ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track phase 182

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Slippery slop lol

Cut off and the other 2 will be the heater and fan when I wire them up. Hate wiring lol

So updates over the weekend after a disappointing start: was supposed to receive a water pump I ordered and and a few other little parts to but they didn't come - there was a lot of anticipation of getting the car on the road Sunday night but unfortunately not hey ho.

This means I turned my attention to the odd jobs and interior:

The first thing I did was removed a few brackets in the rear that had been left behind from interior etc - I bought a new angle grinder from screwfix for a bargain of £25 and it's very good quality which I was surprised about.

also had some spare heatshielding in the garage so used that to cover brake lines and MC, which works quite well for a 2 minute job.
In addition the subframe is back in, in the first couple of posts I removed the captive bit of the front subframe bolts and now makes it so much easier to remove - swan neck spanner on top and impact gun for the bottom - easy

4754172be0ef2317133a5e69fb5f530c.jpg

981d8d0b473836cb04d2656d9c872337.jpg

Painted the cam cover again, not the best job but it'll do (which pretty much sums up this car haha)

ddd2b115c57b5f917869ea7dec331dc5.jpg

fitted the cup alternator set up but removed it in anticipation for painting the block... which I'm really putting off haha

Popped round to one of my mates Andy Reid, whos got a f4r'd meganne coupe rally car with 6 speed sequential box - really awesome car.

d36b576c0fee0b692e813c1dcfea30f4.jpg

Also picked up a bargain of non geniune 15" oz f1s - these are in quite good condition so going as a road set wrapped in rainsport tyres I reckon... (road and wet track days)?

ce97c8a44be11cd2d82dbbcef8cfa6d4.jpg

Biggest update so far is that the EPAS is all wired in and column fitted with ph2 squib

(can anyone confirm that the variable resistance for the epas will not work with the wheels off the ground? due to the motor needed some resistance in the first place)

or am I chatting s**t and I've broken something...

couldn't find anywhere to mount the ecu, so removed the 2nd horn earlier on in the day and thought the bracket would be perfect to mount it... and so it was.

e65c260ce2c4926fe04da6b71d25de9c.jpg

Screwed straight into the chassis
f28143601f69793c1eb715caf10b2615.jpg

So butchered so lower dash so I could keep a place to securely mount the dash
e546b4156df449688e2486b38d89b753.jpg

89c2ceebc83b8ed4f7778c30aa69aeda.jpg

atm it looks pretty untidy, but I will be ordering a sheet of 1.5mm alloy to use as the centre console bit from underneath the clock pod straight down to the floor to mount everything.

Currently I am using the pull cables to adjust the heater vents, although it will be fixed on windscreen only but the temp is variable and will remain variable by cable pull - until I get a lightweight heater.

I gutted the switch panel and remove the knob and electrics that control the power if the air and that will be mounted on the centre console.

Holiday blues :(

103eebde69ccefea51b7451916bf97c4.jpg

So a little update from the other day - Engine is in, was waiting on a water pump to arrive from another seller, but I can get geniune same day so ordered another one so I could get cracking.

37b64b88b5455be1326589c1a751cbee.jpg

water pump on, clutch on

b4001abb2f5d884a8abffdb571e26cac.jpg

Engine is in with a few things plugged in, but still got suspension to put in yet!

1e095ffe2813ca3625b23f65b2c10d39.jpg

Totally forgot I snapped my starter heatshield when I removed the engine, so I used the old clamp thing and some spare nimbus heatshielding to make another one, dremeled the nut so it is now captive and it fits like a glove - happy days

1fb2bac27d7b9da8e3e0ee0ae6d65eb3.jpg

One thing in question is I really don't know how tight I should make the 10mm nut to put tension on the belt...

30945f8cc8f15f9eaa836a98f423d4d9.jpg

it's near the top of the travel but really not sure if that's to tight or not...

Had a bit of a bad scooring noise when I braked on my dci... looks good to me

13afb3b0921654293c98d4d5935c8eff.jpg

172 Ph1
That is quite common on Renaults lol
Be sure to not forget the little bevelled washer that slips over the dowel for the swinging adjuster arm when fitting the new shoes.

That is quite common on Renaults lol
Be sure to not forget the little bevelled washer that slips over the dowel for the swinging adjuster arm when fitting the new shoes.

Haven't replaced anything yet, kinda just left it with no friction on the brake shoe at the moment... Whoopsie

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
I know mate, remember those mint rear seatbelts I bought from your rb? I came in the ph1 when it was standard haha
Ah yeah! memory like a goldfish. good job they were put to good use then?! :) gone full on with the dash removal but it should look good once completed - I like the flock, I have mine being done this week.

Ah yeah! memory like a goldfish. good job they were put to good use then?! :) gone full on with the dash removal but it should look good once completed - I like the flock, I have mine being done this week.
Yes bud was the last piece of the puzzle on the 182 before I sold it - yeahh definitely, if it looks s**t I will get a Ph2 top dash and cmc switch pod! ahhh saweet! love a bit of flocking!

when you next on track?

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
Probably not till the new year now as got a wedding and honeymoon next month to pay for - plus still needs a few bits doing before I can trust it on track :)

Probably not till the new year now as got a wedding and honeymoon next month to pay for - plus still needs a few bits doing before I can trust it on track :)
aye I think I remember you saying that was soonish!

yeah that's fair enough, hopefully mine will be getting a full roll cage in October plus roll centre correction hubs!

Your month will be more pricey though! have you sorted catering? I am a events co ordinator for a catering company ;)

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
I am wanting to get the roll center correction done in the near future also.
Afraid so its all sorted - at least that is what she tells me!

Help required boys.

So finished work at around 5 and very excited got to work on what i thought would be the day it gets back on the road… nope
So got the engine in and started first time, well after i pushed the big red button (inertia switch) which i totally forgot about.

Very happily and pretty pleased with myself that all the effort I've put in was eventually paying off i started to clear up my tools ready for one last job of bleeding the brakes.
Went to press the pedal and it was rock solid, put ignition on still rock solid, started engine still rock solid, undid a bleed nipple and still rock solid.

the only thing i can think of is that i damaged the brake servo whilst removing the master cylinder to install the cup abs delete system, as it was seized on the threads…

Someone please help me after my sob story :(((

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Caliper nipple blocked.

Remove the nipple and see if fluid comes out.

My bad.
Just re read you've already done this.

So a few updates, but not much progress unfortunately.

The problem is definitely the servo, so need to source one asap, spend the day trying to pin point what was happening and I believe the servo just isn't air tight.

Another problem I do have is that my wiper motor fuse is blowing everytime I turn them on?

but hey other than that the engine is running without problems I think...

I don't even have any pictures to add, how boring.

Looking forward to see the end :) by now looking great !
Thank you, I've just bought a 6 point safety devices roll cage and a drivers side scroth harness, canne wait - oh and a servo to get it on the road atleast, windscreen wipers or not haha

Have you trimmed down the wiring loom? The ph2 squib could also be your issue potentially.
I have but I was pretty careful this time! And used my old loom as reference to what stuff does.

yeah I did think that, but the washers still working using the same squib, so it's communicating with the car as it should, just blows the fuse every time.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I have but I was pretty careful this time! And used my old loom as reference to what stuff does.

yeah I did think that, but the washers still working using the same squib, so it's communicating with the car as it should, just blows the fuse every time.
Well it's either the loom, squib or the motor. Disconnect the plug at the wiper motor and see if it still blows the fuse.

Well it's either the loom, squib or the motor. Disconnect the plug at the wiper motor and see if it still blows the fuse.
Really hoping it's not the loom, but I just know it's going to be haha

Yep didn't get a chance to do that today as I've ran out of fuses, used the spare out of my dci and ph1 haha

cheers mate

So recent purchases - many many bargains wooo

New drivers seat, need to source side mounts and one subframe .

a32de536428d063bf38fd52f099d6abe.jpg

Really really comfortable and cooooool

Drivers side 6 point Scroth harness, gonna just go 4 point for passenger side.

e68e13680fce71c522c062181b45183e.jpg

Anyone recommend me some spreader plates and eyelets, guessing I can just put eyelets straight into the outer holes for the standard seatbelt mounting points then put spreader plates on the exhaust tunnel for the inner eyelets?

Also front and rear polycarb windows Inc door cards!

f620b77927679329c0560cf0f42ecc1c.jpg

Really happy with the recent purchases, in addition to ask for advice again, what's best silicone glue to use for the windows and how best to prep it?!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
So recent purchases - many many bargains wooo

New drivers seat, need to source side mounts and one subframe .

a32de536428d063bf38fd52f099d6abe.jpg

Really really comfortable and cooooool

Drivers side 6 point Scroth harness, gonna just go 4 point for passenger side.

e68e13680fce71c522c062181b45183e.jpg

Anyone recommend me some spreader plates and eyelets, guessing I can just put eyelets straight into the outer holes for the standard seatbelt mounting points then put spreader plates on the exhaust tunnel for the inner eyelets?

Also front and rear polycarb windows Inc door cards!

f620b77927679329c0560cf0f42ecc1c.jpg

Really happy with the recent purchases, in addition to ask for advice again, what's best silicone glue to use for the windows and how best to prep it?!
Look here for how to mount your harnesses: http://www.cliosport.net/threads/mounting-harnesses-correctly.768754/

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Looks good mate :)
I've got an omp frame and brand new side mounts to sell if your interested?

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Oh I've got drivers side frame :(

I've got side mounts tho I'll dig em out me garage. I'm sure there brand new.