ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track phase 182

RB Clio 182
What's this part of the engine mate?

05f187012e2a33683eb644d5ef3c20e1.jpg

Ive got a 182 turbo that's suffered a large engine oil leak and when ive looked theres a lot of oil around that circular hole in the side of the engine thats near the throttle body and thermostat etc, and oil spray all over everything as well as the underside of the bonnet, can this leak? If so what's the cause?

Ive got a 182 turbo that's suffered a large engine oil leak and when ive looked theres a lot of oil around that circular hole in the rocker cover thats near the throttle body, and oil spray all over everything as well as the underside of the bonnet, can this leak? If so what's the cause?
You'll be looking for cam seals, if it's leaking from that area.

Ive got a 182 turbo that's suffered a large engine oil leak and when ive looked theres a lot of oil around that circular hole in the side of the engine thats near the throttle body and thermostat etc, and oil spray all over everything as well as the underside of the bonnet, can this leak? If so what's the cause?
7254d74d3a6e405624e5811fd0846c93.jpg

this is the smaller one, but haven't got the bigger one delivered yet - coming with my waster pump (big order, few things in stock and few out, hence the spread out delivery)

RB Clio 182
Yes, does yours not? they are a little bit awkward to put on straight :)

No mines just open like in you pic, I thought I hadn't noticed it like that before, if that cover has popped off would it leak out all oil? Or would there have to be a bigger problem?

Theres oil everywhere.

No mines just open like in you pic, I thought I hadn't noticed it like that before, if that cover has popped off would it leak out all oil? Or would there have to be a bigger problem?

Theres oil everywhere.
Yeah there would be oil everywhere, the cams would have just fanned it around and out that hole, I couldn't say if there isn't a bigger problem, apart from if your oil levels have got very low!

Well I've been an all mighty wanker haven't I - remember I asked what plug that was up there - well I've found out :(

1a6857e99a7cac912672ce77e0ba3758.jpg

why does everyone get it wrong the first time...

I even took my time, and made sure I didn't f**k up... haha [emoji36]

What's the solution now guys I'm guessing it's new loom?

172 Ph1
Well I've been an all mighty wanker haven't I - remember I asked what plug that was up there - well I've found out :(

1a6857e99a7cac912672ce77e0ba3758.jpg

why does everyone get it wrong the first time...

I even took my time, and made sure I didn't f**k up... haha [emoji36]

What's the solution now guys I'm guessing it's new loom?

Oh s**t - you haven't have you ?
Cut it out I mean ?

Haven't updated in a while so I thought I should put up a post...

So I've just started my new job, which is good meaning a safety devices 6 point cage should be in my possession early October, along with a harness for the drivers side and other bits!

This is the kinda stuff I'm around quite a lot...
062cab0aedbd0c35ac629bd6e49e01a8.jpg

Next trailer for the clio?

6d3a234955b9d66f87f5e8364ffb5352.jpg

Quite a lot of little jobs have been done recently:

One job was fitting the rear aerocatches, christ what a job that was, lot of cutting and panel beating, but they're done and it's not to messy

09609d99573f71f115437bbd23eefada.jpg

The next job was to install the Powerflex black arb and steering rack bushes on the subframe, took a bit of time trying to get the catches over the bush and arb but they went on with a large pair of molegrips

5cdeb8a8703c2b25c80c7516a54e666d.jpg

So as you guys know I accidently cut the hazard switch off, I mean I know people f**k up with the loom, but mine was bad haha hey ho, picking up a new loom tomorrow.

So yeah I'm gonna take my time on this one a bit more... anyone got any wiring diagrams for the ph1, I believe I cut the right wires in regards to the airbags, as when I plugged the dash back in no airbag warning light came on although the immobiliser light was just flashing quickly...

Also managed to sneak the coolant bottle in the dishwasher... heh

5f0f5f7f4a81aa965c7a037e50a3c747.jpg

Mates new 250 cup, really really like it power delivery is so smooth and linear

9b6b730a2419c3b10d5d6493add615da.jpg

So yeah hopefully my ph2 squib arrives tomorrow so I can fit my epas column, and get that wired

Girlfriend helped me fit my sunstrip, I definitely should of got her to do it, I did it so bad, so many bubbles and creases haha hey ho

8f54e55d72442610229d66b32bac7374.jpg

172 Ph1
Those Roll Bar Bushes are a right Royal pain in the backside to fit , good job you have everything on the floor.
Incidentally what's the reason you are using a Ph2 squib ?
Nice work on the rear catches -a thing I need to sort when I get my CMComposites rear screen.

Those Roll Bar Bushes are a right Royal pain in the backside to fit , good job you have everything on the floor.
Incidentally what's the reason you are using a Ph2 squib ?
Nice work on the rear catches -a thing I need to sort when I get my CMComposites rear screen.
yep can't Imagine doing that on my back haha!

because the ph1 squib doesn't fit on the epas column! Unfortunately :(

Cheers bud, I definitely should of gone horizontal - I though this way would save a bit more waterproofing, in the end i cut exactly how I would if it was horizontal annnd I had to do alot more work trying to make the panel flat which didn't work to well haha - hey ho FG tailgate and screen soon also!

snap

Ah ok didn't know that .
Is it to do with the diameter of the column or something else ?
I'm sure if any modifying could have been done , you'd have done it .

You know I didn't actually have a proper look about modifying it but unlikely - yep diameter, and on the ph1 it has little slots that the squib clips in to, which the spas column didn't, but yeah hopefully it fits!

172 Ph1
You know I didn't actually have a proper look about modifying it but unlikely - yep diameter, and on the ph1 it has little slots that the squib clips in to, which the spas column didn't, but yeah hopefully it fits!

I know of said slot your on about .
Once I get my column - I'll do som measuring and checking . If it won't fit , I'll have a damn good try lol

RB197
Is that a guy called Paul megane 3 RS? Think I'm following him on instagram and saw a few weeks back he was thinking about getting one

Is that a guy called Paul megane 3 RS? Think I'm following him on instagram and saw a few weeks back he was thinking about getting one
yeah pauls his name, he's a bit fat had a 197 in black beforehand with full aero kit etc yep got a surprisingly good part ex deal from ktec

RB197
aye it is nice tbf -makes me want something a little bit more 'refined' for a daily
Lol yeah that was the main reason I sold my clio. Didn't really want to run both (daily and the clio) plus I wanted something boosted so I decided to get the megane. I still miss my clio but I think that's just because I haven't been out on track all year lol

Lol yeah that was the main reason I sold my clio. Didn't really want to run both (daily and the clio) plus I wanted something boosted so I decided to get the megane. I still miss my clio but I think that's just because I haven't been out on track all year lol
yeahh for sure! Get another 172 for sure - I'm. hoping to get the ph1 how I want it then sort daily out!

RB197
yeahh for sure! Get another 172 for sure - I'm. hoping to get the ph1 how I want it then sort daily out!
I'll probably get a 182 tbh mate but then again it depends on how many miles ill be doing monthly. Currently the megane is only seeing 150-200 miles a month, but we plan to move around 35 miles from home/work. So I may get a desiel and something along the lines of an E92 M3. Or be silly and chuck a forged engine, cage stiffer suspension in the meg lol!

I'll probably get a 182 tbh mate but then again it depends on how many miles ill be doing monthly. Currently the megane is only seeing 150-200 miles a month, but we plan to move around 35 miles from home/work. So I may get a desiel and something along the lines of an E92 M3. Or be silly and chuck a forged engine, cage stiffer suspension in the meg lol!

That would be sick! some big bucks there!

Best of both worlds e92 335d ;)

and yep spend some money on the meg!

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
This Looks awesome, will follow this.

What have you filled the rack with? Grease or oil?

So a little bit has been done recently... getting back into working life is hard when all I've been doing recently is working on my ph1 haha

Got a another set of wheels for road and wet trackdays, gonna put a set of rainsports on them I think -unless anyone recommends better.. very good condition for the price I paid, not genuine but who cares ey

ffad280b43f6148f54c7b76a26a48bef.jpg

Got the cambelt kit and new dephaser on, just waiting for the water pump to arrive and put the sumo gasket on then the engine will be ready to be put back in

58198827bb81af4ac54766429a913b83.jpg

I can't remember if I posted it up there, but the looms are now swapped over, and hopefully have a working loom in there including hazard switch ha ha (although I have chopped out the alarm wiring, airbag ecu and loom, seats, interior light, aerial and loom, speaker and radio loom and a few other bits and bobs)

8680cf37ca19d430f686833667435565.jpg

Also put the top half of the dash in, there's still a lot of tidying to do with the loom to keep it out the way etc but it looks good, when payday comes i'll have a look at some material that goes from the top dash down the centre to the floor for switched and cut offs

4aa7845cca304a02bc677ff977f4c0f8.jpg

Forgot to mention new track rods and tie rods have been put on!

77e3f10d9df5b1f821520e088ed58de6.jpg

b2e4194b1857469bfde774715a33966f.jpg

Thanks for reading, hopefully it should be back on the road by Sunday:

- Fit cv boots
- Finish wiring in epas (just the 12v live and earth to go)
- Paint cam cover
- Fit dogbone to dci along with a new set of tie rods and track rod ends
- Replace oil filter and oil
- Fit water pump
- Seal breather plate as I think that's where the oil has been leaking from
- Fit sump gasket
- Fit clutch
- Fit cup alternator
blah blah blah engine in

Gonna lift chassis up and drop it over the engine as that saves the hassle of dropping the gearbox end and slotting the engine into the bay - although I need to align the column to the steering rack, so it might be easier to put subframe up first align and fix column to rack then drop engine in...

I dunno, thanks for reading

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
I hate mine off the road I just keep buying this to add on and then thinking I'll just do that aswell haha lol
Gunna try and get my engine back in Sunday.

I hate mine off the road I just keep buying this to add on and then thinking I'll just do that aswell haha lol
Gunna try and get my engine back in Sunday.
Looks like we'll be in the same situation then Sunday! annnd yep it's hard to resist, i'll hopefully be in the possession of a new cage annd roll centre correction hubs next month - can't wait.

what switches you got on your cmc pod? just heater and cut offs?!