ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The White ph1 172 track car. Epic content!

Evo 5 RS
lol Rhys.

Lewis, exactly! Only need a few scrap bits to practice with. F*ck learning on your own car let alone a track car lol.

Ay Neil? ;) x

Audi A5
Just wondering what spacers and stud conversion kit are you using,where did you get it from and how much was it? If you don't mind me asking.

Trafic 140dci
Just wondering what spacers and stud conversion kit are you using,where did you get it from and how much was it? If you don't mind me asking.
Larkspeed, I'm using 15mm rear h&r alloy spacers (extremely light) and 25mm delta mic front spacers although will soon be changing the fronts to h&r 25mm spacers :)

Audi A5
Is that larkspeed that make the stud conversion Yh? And Do you think their 'stronger' than bolt to hub tyre of spacers?

Trafic 140dci
As far i know you cant get 15mm bolt to hub spacers.

Ive used 15mm rear spacers and studs on track with no problems, as has Lewis.
Yeah your right. Yes Larkspeed sell all the studs and nuts separately so you can get them to what ever length you want, they are like 99p each!

Seat Fitting!

Well i last night the seat got fitted and rails welded. Turned up at my mates farm last night at about 8 to get the job done.

Here is the seat in my garden last night.

photo23-1.jpg

download4-4.jpg

First thing we done was cut the rails to length, here is the first one all mocked up. We done it so the rail was as low as possible, yet the strengthening plate was kept whole. This was due to the size of the seat, it is huge! Very tall, and most importantly the top is very wide so we had to take all this into account.

download2-4.jpg

download3-4.jpg

By the time this was welded in it was around 9 ish last night and we just wanted to get done! But we cracked on under a lead light, all went really well, captive nuts all lined up perfectly. Put the seat on the second mount up from the bottom of the side mounts and it is perfect height for me (6 foot tall!) But when we bolted the side mounts to the rails, one of the captive nuts had a knackered thread! Absolutly gutted, so we cut the nut out and changed it for a temporary bodge. Not very happy with the quality, will be getting onto JJC for another captive nut. Other than that all went really well, he appologised that some of the welding isn't perfect, but i think we can all appreciate getting under and around the rails in some places is bloody awkward! I'm very happy with the welding, the easy to get to parts are welded perfectly, just the awkward bits have a few big blobs lol.

Here is the finished item:

download1-4.jpg

download-7.jpg

Honest opinion on the seat, i love it, very comfortable, lots of support, but the only problem, being a 34 waist, fairly big build (fat really!) :p a medium is too small, i can manage tho, and gives me incentive for a diet! Haha!

Mini Cooper S
Was gonna say Lewis, looks like its been built for someone with anorexia! Bet you won't be able to get out of the seat on your trip to the Ring haha.

Looks good mate they are a great seat :) Look forward to seeing the car again soon hopefully!

Did you drill the sill's and pass the rails into the sill's? I didn't ever realise that they were supposed to be fitted like this but then I was corrected on this forum.

Trafic 140dci
Looks good mate they are a great seat :) Look forward to seeing the car again soon hopefully!

Did you drill the sill's and pass the rails into the sill's? I didn't ever realise that they were supposed to be fitted like this but then I was corrected on this forum.
Thanks mate, it is, but mines going to have to go :( It's far too small for me. Oh right me either lol we did cut the rails dead tight, can't see the need if there is a strengthening plate tbh.

Also do you still have your Pole Position? :eek:

Thanks mate, it is, but mines going to have to go :( It's far too small for me. Oh right me either lol we did cut the rails dead tight, can't see the need if there is a strengthening plate tbh.

Also do you still have your Pole Position? :eek:
I'm sure it will be fine and I didn't have a clue they were supposed to be cut into the sill's either! I'm sure they'll be fine!

That's a shame mate :(, I have still got the pole position and also selling a Taurus (its either an L or XL) but i'm 99% certain it won't fit in your car from looking at the pictures as the bigger Taurus seats use a much bigger shell. We had to design the cage in mine from the start to fit around the shell and it's still not ideal. Let me know if you need the recaro as I still need the rack :)

SQ5
It had XL in originally, I said today that it seemed shorter as the wings were a lot lower down, but an XL will fit!

Trafic 140dci
Your rails are only an inch off the floor though, they'll fit ;)

Get some dimensions and check
Never mind, playing it safe now and getting James Recaro Pole Posision :) Should be here in just over a week, can't wait! :D Just hope it can fit the seat rails...

Also my seat is for sale if anyone extremely thin/anorexic is interested ;)

SQ5
Well as soon as you wanna sell I want them, I'd love some 197 Recaro's too.

I'm thinking about it, just don't trust the car!