ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A year of the Z4 - Review

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I ran with no plate for age with the MX-5. Got fed up of worrying so i put a sticky one on and got pulled 3 times for it. Got let off all 3 times though.

Vee dub
Love your write up's/pics Ali - even though I'd choose the v6 all day, great work, it's a good read.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Can we just have a summary?? Can't be arsed to read your guff Robertson if i'm honest.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
There is a summary you flange! Cheers Tom, i'm of the same view! V6 :approve:

Thought I might find this report across on CS as well as over on z4-forum lol

Said it across there - great report.

z4-forum's decent for technical advice and buying/selling stuff, and the banter's getting better!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
it's a young forum, kind of like this back in 2003/2004. But yeh, much greater mix of people globally.

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
I sit in traffic for most the time. Hence the s**t mpg.

I get around 23-24 going into Newcastle at rush hour everyday ... and i was daft enough to beleive it was good on petrol lol! (Mines not the Z4MC of course)

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Very good read.

Looks so much better with the CSL wheels and the small drop, one of the very few BMW's I like.

You also have PM ;)

None :(
I enjoyed that write up nice one! :)

I have a big soft spot for these cars! And it's really good to hear your view on the v6 compared to it! :D

My mate smooth'd his mx5 front end, got rid of all number plate mounting etc, and it was only the other week he got pulled for the first time, he got let off, and was told "i dont want to see you driving without a front plate again!" I still don't think he's bought any magnets or anything yet lol.

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
Someone else from CS who's moved to a Z4 - how many of us have done that now? :approve:

(and I haven't a clue who you are across on z4-forum lol)

I'm FrankieFish on the Z4 forum .. .dont ask why lol. I noticed Ali on z4 forum from his V6 pic on his profile lol.. whats your name on there? Ally?

Clio
Have to say i hate bmws but what you have done with that is very nice !

Think i hate the image more than the cars tbh

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Have to say i hate bmws but what you have done with that is very nice !

Think i hate the image more than the cars tbh

There is no escaping that unfortunately. But at the end of the day, there popular for a reason, they make exceptional cars. I would say 50+% of BM's on the road today are company cars, certainly all the 120i or 320d's are...

Clio
And drive what? - i'd be carless then! have you read any of the thread!? lol.

always keep the 1.2 dynamique on the drive as back up between cars ;)

granted its been my only car since setting the date on my wedding

I'm FrankieFish on the Z4 forum .. .dont ask why lol. I noticed Ali on z4 forum from his V6 pic on his profile lol.. whats your name on there? Ally?
Look out for the same avatar pic I use on here - the bike helmet lol (I'm a11y on there, someone already registered the username Ally)

It's a shame the image/stereotype attached to BMWs as they're good cars. So many utter twunts drive them.

Edit: yours got a grey soft top? Rare if so...

Looks good. I like the front. You take the risk. If you get caught you won't cry just be time to add a plate.

But you never f**king apologise on here for your grammar!

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
Look out for the same avatar pic I use on here - the bike helmet lol (I'm a11y on there, someone already registered the username Ally)

It's a shame the image/stereotype attached to BMWs as they're good cars. So many utter twunts drive them.

Edit: yours got a grey soft top? Rare if so...

Aye, its grey with a grey soft top, only ever seen black rag tops on grey ones ! just waiting for some decent weather to get it washed lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Looks good. I like the front. You take the risk. If you get caught you won't cry just be time to add a plate.

But you never f**king apologise on here for your grammar!

Because it's a well known fact that the jew can't spell or do grammar on here...passed the point of no return a LONG time ago.

ST
Good write up mate, fine car to work on too, bar the paint being tough as f**k!!

Need to get it and the Works' done again before summer!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Good write up mate, fine car to work on too, bar the paint being tough as f**k!!

Need to get it and the Works' done again before summer!!

I'll be down the road at some point, bring it down, should be able to get the bini done in 4 or 5 hours max. Can't see it needing more than a final finish.

ST
Aye, the roof needs a fair bit of work tho, being black...(i swore i'd never have black again after the 182) but can't avoid it!!

Doors are a fair size tho rear wings n bumpers aren't that big neither is the bonnet, boot lid is small too...wheel refurb or some BBS reps...HMM!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
YES!!!! EPIC! lovely!!! Perfection in std! Mini got it just right with the....18's would look great tho.

ST
Alan, off topic, but is your Mini CS the turbo or SC? Is one better than the other?

Super charged mate, its just before they changed over to turbo.

C0cker spaniel, you knowsit, they'll come wi some paschment tyres on them anyway so al run them till they're deed then fire some toyo's or falken's on.