ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tax Renewal on a Mk4 Clio

Renault Clio MK4
Hi everyone,

I received my tax
renewal for my 2013 Clio Dynamique MediaNav TCe 90 S/S Eco yesterday and it
states the following:

For 6 months - £0
For 12 months -
£20

I was told when ordering the car back in August last year that
the tax would be £0 every year. I also had a check on Renault's website this
morning on what they say the tax is and it still states it's £0 a
year. My CO2 emissions is 104 g/km.

Who else has had this problem?

Also, I might as well just
pay £0 for 6 months each time it comes up for a renewal. This doesn't make sense
whats-so-ever!

HELP!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance,
Leigh

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Call the number on your reminder and ask them what is going on... don't fear the telephone, they can't get you!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Our old focus was £30 a year tax or £0 for 6months on the renewal form.

When end you tried to tax it they would only let you tax it for a year. 6 months was not an option which is why it stated it at £0.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I couldn't tax my old dci for 6 months, it was £30 or sorn.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
it says 6 months is £0 because you cant tax it for 6 months, my DCI is the same its £20 for 12 months.

LOL at going raj because your tax is £20, I genuinely ENJOY paying my £20 a year as it makes me happy knowing that's all it costs haha!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
lol.. I just gone mine through on my 1.6... £180. Think yourself lucky!

It's not really luck, is it ?

The costs are not hidden when you buy a particular car.

Both of mine are something like £230.

Guess I had some back luck not getting one of the diesel 90's Imprezas.

Cookie monster RB182
I would rather be paying £20 then £180! And are you sure they didnt mean for the first year it would be free?

An orange one
I wish I could tax either of mine for £20 a year, or even £20 for 6 months..

Both of mine are £20ish per month!

Renault Clio MK4
I'm not scared to pick up the phone and I'm not complaining at £20 a year, I'm quite happy to pay it. It's the fact I was told by the salesman that I wouldn't have to pay yet now I'm being charged :/

Taxing cars based on co2 is just one big con!

They just do whatever they like and your tax just goes up and up every year.

What used to wind me up is when I had my 1.4 Clio I was paying around £150 a year tax and doing less than 2000miles a year.

My next door neighbour had a new 5 series diesel and his tax was £0. His car spends all of its life pounding up and down the country doing god knows how many miles a year. Which car produces the most emissions and most wear on the roads? The BMW yet his tax is £0.

The whole thing is just typical of this country. All these modern cars paying £0 now will be paying a fair amount in only a few years.

It isn't to pay for the roads FYI.

I never said it did. I was just talking about co2.

A certain percentage goes back into the roads to build new roads, tunnels etc. Some of the money is spent on public transport and the railways and the rest of the money just goes to the government and is spent on other things.

I don't know the ins and outs of VED but that's my understanding of it.

If that's wrong feel free to correct me :)

My point I was trying to get across is people buy new cars thinking great I've got free road tax now but in a few years time they will just deem that car to be producing too much co2 and the car buyer now has to pay road tax.

The OP is paying £20 a year now but I'd be interested to see how much it goes up in a few years time.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The Clio dci's have been around since 2001 and have remained at £30 for the last 13 years.

That kind of pisses on your argument tbh.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
The Clio dci's have been around since 2001 and have remained at £30 for the last 13 years.

That kind of pisses on your argument tbh.

No body wants to hear reason Daniel. We want outrage.

I mean, it's not as if you can find out how much a car costs to tax before you buy it. It's a complete lottery waiting for that reminder. Is it free, is it £500, only time will tell.

It's also completely insignificant in the total cost of running any car.

But again, no one wants to hear that.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Anything under 100grams of co2 is free, yours is 104 so won't be.

getting my st taxed for free in Germany ftw.