ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What age is too old for an RS Clio?

recaro'd arctic 182
Clio is a young mans/b**ches car. So I’m going to be kind…anyone over 35 with a Clio seriously needs to rethink there life.

This excludes people with mental issues, other vehicles on the driveway and if the Clio happens to be a V6…..MK2!

SUBWAY...DONE! xx

cheeky fecker. i'm 36 :nono:

Clio 172
Well I am 30 and have a 172 which is my first car

The way I see it is I have a stressful job, I work with guys with severe autism and get the s**t kicked out me everyday for wages that are hardly great so if I want somethin like an RS clio to have a little fun in then I deserve as does anyone. Its your money you use it and spend on whatever you want and if you like driving a RS, go for it.

Enjoy your life and the things that make you happy.

williams and trophy
Well said :) Had a few original Mini's they're great ! Last one was a 1970 MK3 Cooper S with over 100BHP Loved it :)

had many many minis over the years...from 1000s to 1430s and pretty much evrything in between, deseamed, webasto roofs, stripped on 10s, loaded on 13s....

id like a wood n picket, or something along those lines....id settle for an era...just....just not a huge fan of the lamm kit.

i will own another 1 day, i miss mine loads. :(

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Acording to the pic below then any age goes lol, my mates take the piss sayin this will be me when im 70! This man has
got to be over 70 and has this lol
bde6a070.jpg

its different when talking about the ''elderly'' as they are usually seen as a group who don't care what car they drive, whether it be a 1.0 corsa or in this case a 2.0 clio. What the OP is probably getting at, is the age (25 - 40) where people most likely do care about what they drive and how it may appear to others.

ITB BG 182
So, in asking this i hope im not offending people, but at 25 am i too old for a 172?!
Cheeky s**t! Im 28 this year and still have my 182 from when i was 23, i have no intension of upgrading it or swapping for some thing else.

Barge
I don't think you're ever too old. I see old dears driving RS'.

EDIT: LOL, Austin, is that at Shell in Belmont?

Renaultsport Clio 200
Clio is a young mans/b**ches car. So I’m going to be kind…anyone over 35 with a Clio seriously needs to rethink there life.

This excludes people with mental issues, other vehicles on the driveway and if the Clio happens to be a V6…..MK2!

SUBWAY...DONE! xx

PMSL :lolup: you wanna tell Michael Schumacher (who drives a Fiat 500 Abarth Essesse at 41) You're never too old to drive what you wanna drive, 40 here and loving every minute of my 200, and with the bonus that I'm paying a fraction on my insurance of what some pay (and thats fully comp with protected NCD).

Basically, it's your cash, use it to buy what YOU wanna drive.

rcz 200gt
Well ime forty ? Odd and love mine yee youngsters with yer loud music and big speakers you'lle be tellin me i cant wear my stretch jeans and slim fit henley t shirt next

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
my dad loves driving my clio and hes 51 so i dont think there is any age limit on them really, i think between the age of 30 and 35 is abit iffy but its still not as bad as when you see a 35 year old man driving his lexus lighted up mondeo

LindaA

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 200
I'm a 55 year old recycled teenager and on my fourth RS. I love driving, competing in Clubsport at our local motor club and also riding my Ducati Monster. Why is age a factor in having fun? I know plenty of 20 year olds who wouldn't know fun if it smacked them in the face and I also know people in their more mature years who really know how to live!
I think that if you have to consider whether you are too old for a fun car at any age, then you probably are.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I'm a 55 year old recycled teenager and on my fourth RS. I love driving, competing in Clubsport at our local motor club and also riding my Ducati Monster. Why is age a factor in having fun? I know plenty of 20 year olds who wouldn't know fun if it smacked them in the face and I also know people in their more mature years who really know how to live!
I think that if you have to consider whether you are too old for a fun car at any age, then you probably are.

:up::up::up:

Can't wait to watch you whizzing round Blyton park next week :wink::cool:

LindaA

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 200
Mmmmmm. I'm looking forward to it very much, but I would just add that I haven't actually done a track day before, and this is my only car, not a spare track day car!
I will be making sure that I can drive it to work on Monday morning!

Arctic Just A 182
I'm 38 and just bought my second 182. I just love them, just great fun and really nicely equipped.

Had a couple of zoons trying to goad me into racing but I just ignore them. Piss off, boy, I'm listening to Smashing Pumpkins in here.

Clio Sport 172
I just bought my first RS (172) at 25!

What else would you want to own anyway that doesn't also have an 'image' to some people?! BMW = doesn't come with indicators, Audi = most likely to cut you up, Volvo = grandad driving...... (don't shoot the messenger, I also have access to a Volvo and BMW).

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Have a word with my old dear would you? She's only has a couple of years on you and she's currently looking at the Yaris!