ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Z4 - Perfect No More (Being fixed so it's all OK (Courtesy post#149))

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You can't even argue about engine size.

I remember a girl coming in with some old megane, like for like... Chrysler 3000C or something like that! Was massive! Damaged within the first day!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Glad it's all getting sorted. Hopefully it will be ready for your lakes trip!

TTRS & V50
A f**king diesel Audi A3.... F**KING DIESEL, F**KING A3?!?

Totally an accurate like for like....

Will be on the blower later, not happy.

It's the S-line, but it's the diesel, if it were the petrol I'd be fine, but diesel? REALLY?

Said 'hissy fit'.

I've just done a new insurance quote, I only insured the Z4 a week ago, it's gone up over £500

That's a 50% increase for having a car hit mine whilst parked.

Insurance companies are honestly the biggest cnuts on earth

Why do you think insurance is expensive ? Something for nothing culture. A £169 a DAY car, which yes, isn't quite like for like but it's still a bloody good car considering your paying not 1 penny and there seems to be NO hassle.

Hardly when I'm supposed to be going on holiday in the car... I don't exactly see myself enjoy the roads in the Lakes with 5,000 RPM to play with. I

I can't believe you genuinely think it's a something for nothing attitude though, if I'd smashed my car up, or been in an accident, fair enough... but the car was parked outside a mates house on quiet crescent, there's no way I should suffer because ginger pubes wants to drive like a tw*t.

Unfortunate occurrence, but complaining about not enjoying the roads in your hire car is LAME. Sorry the insurance didn't realise you had a lakes trip and you need a car that can rev over 5k to suit your needs.

What if ginger pubes drove off ? I have picked up hundreds of cars over the years and the amount of hassle people have had to go through for this exact type of incided. Some people have high excesses and they had nothing to do with the car being smashed up, but they had to pay their high excess and then go through hassle of claiming it back from the MIB.

It's seriously unfortunate, but you have got the best outcome you could possibly get pending the repairs are done to a high standard.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I do realise I've come off OK, but ginger pubes has still cost me £500 next year and will cost me more money every year for the next 5, so it's not like I've got off scott free!

I realise what you're saying on the courtesy car but you must see that it was a little tongue in cheek... I'm guessing insurance is high because they let themselves get bummed £189 per day for an Audi diesel? It's hardly my fault the useless cnuts can't shop around is it now?

Can you not see it from my point of view with what I've been supplied though? It's about as far off "like for like" as you can get.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I only took out insurance last week, it's with Admiral.

I have always been with sky previously, but they were £300 more (with less excess I admit) but £300 is a definite saving, where as excess is only a possibility.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
It sounds very harsh that your premium has gone up so much, the only way it would go up so much is if you've lost your NCD really. Did you get the re-quoted premium before your the other guys insurer admitted liability? PM me if you want mate, don't like talking insurance on the forum :eek:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Luke, I haven't lost my NCD.

I did the following:

Went back to the comparison site I used to insure the zed, edited my existing quote (so changed nothing) and put that I had a crash 51 weeks ago (so it would be exactly the same as if I did a new quote next year).

Last week I came out at £917 (which is what I paid), this time, with just a claimed added, it came out at £1437

Turbos.
Bad times Rob. I thought this was your original Z4 thread and you'd just scratched it or something!

Remember when my VX was reversed into; such a ball ache to find a decent bodyshop, having to take time out of work and of course the realisation that your premium will go up despite not even being in the frigging car! Annoying.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Luke, I haven't lost my NCD.

I did the following:

Went back to the comparison site I used to insure the zed, edited my existing quote (so changed nothing) and put that I had a crash 51 weeks ago (so it would be exactly the same as if I did a new quote next year).

Last week I came out at £917 (which is what I paid), this time, with just a claimed added, it came out at £1437

Comparison sites are s**t when it comes to a more complicated risk IME, don't take it as gospel mate. Best off to speak to your insurer directly.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed.

In my first year of driving I had 1 fault claim where I wrote both mine and the person I hit's cars off, followed by 2 months later having someone rear end me.

My premium went DOWN.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Lol, your insurer must give massive discounts for turning 18!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers for the insurance advice girls, I'll cross that bridge in 51 weeks I guess.

Bad times Rob. I thought this was your original Z4 thread and you'd just scratched it or something!

Remember when my VX was reversed into; such a ball ache to find a decent bodyshop, having to take time out of work and of course the realisation that your premium will go up despite not even being in the frigging car! Annoying.

I wish it was mate... I really wish it was.

I know I only had it for 7 days, but I properly love this car.. I'm not sure why, there's just something about it I really click with. The thought of it coming back not perfect does not sit well with me at all!

Fortunately, I have the photos of it looking mint from the day before, so I have an excellent proof of the condition it was!!! (Thank f**k for TEG on here).

AK

M240i
Agreed.

In my first year of driving I had 1 fault claim where I wrote both mine and the person I hit's cars off, followed by 2 months later having someone rear end me.

My premium went DOWN.

I did £3k worth of damage to my Mk3 at 18 and it went down too LOL.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Fortunately, I have the photos of it looking mint from the day before, so I have an excellent proof of the condition it was!!! (Thank f**k for TEG on here).

:eek:

Now.. Quit your whining and enjoy your chavvy taxi. When you get the wind back in your hair again you'll forget it ever happened.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
The estimate thing is fine mate just get it at a later date. :)

The insurance thing is kinda still right though. You are statstically more likely to be hit than someone who hasn't. That you can't deny. It's not fair but there you go.

If something happened to my car i'd be looking into compensation from the 3rd party for devaluing the car. It's something i've been researching recently but nothing concrete yet.

Nice A3!

I got a payment on top of my car being hit for devaluaton before years ago though unless things have changed. I just let a solicitor handle everything.

There was a chap on the lotus forums with a new Evora which got a bit of a tap in a car park. The insurance were going to write the car off because of a like for like hire car cost and the delay in getting a lotus bumper for something like 4 months.

Last edited:

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Rob- If you're with Admiral etc, why not go down the 10 month insurance jobby??

Cheaper (albeit two months less), get another ncb in 10 months too.

Thats what i do.

I now have you to blame for looking at these. I was set on a vx220 until you came along with this and I've just found out I will be doing a much larger commute to work from next September onward (good news for me!!) :D

There are a few gorgeous black 3.0's on PH's for £6250-6750. Is there actually anything better for 6-7k? Looks good, comfy, 30mpg+ on a run, 0-60 sub 6.

350z? VX? S2000 is too pricey on insurance. Boxster S is more expensive for a decent one, TVR will only see 24mpg and cost more to service. Am I missing something obvious?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Missing nothing amigo, they're brilliant all rounders. Before I picked this up, I'm not sure why I hadn't thought of them more?

I guess it was the 3.0, I thought I'd never get insured and it'd drink fuel like mad.

If I were you, I'd buy one off of the zed forum, there's some awesome cars on there. THE perfect black one just sold, red leather, AWESOME.

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
I've just done a new insurance quote, I only insured the Z4 a week ago, it's gone up over £500

That's a 50% increase for having a car hit mine whilst parked.

Insurance companies are honestly the biggest cnuts on earth

ouch

I was just shouting at my computer coz my renewal had gone up £15 due to a non blameworthy accident in the wifes car last week.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Slowly mate, SHOULD have the car by friday, supposed to go to the lakes on saturday, without it I'd be fuming and also, once my car is complete I have 24hr to return the courtesy, if I'm 400 miles away that's not ideal....

They sound like they really know what they're doing and aren't rushing it which is nice, just hope the job is as good as it sounds like it should be.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Fingers crossed mate.

Did I read that it's increased your premium?

I hope so mate or I'll be driving it for a week before I even have anything done if it's not perfect.

I'll take it to the lakes no matter what as long as it's ready, then iron out any creases when I return. It's too good'er car to not drive up there!

I did a re-quote putting the claim in (as if it was a year ago, and it's 50% more expensive!!!!!)

Hopefully come renewal admiral will sort me out with a deal as it's a no fault and not increase things at all, fingers crossed.

Hopefully you get it back in time for then.

Best to have it 100% perfect.

I hope I have it back mate, the thought of driving the audi up there is depressing, because one of the best things about this holiday is the driving for me, but my main concern is them wanting the courtesy car back within 24 hours and me having to drive 6 hours there and back to swap cars half way through the holiday!!!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
2043007-1143445_godzilla_facepalm_godzilla_facepalm_face_palm_epic_fail_demotivational_poster_1245384435_super.jpg