ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track phase 182

861e822b539390dbd8350480bee40d95.jpg

779a4bd847922663e15d2287e1debef9.jpg

Well I think im all set for Saturday... maybe a swap of the headlights for blanks, but then load her up on the trailer friday night ready foe an earlyish start. Boom

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tomo3292

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 1.6 K4m
861e822b539390dbd8350480bee40d95.jpg

779a4bd847922663e15d2287e1debef9.jpg

Well I think im all set for Saturday... maybe a swap of the headlights for blanks, but then load her up on the trailer friday night ready foe an earlyish start. Boom

a

Looks bloody lovely mate

annnd this is where this project thread for the track phase 1 182 comes to an end.

Aye took a chap out at Castle Combe who seemed to fall in love with the clio, day later he phoned me up, and wanted to buy the clio...

He offered me money I said ok, and he's just put a deposit down for it...

Hey ho, it is a great car, and im sure i will miss it, but its not the end of the clio projects [emoji48]

For the money he offered me it was very easy... when it comes to modifying cars you expect to loose money especially when its a clio, but im happy i didnt loose much at all haha.

And a 172 cup next, with a twist.

Clio 172 & BMW 335D
For the money he offered me it was very easy... when it comes to modifying cars you expect to loose money especially when its a clio, but im happy i didnt loose much at all haha.

And a 172 cup next, with a twist.

Must have a turbo or Meg engine in then

just to put a feeler out, over the next few weeks I'll have a few things for sale:
-PMS shifter
-172 cup alternator set up
-Jenvey throttle bodies with angled spacers and custom aluminium plenum (proper pimp)
-Engine dynamics cam'd engine belts done 400 miles ago - making 217bhp 172lb ft with the bodies above.
-Quaife diff - 400 miles old

Yeah pretty tempted to keep it... but its not where I want the car I dont think

RS RIP
Yep all good, managed to sort the issue with the 2 x pressure reducers plus a AP bias valve.

Set up is perfect now, getting literally no input from the rear brakes at all - which is perfect. maybe could get away with 1 pressure reducer and dial it out on the bias. but that's just me playing.

The two Mondeo pressure reducers on mine work a little "too well" , it gets pretty scary at very high speeds when needing hard braking. It tends to brake a bit too hard on the rear wheels and make it very back-end happy ..
I was also thinking of mounting another (adjustable) biasvalve to go with the two permanent reducers.. Where did you put your AP Bias valve ? Would really like to mount it so that the bias can be adjusted inside the car .. The AP one reduces up to around 40% maximum i believe ?

The two Mondeo pressure reducers on mine work a little "too well" , it gets pretty scary at very high speeds when needing hard braking. It tends to brake a bit too hard on the rear wheels and make it very back-end happy ..
I was also thinking of mounting another (adjustable) biasvalve to go with the two permanent reducers.. Where did you put your AP Bias valve ? Would really like to mount it so that the bias can be adjusted inside the car .. The AP one reduces up to around 40% maximum i believe ?
If the pressure reducers are working too well then you wont recieve any braking effort from the rear at all!

Sounds like you havent reduced it enough!

RS RIP
..was just looking at the AP valves. Quite pricey ! Do you have the "twin bore" one ? (having two brake lines ?)

RS RIP
If the pressure reducers are working too well then you wont recieve any braking effort from the rear at all!

Sounds like you havent reduced it enough!

.. ohh my bad, but yes that's exactly what i meant. yeah they're not reducing enough, so i'm thinking about the extra adjustable one . Good idea ?

.. ohh my bad, but yes that's exactly what i meant. yeah they're not reducing enough, so i'm thinking about the extra adjustable one . Good idea ?
Yep you need a bias valve in there! A proper one.

And no Ive dropped my brake lines down to one line to the rear the t piece it back up to 2

RS RIP
Yep you need a bias valve in there! A proper one.

And no Ive dropped my brake lines down to one line to the rear the t piece it back up to 2

So you're running the AP one after the two reducers ? Or does the AP come first ? I'm guessing you have the two reducers way in the back near the brakes..?

So you're running the AP one after the two reducers ? Or does the AP come first ? I'm guessing you have the two reducers way in the back near the brakes..?
It doesnt matter where you run them really i ran 2 inline one joined to the other after the bias valve

RS RIP
It doesnt matter where you run them really i ran 2 inline one joined to the other after the bias valve

Thanks , will have a go at it ! Great project btw , that's dedication there

**whoops** just read that you're selling it hahha!

Thanks , will have a go at it ! Great project btw , that's dedication there

**whoops** just read that you're selling it hahha!
Lol - search megane powered 172 cup, and thats currently what ive just built, so yeah sold and another project nesrly finished.

Cheers bud

Mk2dillon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
just to put a feeler out, over the next few weeks I'll have a few things for sale:
-PMS shifter
-172 cup alternator set up
-Jenvey throttle bodies with angled spacers and custom aluminium plenum (proper pimp)
-Engine dynamics cam'd engine belts done 400 miles ago - making 217bhp 172lb ft with the bodies above.
-Quaife diff - 400 miles old
How much you want for the throttle bodies??