ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SUPER 1600 REPLICA based on 172, CLIO WILLIAMS Tribute, CLIO WILLIAMS IV (Australia)

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Re: SUPER 1600 REPLICA based on 172, CLIO WILLIAMS Tribute, CLIO WILLIAMS IV (Austra

He means where the body kit meets the body, there's a step like on the vees

about 2 inches above the rear lights? That's what I was trying to show in the photo i posted

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Re: SUPER 1600 REPLICA based on 172, CLIO WILLIAMS Tribute, CLIO WILLIAMS IV (Austra

Ah, sorry, from the pic you posted it looked like you were on about where the wing met the bumper.

​my bad

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR

ahh, no, i looked into the arches when they went on as i thought they were smoothed, was only after i'd checked 4-5 different kits that i realised that they were all stepped.

Hadn't noticed the bumper

Some little front progress..
eby8u7an.jpg
avy4evub.jpg
tasydyga.jpg
a3ugu3e5.jpg

E92 325D

The colour of that wrap is gorgeous!

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1

It's looking great

182cup & 172 racecar

The last pic is good, shows all the angles.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27

Looks awesome dude but the wheels just don't do it for me.
Set of clio v6 wheels in gold would look better I think.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na

Is it just me, but wouldn't the side strips on doors look better if they were removed and smoothed out

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na

The original Super 1600 Speedline Turini 7x17 but in gold are on their way from UK...
8ydanu7e.jpg

Now we are talking.......:)

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member

This project is stunning and the reate of progress is just astonishing considering you seem to be doing it in your spare time.
Hard to believe little over a month ago it was a standard flame red 172.

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member

Can't wait to see this when its done! Doubt that will be long at your current rate!?

Well that's one hell of a transformation, looking good and only going to get better with the turinis!

I know out not wanting to mod it (so to speak) but are you/would you keep the RS grill?

Good question... I'm undecided, because is true that is the S1600 Replica but is also a 2liters Williams IV (imaginary model) and the F2000 rally car still have the RS grill..
Probably i'll keep it just because i'm working with the bumper and i'll cover the hole for radiator with the original RS lower grill which has the same squared style... Mhhhh... :?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

Good question... I'm undecided, because is true that is the S1600 Replica but is also a 2liters Williams IV (imaginary model) and the F2000 rally car still have the RS grill..
Probably i'll keep it just because i'm working with the bumper and i'll cover the hole for radiator with the original RS lower grill which has the same squared style... Mhhhh... :?

​That sounds good :approve:

182cup & 172 racecar

Morning.

Sorry, afternoon.

Clio 172

Loving the last photo of the whole car, can really see how its turning out.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27

Turning into one of my favourite build threads at the moment.
Keep up the good work!