ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The White ph1 172 track car. Epic content!

GSXR + KDX220
Haha! Kelly goes to me "Who was that!?" I said "What do you mean" (hadn't even noticed you waved) and then she said you waved lol!

I also think the last part of your comment is valid anywhere in the UK

Lol I didnt think you noticed you looked like you were "in the zone" or something haha :race:

Could be the inner tie rods - those have got some play on mine and apparently need changing every 70 or 80k
If you jack it up on one side and try to pull/push the wheel around does it have movement with your hands at 3 and 9 - if so I'd bet the inner tie rods are shot

Trafic 140dci
Could be the inner tie rods - those have got some play on mine and apparently need changing every 70 or 80k
If you jack it up on one side and try to pull/push the wheel around does it have movement with your hands at 3 and 9 - if so I'd bet the inner tie rods are shot
It did, but since doing the track rod ends the wheel is solid, will have a go though! No harm in double checking.

Lewis, does it get worse the longer you drive it?
Yes/no it's very varied, sometimes it barely does it, others it's really bad, at the moment it's barely noticeable, so I'm thinking it was a combination of everything i've changed going, but there is obviously still there something causing problems.

Were you the guys that parked up at the viewing spot car park? I'm sure it was you that said hello.

20.jpg

Yes that was me!

GSXR + KDX220
Have you checked the wishbone bushes/bolts to see if they are tight? And also the steering rack mountings ? Theyre pretty fiddly to get to though!

Trafic 140dci
Have you checked the wishbone bushes/bolts to see if they are tight? And also the steering rack mountings ? Theyre pretty fiddly to get to though!

Wishbone bolts are tight, will check the steering rack at the weekend, checked the wheel 3-9 and it's dead tight, maybe moves 1mm...

Trafic 140dci
On another note, i've prepped my F1's for paint, Bright Red or Satin Black?? Opinions please...

Would like Satin Black as my car looks mean on the 2118 in that colour, but think Red would be cool...

Trafic 140dci
Do them white. It will look awesome.

ps. satin black is the colour of my F1's if you want to be like me :p
I'm sure i saw a picture of this car on white 2118's, looked too white.

Actually tbh it's the colour of my 2118 track wheels, so really you want to be like me ;) That's why i know it will look sick, just also fancy Red.

ITB 428 Ph1
Although JDM EP3's have a white body and white wheels ? Might work on a Clio, my money's on black still, the white corsa VXR looks good white with black rims

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
The 2118's looked amazing. :dapprove:

Proper Cup Racer.

I told you the RB is in good hands ;)

I wish I kept them but needed the coilovers, something had to go...... Toying with anthracite 2118s now

Love the Nurburgring pics Lewis, it's right at home there :)

Trafic 140dci
Ok so i've now refurbed the F1's satin black, to be honest this finished isn't good, isn't bad either, but nothing worth bragging about. I started sanding them down, and got bored, i'm very impatient and have a very short attention span. So i gave them a good wipe down and started painting away...

Also the pictures aren't brilliant, hard to take a picture of Satin Black alloys, on a bright White car...

P1010548.jpg

P1010550.jpg

P1010551.jpg

P1010553.jpg

TBH they don't need to be perfect because the long term plan is for track tyres to eventually go onto some bright red TD Pro Race 1.2's or OZ Ultraleggeras and use the 2118's for road work.

While the wheels were off i nut and bolt checked EVERYTHING, only things i could notice was one of the front spacers was slightly loose and the cambelt cover bit/bit that bolts to top engine mount had one bolt loose. But it seems to of cured it... I can only imagine it was a combination of them 2 things being loose, track rod ends & ball joints gone.

Gave the interior a good clean and wipe down ready for FCS just need to do the outside next Saturday :)

Clio 172
The white wheels looked good but to clean them after a track day would be a total barsteward. I have had my second set of OZ's powder coated grey with a glod fleck to it and even laquered they are still a nightmare to get the brake dust off.

Trafic 140dci
Well its reluctantly up for sale to
a) Free up some cash and buy a house
b) I want a car with most of the interior so i can comfortably go to the ring 3/4 times next year and do less UK track days
c) I've just secured a megane 225 engine converted to fit a clio off Andyrg ;)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...est-on-market-right-now&p=8762296#post8762296

I've asked alot for my car, but i think it's well worth it, i'm not selling it as a fast road car, because it isn't, it just needs a battery cut off and it's race ready! Baring that in mind i think it's cheap compared to what others have gone for...

Megane r26
Just seen this in the classifieds, can't believe it. Must say i'm in a similar position, selling my 197 once i'm back from the ring in august to put torwards a house an going to get myself another 172

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Well its reluctantly up for sale to
a) Free up some cash and buy a house
b) I want a car with most of the interior so i can comfortably go to the ring 3/4 times next year and do less UK track days
c) I've just secured a megane 225 engine converted to fit a clio off Andyrg ;)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...est-on-market-right-now&p=8762296#post8762296

I've asked alot for my car, but i think it's well worth it, i'm not selling it as a fast road car, because it isn't, it just needs a battery cut off and it's race ready! Baring that in mind i think it's cheap compared to what others have gone for...

Was it a engine he just had for sale or did he modify it for you,also is it a complete unit turbo ect.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Bomber has an extremely tidy black phase 1 with special private plate, that needs an engine, could be worth investigating???
shame to hear its up for sell, but kind of understandable, although i think you need to man up lol

Trafic 140dci
Was it a engine he just had for sale or did he modify it for you,also is it a complete unit turbo ect.

It's one he modified, everything is brand new :) need to get a turbo, looking at RS Tunings hybrid turbo, should see around 300 bhp :)

Put the engine in that shell. Pretty much the ultimate spec lol...

I will do if it doesn't sell, although with 300bhp on tap i think it could handle the weight of a few luxuries :)

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
You seamed to be going well mate on sunday at FCS - I was watching you out the back of the circuit.

Trafic 140dci
You seamed to be going well mate on sunday at FCS - I was watching you out the back of the circuit.
Thanks, would of been going better if I could of got past that 306, it had me up te straits but couldn't corner to save his life. He was one of these idiots that don't understand the rules of having someone faster behind you....

The hankook v12's were shocking on track, going round corners was like driving on ice! Tbh could be that I was to used to A048's!

Evo 5 RS
I've not been too impressed with these Hankooks mate tbh, and that's before going anywhere near a track. Partly my geo though, but not entirely

Thanks, would of been going better if I could of got past that 306, it had me up te straits but couldn't corner to save his life. He was one of these idiots that don't understand the rules of having someone faster behind you....

The hankook v12's were shocking on track, going round corners was like driving on ice! Tbh could be that I was to used to A048's!

After driving round on my federals then going to the paradas the parads feel s**t. SO it could be that.
Your cars not not that loud either compared to the other stuff going round.

Trafic 140dci
I've not been too impressed with these Hankooks mate tbh, and that's before going anywhere near a track. Partly my geo though, but not entirely
At least it isn't just me, my geo isn't great, but having it spot on wouldn't have helped. The heat that was coming off them after being on track was incredible.

After driving round on my federals then going to the paradas the parads feel s**t. SO it could be that.
Your cars not not that loud either compared to the other stuff going round.

Parada's are sh*t, even the highly slated t1r's are better than them IMO. According to there db reader i'm 95db at 4500rpm :) which i was pretty happy with!