low expenditure...

interesting choice mate, should do you well

really, how so?... lol

Billabongs are great, climate control and electric roof.

yerp, not use to that type of luxury. i may be removing the billabong badges on the rear quarters soon, not a fan of them personally

Evo 5 RS
I meant till you get your ph1 back - and they're pretty reliable and s**t hot on fuel - nothing more ;). I'm tanking around in a Rover Coupe atm....

f**k Yeah.

S4 Avant
I vaguely remember Kieran telling me about your life changes, s**t situation iirc.

Good luck with everything, and get the 172 sorted.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
I meant till you get your ph1 back - and they're pretty reliable and s**t hot on fuel - nothing more ;). I'm tanking around in a Rover Coupe atm....
f**k Yeah.

i haven't driven it yet properly but i am struggling to find it interesting...lol
i hope driving it changes my mind....

if not maybe some coilovers and a set of wheels will

I vaguely remember Kieran telling me about your life changes, s**t situation iirc.
Good luck with everything, and get the 172 sorted.

cheers for the kind words sir,
yeah was proper sh*t tbh, but onwards and upwards...

just need to keep pushing for the 911 company car now

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Now i didnt know that the billabong's had climate. Im deffo going to be looking for one of these now instead of a dynamique dci as i plan on swapping the interior anyway.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Nice colour! My first Clio was the same, but a 1.2 16v. Lovely spec just the seats are a pain to keep clean!

BMW M135i
All options, can be found on the dymanique if you spend a little time looking. Electric sunroof too I think?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
All options, can be found on the dymanique if you spend a little time looking. Electric sunroof too I think?

this indeed has an electric sunroof, weird as it has AC and climate control

Nice colour! My first Clio was the same, but a 1.2 16v. Lovely spec just the seats are a pain to keep clean!

they got a wash down on saturday so they are now nice and clean, they don't seem all that comfy though

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Considering it's 'just' a standard Dci I've been looking forward to this thread.

why's that mate?

Need coilovers. Hideously expensive wheels. Stickers. Something scene. Then Jo over the bonnet.
Done!

hideously expensive wheels won't happen (it's meant to be a money saving exercise, it may get turini's at best)
stickers - just no
jo - i may be able to pull some strings

how come the 172 is so long off the road?
clio looks nice though
could use coillovers

the 172 got taken off the road after last years road trip, just for a few more upgrades.... then i kind of got carried away as i had a daily....

hideously expensive wheels won't happen (it's meant to be a money saving exercise, it may get turini's at best)
stickers - just no
jo - i may be able to pull some strings

If you get Turinis you lose all the cool points you've amassed over the years.
What about a CS sticker?
Jo <3

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i have amassed cool points? now i definitely know you are lying, next you'll tell me the moon is made of cheese...
you are both correct though, turini's come in 16" which will defeat the object of cheapness, because of that it may be F1's

as for a cs sticker i have none....
i thought i had a tax disc holder but not even that....

340i
I had a look in the garage today, not sure how much they will help you... I have eight of them, around 25mm tall with m6 holes in them iirc.

I'll speak to you in the week sugar tits x

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
so after filling up last week i am still on my first tank.... currently hitting approx 68-70MPG, looks like i will be getting around 800miles to this tank...freaking awesome,

i need a few questions answering and thought i may aswell post them in here as people look here....

suspension wise - will anything from all the lower spec clios fit? ie 58mm spaceing?

wheel wise - does anyone know the centre bore / offset's etc.
also do we know if the dynamique alloys will fit over 172 brakes?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
suspension wise - will anything from all the lower spec clios fit? ie 58mm spaceing?
yep they use 58mm bolt spacing, so all non RS springs and dampers and coilovers fit. 172 lowering springs (ie eibachs) fit as does standard 172 springs giving a small but noticeable drop.

wheel wise - does anyone know the centre bore / offset's etc.
pass - not my field lol!

also do we know if the dynamique alloys will fit over 172 brakes?
yep they sure do :)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
may have some coilovers lined up then... good times
and thats good to know on the wheels, means i need some new wheels before my 172 gets painted, then the dynamiques can go on the 172 for paint and transportation....

just need to know the other details so i know what to shop for wheel wise