ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Z4 - Perfect No More (Being fixed so it's all OK (Courtesy post#149))

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Well, two weeks of enjoying it and one weekend cleaning so it was mint, then today I return to this:

ba5c0fd5.jpg

fa788575.jpg

Two cars collided next to it whilst outside a friends, neither are accepting liability so I need to speak to my insurance tomorrow.

This is the worst thing ever, supposed to be hooning around the lakes on the 24th.

Gutted does not cover it.

Clio 182
Re: Z4 - Perfect No More

s**t so sorry to see this :( Fingers crossed it all gets sorted asap mate.

VRS

gutted :( i came out my old car years ago when i had it parked out side a girfriends to find one side caved in and no sign of any other cars or witnesses :(

have you got the details of both cars who collided?

can your insurance not claim against them both? they will either be sharing the blame against each other or one of them is taking the blame for their collision?

surely you can claim against the offending party?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

FFS Rob - you must be absolutely ripping! :mad:

Is it just bodywork though? They didn't hit your wheel or anything to feck up the suspension/alignment?

D.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
FFFFFFFFSSSSSSS! So bad mate. That's a real real pisser! Best thing you can do is get it fixed.

Hope your insurance waves the excess and then wait on them finding who was it fault.

The real issue I would have would be if they went 50/50 who pays for your car. May e they woukd split it. Tbf only 1 car hit you.

Your insurance should sort it for you. Tricky situ. Who are you with?

Give me a text if you're getting pissed about and i'll see if I can help.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy

:(

Insurance sounds like it's going to be a PITA you could do without

FFS that's a shitter. Can't even imagine how pissed off you must be.

I expect you're going to have a long road of bullshit ahead of you if there are two insurance companies arguing over who's going to pay.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Sorry to see that.

Im guessing whoever is at fault in the main crash will be chased for your accident for causing the crash in the first place.~???

RS6 C7

FFS, as long as you have both details then you are fine, The insurance will either go one way or 50/50.

Real shame though as it was mint!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Just spoke to a witness.

Two cars colided, Clio and an Audi, I've been around to the Clio's house and they're a bit ....

Clio drivers mum has told me that there was a man walking a dog and he's a witness, everyone else I've spoke to has said there was no one about.

Basically, the clio came too fast from the front of my car, slammed the brakes and locked up, I'm 99% sure he hit mine then the Audi.

She's trying to make it so both parties share the blame for my car.

This is going to be a proper ballache I think.

At current I've only got the details of the Clio, address and phone number, he has the audi details but isn't answering me and I forgot to ask when I was there as I was just trying not to lose my cool.

I'm more than annoyed, supposed to be in the lakes in four weeks as said, cannot believe it.

What's the deal with my excess with this? Surely as I wasn't even in the car I have no part in it?

The cars colided behind mine so I'm about 99% sure it was just the clio that hit mine.

I'm sitting here utterly f**king fuming though.

On the bright side there's no damage to the wheel/anything structural from what I can see. Will be speaking to admiral tomorrow and seeing what they say.

Last edited:
  Mk2 Ph2 172
Least you have details to hit you....

Over Christmas I parked my R32 in the hospital car park while going to stay with my little boy... My misses went down to the car about an hour later to find someone had driven down the side of it and drove off !!!

CCTV didn't pick up the car doing it as the cameras don't face where I parked !!!

£1200 later thankyou very much

330Ci (Fail)Sport
FFS! That's a proper shitter mate, gutted for you.

In terms of insurance, my sister's car was hit by a lorry and Admiral paid out and didn't deduct any excess even before the lorry driver finally admitted liability. Hopefully they'll do the same for you.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Thats an ass, id say it was only the Clio that hit your car, as you said it come up the road towards the front of your car.

By the way the edge of the door skin is bent like that, deffo the Clio.

Hope it gets sorted.

53 Clio's & counting

Oh dude! :-( so sorry to hear that, at least its not structual, so you can still drive it, i hope it gets sorted x

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Make sure it's a new door, new wing, new sill guard when it is repaired.

And it'll need aligned just incase he caught the tyre. :)

Hopefully the insurance help you out mate. That's what they're there for.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d

LOL how can't they accept liability? "Yeah we crashed into your car. But we didn't". c***s! Feel for you mate.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

made me feel sick seeing that, i know its not my car any more but i still feel like it is something to special to me, car I've kept the longest.

gutted :(