ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[XBOX 360] Halo 4

Clio Mk2 Ph2
Don't want them to release it, should have ended at Halo 3.
And if its anything like ODST, I will hate it even more.

Mito Sportiva 135
I know the series gets mocked, but it's actually very solid. The MP is probably the most balanced of any FPS I've played online, even more so than BC2.

For me I would like to see a new enemy in Halo 4...maybe more Forerunner stuff. Also, DEFINITELY, no more Flood!

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Don't want them to release it, should have ended at Halo 3.
And if its anything like ODST, I will hate it even more.

ODST was absolutely terrible admittedly y, but Reach was absolutely awesome!
I was under the impression that Reach was the last Halo game being released, so will be interesting to see what they have in store!

So I'm still to play a Halo game.

Go me.

Missing out ;)

I know the series gets mocked, but it's actually very solid. The MP is probably the most balanced of any FPS I've played online, even more so than BC2.

For me I would like to see a new enemy in Halo 4...maybe more Forerunner stuff. Also, DEFINITELY, no more Flood!

Flood was the worst part of Halo 3!

Reach was bar far the best in the series though, thoroughly enjoyed playing through on Legendary as it was very challenging.

Trailer looks good, so very much looking forward to see what they have planned for Halo 4!

Ph 1 172
Had all 3 halos never completed one as I thought they were shite, this seems like a mega cash in in my eyes

Mito Sportiva 135
See I don't get why people don't like Halo, unless they don't like the sci-fi setting. The story arch is relatively good, mechanics and pace is brilliant, the MP is awesome too - SWAT being my favourite mode (essentially hardcore mode)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Ugh. Yet more boring, generic worlds to follow a dot-to-dot waypoint across.

Joy.

These games have zero character IMO.

Mito Sportiva 135
Sorry but you could say all FPS are "dot-to-dot" - otherwise it's a sandbox game.

I think the settings are pretty spectacular and varied too, miles more character than COD sp, where you barely know who is who and get to the end and still not really realised what the story is about.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Ugh. Yet more boring, generic worlds to follow a dot-to-dot waypoint across.

Joy.

These games have zero character IMO.

You don't have to buy it Christopher ;).

Sorry but you could say all FPS are "dot-to-dot" - otherwise it's a sandbox game.

I think the settings are pretty spectacular and varied too, miles more character than COD sp, where you barely know who is who and get to the end and still not really realised what the story is about.

Agreed!
Most FPS's are dot-to-dot etc, but Halo actually gives you an in detail understanding of the storyline, where as, as stated above, games like CoD just send you on a mad killing spree only to be aware of the objective once you have completed it!

Mito Sportiva 135
Yes, and the stories fit together too. In COD the story is not really related to the rest of the COD "universe", but Halo has a whole mythology and various interesting perspectives.

1.8 Civic EX
I've said it before and I'll say it again...Halo is just...well...you know what I'm gonna say lol

It's a strange one though as those that like it, really really like it and will defend it to the end and those that don't like it, generally hate it with a passion. There doesn't seem to be halfway house of people that just think it's "alright".

I'm defo a hate it with a passion person. I just don't get it, nothing to do with it being in a sci-fy setting, plenty of games out there are sci-fy/space/aliens etc and are great. Theres just something about Halo that makes it crap and I don't know what it is lol.

Maybe it's the way Microsoft almost push it on everyone and advertise it like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread...

Evo 5 RS
I literally could not give a single toss about this, I lost interest after #2, I actually bought ODST as it was dirt cheap only to find it was crap. So crap I got angry..

Halo 3 isn't a bad game, but it's more of the same. They've milked the franchise as much as they can (with Halo Wars being the bottom of the barrel)

Mito Sportiva 135
Halo Wars is actually pretty good for a RTS on a console though?

How you can say Halo milks it with only 4 "main" games in a decade is a joke though (exclusing Wars as it's a spin-off and ODST as it's a glorified expansion).

Rhino - agree with your message. Some of my mates just won't try Halo, won't give it a go even.

Last edited:
  Evo 5 RS
Name at least 2 things apart from graphics which have changed since the genre started. GO...

Good for an RTS on a console is an oxymoron tbh lol

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
I literally could not give a single toss about this, I lost interest after #2, I actually bought ODST as it was dirt cheap only to find it was crap. So crap I got angry..

Halo 3 isn't a bad game, but it's more of the same. They've milked the franchise as much as they can (with Halo Wars being the bottom of the barrel)

ODST was terrible, and should never have been released! I did exactly the same so I can understand your anguish there.

But in the same way that CoD is milking that franchise, Microsoft/Halo are doing the same, elongating the inevitable demise of the franchise for the sake of a few more $$.

I don't see anyone b**ching about the new CoD? ;)

Evo 5 RS
ODST was terrible, and should never have been released! I did exactly the same so I can understand your anguish there.

But in the same way that CoD is milking that franchise, Microsoft/Halo are doing the same, elongating for the sake of a few more $$.

I don't see anyone bitching about the new CoD? ;)

I couldn't give a rats about that either ;) Battlefield 3 please!

Mito Sportiva 135
Name at least 2 things apart from graphics which have changed since the genre started. GO...

Good for an RTS on a console is an oxymoron tbh lol

Agreed about RTS - with possible exception of Ruse!

No "real" innovations in SP except obvious evolutions to graphics, weapons, balancing, story etc. MP is where it's at though.

I am much more looking forward to BF3 though too!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
As much as I dislike Paul Daniels - I could really justify shooting hordes of Wizbits....

Wizbit.jpg

D.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I really enjoy the Halo series, as I do the universe and back story against which it is set. I just hope 343 Studios do a good job of Halo 4 seeing as Bungie are no longer holding the Halo baton...

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
I really enjoy the Halo series, as I do the universe and back story against which it is set. I just hope 343 Studios do a good job of Halo 4 seeing as Bungie are no longer holding the Halo baton...

That's the only downside to there being a new Halo.
As Bungie aren't doing it, I have no idea what to expect.

If it were Bungie, epic, as they seemed to do an awesome job with the rest of them! (Excluding ODST + Halo Wars).

Mito Sportiva 135
343 worked alongside Bungie for several months and I think even helped develop the latest map packs. Not to say they know how to make a good game but really all they have to do is take what Bungie have made and create a new story arc. Technically it should be solid, as it's just an updated engine.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Yes it is the start of a new trilogy. It is also the first game from 343industries.

Do the haters here know anything about 343 industries!? Well, firstly, the are lots of Bungie staff now working at 343, including Frankie, who is one of the leads on Halo. They also have corrie Ann Wu, she is one of the top individuals in the gaming world, she's also a physicist! Without her, gaming would be nowhere near what it is today.

343 really is shaping up to be one of the best dev studios ever, and I have all the confidence in them. Yes, Bungie did a poor job with ODST, but that was just like an expansion on Halo 3, like a side story spin off.

As we all know, Reach was truly epic.

Halo Wars was not made by Bungie.

Halo 4 and the rest of the new trilogy will be outstanding!

Oh and don't forget Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary!

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
Reach is the only one to better the first game.
Ive always liked the halo series even the spin off games. Prefer em to cod/battlefield.
The series has cost me a fortune in consoles, tvs, surround sound and games.
Ill deffo get the remake.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Reach is the only one to better the first game.
Ive always liked the halo series even the spin off games. Prefer em to cod/battlefield.
The series has cost me a fortune in consoles, tvs, surround sound and games.
Ill deffo get the remake.

I'd have to agree!
I loved Reach, and number 1.

The remake comes in a nice little cardboard sleeve as well! Bargain from Tesco at the moment for £27.70! :approve:

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Let's be honest, the only people that hate Halo are the people that play multiplayer, get a massive dump taken on them because it's not as pick up and play as CoD, and then call it sci-fi rubbish.

If there's anything that's ever going to make me plug my XBox back in it's this... I've Nearly got my 12month XBLA (xbox live anonymous) pin :rofl: