ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio Sport Tourer 1.5dCi 78kW - Track Book

Here goes a small testament to my history with Renault:

Basically I started getting the bug for Renault at the time the Williams and Benetton, Renault engine equipped with, competed in F1.

In 1992 my mother bought the first house past the Renault, a Renault Clio 1.1 RL Phase1 a motor, Super 5, with 4 speed. This car has died in my hands to have had an accident that left him without fix. Basically to divert me from a large animal, the rear of the car fled, tried to counter the spin, eventually literally tear a telephone pole, I fell on the ravine and giving a few rolls, stopping the car on its side on the right side of it and trashing a safety net that was in the middle of the ravine, and a few support beams of the same. Income, 6000€ arrangement, car commercial value of 500€, total loss.

When I started working for a company to assist the branch mechanical engineering and fluid, my car early work was a Renault Kangoo 1.9D. This van had a defect, and that would not start well at first start and it could pass the 50 km/h. Shifting up didn't help. Only the second and it worked properly.

After the Kangoo, as it was to end the lease, and I was given a ride in a Renault Clio 2 Phase 2 Commercial 1.5dCi. This car came into my hands with 0 km, out of my hands with 240000Kms in two years. I had three accidents with the same, with no fault of mine. It was the models that gave me more joy to drive. Also when it was needed more cargo space than the Clio that had endured at my disposal a Renault Master 2.8.

My current car and a Renault Clio III Sport Tourer 1.5dCi 78KW, "love at first sight" when I saw him on the stand looking at me, this alias as demonstrated in this topic.

02012009007oz6.jpg

02012009009rq7.jpg

Technical details:

Renault Clio Break:
- K9K Engine, 78kW (105hp);
- 6 speed box;
Installed Options:
- Parking sensors;
- Rain and light sensors;
- 16" Rims;
- Pressure sensors in the tyres;
- Automatic AC;
- Electric folding mirrors;
- Audio Connection Box;
- Electric windows in the 4 doors;
- Adaptive Headlights;
- Cruise control and speed limiter;
- Front Fog lights;
- Tinted Windows from the B-pillar to the back.

Upgrades already made: [/ b]

- Front Door Sill Kick Plate;
- Chrome Turn Indicator Lights;
- 3 Bulbs Interior lights;
- Exchange of all the Interior lighting from Lamps to LEDs;
- K&N Engine Air Filter;
- Electrochromatic Rear Mirror and Integrated Control Home Made;
- Support For Sunglasses;

More updates to come. Next I will put a selection of the best photos I have. Mind you that I'm not a professional photographer so the photos don't look as some of the ones I saw in this forum.

Last edited:
  Jap Box
Went past one of these on the dual carriageay the other week, only ever seen that one and thought it was odd to have a clio estate :S

Car looks nice anyway :)

I was expecting a 197 front end at least!

Expensive here, very expensive. Still I prefer a lot this front end. I'm not saying that the 197 front is ugly, but since this is the biggest engine power we have in Portugal (Portugal does not have to 1.6 16V petrol engine for Clio III available) I prefer to keep it stock.

Went past one of these on the dual carriageay the other week, only ever seen that one and thought it was odd to have a clio estate :S

Car looks nice anyway :)

In Portugal you have lot's of Estates running on the streets. Mainly Renault Megane II and III. I bought this one because I do not have the money necessary for a Renault Sport Version of the Clio III. Just as an comparison my car new in Portugal costs how much a Renault Espace costs new in the UK.

Well some updates:

Monday I had installed a new front windscreen via insurance and when the night had come someone had crashed into the back of my car. Result: New bumper, new rear lights, new boot door, new kit of parking sensors. etc. Next week will be fixed. Also someone tried to steal my car and broke the two plastic covers that are in the sides of the front windscreen, also will be fitted new next week.

Yo!
great cars from my contrymans :rasp:
I have to agreed wen some one say's that de 197 front end ill look stunting!!!

abraço!

After my last problem, I decided to sent all the wheels for Painting/Repair. They had returned and the result was this:

dscn3404.jpg

dscn3405.jpg

4 wheels repair and paint = 100€. I could had tried myself but time is something so expensive because I really do NOT HAVE ANY!!!

Now next step - 20000Kms Service.

Already bought:

5 Liter Elf Oil SXR 5W40;
1 Liter Top Up Kit Elf Oil SXR 5W40;
K&N Air Filter Service Kit.

In Route/To Buy:
Bosch Front and Rear Wipers;
Elf TRANSELF NFJ 75W-80 (Gear Box);
Brembo HC Front and Back Discs;
Brembo Pads;
And some more things.

Just one question: I'd like to change my Brake lines for some brailed ones. The problem is that I do not find a Reference in Goodridge or even in Hel for brake lines in the Clio 1.5 dCI. My question is: They are not the same as the 197 or the 200 because of the Front Brembo calipers, but my car is all around TRW calipers.

It isn't the same as the 172/182 ones?

Thank you in advance.

Any one have a reply to my question?

Just one question: I'd like to change my Brake lines for some brailed ones. The problem is that I do not find a Reference in Goodridge or even in Hel for brake lines in the Clio 1.5 dCI. My question is: They are not the same as the 197 or the 200 because of the Front Brembo calipers, but my car is all around TRW calipers.

It isn't the same as the 172/182 ones?

And by the way is the 60000Kms Service, my mistake.:rasp:

It was already time for an update on this:

I will install the Parrot CK4160 handsfree BT. I got one from eBay.co.uk but with one of the cables damaged. So with some time an the help of Dialogys I got to this:

dscn3451.jpg

dscn3452.jpg

dscn3454.jpg

Fixed the earth cable by inserting a new one in the old terminal, find a termination for the other end to insert in the screw in the chassis plus shrink wrap in the ends.

So now I just need to put it in place and connect everything.

About the car: 66k almost (km, not miles), nothing to declare. I still love my choice when I bought this model instead of the Hatchback version.

Let's do an Update.

Parrot CK4160 fully installed and working with the iPhone 4S:

dscn3472.jpg

dscn3471.jpg

Had to use the Laguna II Part No. for this specific part, to insert the microphone inside: Renault Part No.:8200291313

dscn3511.jpg

dscn3547.jpg

And now Fully working:

dscn3561.jpg

Next I've the Service to my engine with new Elf SXR 5W40 Engine Oil, All the filtering minus the Air one (Have a K&N installed) plus changed the Brake Oil and the brake lines. Installed the ones from HEL. Since the dCI engines are not covered in the HEL Brake Lines part No, only the RS are, I figured out after reading a lot of aftermarket and OEM part sellers that the Brake likes in the non RS CLIO III are equal to the Modus 1.6 VVT.

So, ordered the HEL part no.: REN-4-212 and was 100% compatible in fittings and length.

Next update will be 4x SportContact 2 tyres.