ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I’m back, it’s been 19 years!

Renault Clio 182
Hi all,

So after 19 years or so…. Ive come back to a Clio Sport. In 2005 i owned a flame red 172 EX51MFF… which has been mentioned on here years ago. I have had a long list of German cars and most recent was an RS3. Circumstances have changed however, and i found myself hunting around for a 182. I have always maintained that my 172 was the most fun i have had on 4 wheels, so my mind was made up. Last week i picked up a silver 182, which has a decent level of history from 4 Star Classics. It has a few little niggles (rough idle being one of them), but its a solid car underneath and looks to have been looked after. First on the list is a resonated section for the Miltek it has fitted…. Its just too loud for me 😂. Rear discs and bearings, and then ill look at the idle issue!

Attachments

• IMG_5095.jpeg
    IMG_5095.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5087.png
    IMG_5087.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 39
  Renault Clio 182
Nice mate,i alot of people come back to these dont they.

What plans have you for this one?.

Nice to see another clean silver 182.
Yeah seems that way. So main thing really is to get it running better. Its lumpy when warm which i know people say is just normal for them, but im sceptical about the age of the dephaser on it, and although its not making any noise, it wasn’t changed at the last cambelt service so im wondering if that has a tiny bit of play and is causing it. Its got to be at least 8 years old.

Car sits on 87k, and id like to keep it as original as possible as its not been messed with over its life, so would be a shame to modify it now. I wanted to get the underside protected with lanoguard which i have used before, but first a bit of a clean up and tidy up underneath. Then my plan is a suspension refresh later in the year. Thats about it for now!