ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The White ph1 172 track car. Epic content!

Never mind, playing it safe now and getting James Recaro Pole Posision :) Should be here in just over a week, can't wait! :D Just hope it can fit the seat rails...

Also my seat is for sale if anyone extremely thin/anorexic is interested ;)
As you say without the seat rails you might of been able to get the bigger Taurus in but i'd bet my seat on the fact it wouldn't fit with the rails/mounts where they are currently :) It's the support from the roof bar to to the B pillar hoop thats the issue with the wings on the seats :)

Glad we got sorted in the end and it'll be worth the wait I promise ;) I need to work out how to package the thing now lol!

Trafic 140dci
As you say without the seat rails you might of been able to get the bigger Taurus in but i'd bet my seat on the fact it wouldn't fit with the rails/mounts where they are currently :) It's the support from the roof bar to to the B pillar hoop thats the issue with the wings on the seats :)

Glad we got sorted in the end and it'll be worth the wait I promise ;) I need to work out how to package the thing now lol!
My Sabelt seat arrived with only 2x bin bags over it and wrapped in some parcel tape, not the best, but it survived! lol.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
random bump! See with the front bumper aero catched on, Is that all that holds the bumper on or do you stick the 2 torque skrews in the top aswell?

Trafic 140dci
random bump! See with the front bumper aero catched on, Is that all that holds the bumper on or do you stick the 2 torque skrews in the top aswell?
It's all that's holding the bumper on for me! You could put the front 2 in and the ones that join it to sub frame if you wanted, but it doesn't really need it. :)

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Cool! Just wondering as ill be doing this with my spare bumper for trackdays etc, and didnt know if it was enough to hold it right on. But sounds ideal! Cheers

Trafic 140dci
Little bit of an update... Nururgring preparation! Went to Rhys Beal's today to make swiss cheese of mine and his car :cool: worked on his untill 1 then swapped over to mine, only done about 10 ish holes in the back of my car as Rhys was doing it and getting around my cage to work in the car was a real chore! LOL! While he was doing that i cut more webbing out of my bonnet so i had a bit more clearance on my air filter, i also cut all of the inside of the boot out, and half of the inside of the drivers door, by this time it was 3 and we still hadn't done the most important job... Brake fluid change, so we stopped there with the cutting and got on with doing the brake fluid. We started with the rear passenger side as it was furthest away, but as soon as we went to undo the bleed nipple it sheered :( So we then thought whats the point in doing the other 3 corners as the nipple's could sheer off on them, but also thought it would be a good idea to try them so we knew if they were ok. Luckily the other 3 undone fine and we were able to change the brake fluid to all the other calipers, was surprised at the amount of air that was in the system. While the rear wheels were off i cut down my over long wheel studs i had fitted :)

So after all that work i saved a massive 2.2kg :( LOL!

Still to do before Nurburgring:

- Fit Recaro Pole Position.
- Buy and fit H&R front 25mm lightweight spacers.
- Buy and fit front stud and nut kit.
- Buy some 15" rims and fit my spare Parada spec 2 tyres, as we discovered today, my front camber is killing my front A048's, where as the rears are still like new.
- Cut out inner skin of passenger door.
- Drill, re-tap and fit new bleed nipple.

ph1 172
Great working on both cars today Lewis, thanks for your help much appreciated:approve:

So gutted about that bloody nipple:dapprove: Hopefully it doesn't put up too much of a fight to drill and tap out although that was never going to come undone unfortunately:(

Just out of interest did your brakes feel any better after being bled?

Trafic 140dci
Great working on both cars today Lewis, thanks for your help much appreciated:approve:

So gutted about that bloody nipple:dapprove: Hopefully it doesn't put up too much of a fight to drill and tap out although that was never going to come undone unfortunately:(

Just out of interest did your brakes feel any better after being bled?
Thanks mate, and likewise was appreciated :)

Little bit of an update! Just had a spend a bought:

- 4x OZ f1's with Hankook V12's (for road use now, save my A048's, what do people think of those tyres?)
- Brand new bleed nipple.
- 4' x 5' elastic cargo net, Sah gave me the idea for this at the weekend, will be ideal for holding everything in place on the way to the ring.

But i have also arranged for the following works this weekend:
- Laser wheel alignment this weekend.
- i'm going to have my A048's swapped round on the front as the camber has killed one edge, these will now be my rears.
- Recaro Seat fitted.
- Bleed nipple, drilled re-tapped and new one fitted.
- Will also cut the skin out of my passenger door then the cutting is done.
- And if my mate has a spot weld drill bit, remove the final few brackets in my car.

If anyone knows what a recommended good track day Camber, Caster & Toe settings as, i'm a bit thick in that area...

Really need my Sabelt seat to sell, and my spare tyres to free up some funds :( Gone a bit mad with spending tbh.

Trafic 140dci
Have fun fitting the net mate:) Its like a spiders web!
Lol! I can imagine, meant to put on there that i'm stealing the brilliant idea from you :)

I run 1.5degrees so not to kill tyres on the road and 20minutes of toe out i think. Rhys runs the same but 2degrees camber.
Thanks mate, isn't -1.5 standard? Was also speaking to Rich, he originally had it at -2.0 degree's as a good compromise between the both, so may go for that, at the moment it's at maximum and it's too much imo.

Also saw Rhys say about 20 minutes of toe out before when he had his Sach's, Rich said he had the car set at 3mm toe out, so don't know how that compares?

Car will feel brilliant once all set up! Mine was well out in driving 3,000miles as i had fiddled with everything/fitted spacers/lowered it another 25mm since last being done, im leaving it how it is now!

Trafic 140dci
Car will feel brilliant once all set up! Mine was well out in driving 3,000miles as i had fiddled with everything/fitted spacers/lowered it another 25mm since last being done, im leaving it how it is now!

Nice one, i'm hoping to just get everything setup right this weekend and leave it lol, once it's right i don't want to touch it :)

Evo 5 RS
V12s are supposed to be pretty good for the money dude. I'm picking up James Stone's set tomorrow on his F1s for the same reason, although I am planning on using them on track next month lol.

Trafic 140dci
V12s are supposed to be pretty good for the money dude. I'm picking up James Stone's set tomorrow on his F1s for the same reason, although I am planning on using them on track next month lol.
Just been reading up on them, supposed to be a very good all rounder, so perfect road tyre for me, and can be used when it's wet :) I almost thought you were going to be buying mine off Wick ;) lol.

Trafic 140dci
Wheels came today, so spared no time in swapping them over :) Although it did enlighten me to a problem on my passenger side. It would appear either my wheel bearing has gone, or track rod ends :( major wheel wobble 12-6 & 3-9 gutted is an under statement, spent so much money recently just getting ready for the Ring in 2 weeks :( Then again i'd rather it happened now than once i'm there, also would explain the major uneven wear on that tyre...

Anyway this is how the car sits now (Road spec) F1's will eventually go satin black, with white stickers, need to sort a set of centre caps too, have OZ ones and they look sh*te if you ask me, plus one is missing.

download-10.jpg

Looks good on the silver Lewis! Glad the wheels are ok :)

The centre caps are a bit rubbish lol... Set of Renault ones will really tidy them up though.

Trafic 140dci
Looks good on the silver Lewis! Glad the wheels are ok :)
The centre caps are a bit rubbish lol... Set of Renault ones will really tidy them up though.
thanks mate, I think I'll get the Renault centre caps and refurb them
Satin black :)

Any news on sorting the wobble?
Got it over to my mates workshop tonight, within about 10 minutes hub was off and bearing was out... Went to put new one in and it was too small! Lol anyway he's ordering me one so will do it tomorrow night. But was definatly the bearing.

We also wanted to try the other hub but the driveshaft was so tight it broke a Record vise and a Snap on breaker bar so we have up on that idea.

Should hopefully be back tomorrow night with a Recaro fitted, wheels aligned, wheel bearing changed, rear bleed nipple replaced and ready for the Ring :)

Trafic 140dci
Impact wrench Was needed on mine but made light work of it.

That was the first thing he tried, couldn't touch it :(

Is it pole position your fitting mate? If so, excellent choice sir!! I have 2 in my track car and the journey to the 'ring is sublime!! Got to be one of the most comfortable bucket seats I've ever sat in.
It is indeed, wish I'd got one in the first place so comfortable!

Trafic 140dci
Time for an update with some pictures :)

New seat vs Old seat... The Sabelt looks so cool, but was just to small for me :(

download1-7.jpg

Recaro Fitted:

download9-2.jpg

Boot net fitted:

download8-2.jpg

Also while the 2118's were off gave them a good clean with some Iron X and put a little bit of tyre shine on the tyres, because i could :)

download10-1.jpg

download11-2.jpg

So with Nurburgring kicking off next Friday i have the following to do over the weekend:

- Fit air deflectors to the brake ducts.
- Replace the jubilee clips on my radiator hoses as one of them is leaking.
- Give the car a good clean.
- Balance throttle bodies.
- Check all fluids, tyre pressures.

Then it's top up the fuel and lock away untill Friday :D