ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SUPER 1600 REPLICA based on 172, CLIO WILLIAMS Tribute, CLIO WILLIAMS IV (Australia)

Re: SUPER 1600 REPLICA based on 172, CLIO WILLIAMS Tribute, CLIO WILLIAMS IV (Austra

Aww :( you've come this far and it looks brill, so you may as well go all out and fit it IMO haha!

3 reasons...

-The car will be inspect from an engineer to be fully road legal and at my first consultation when they seen the kit told me straight away the roof must to be untouched...

-When Renault Sport built the first car they didn't put it

-i previously had the roof scope on a road car and was headache when rains.. Even if you do a good seal job and put sticky tape to close the intake will keep dripping water on your legs..

Re: SUPER 1600 REPLICA based on 172, CLIO WILLIAMS Tribute, CLIO WILLIAMS IV (Austra

3 reasons...

-The car will be inspect from an engineer to be fully road legal and at my first consultation when they seen the kit told me straight away the roof must to be untouched...

-When Renault Sport built the first car they didn't put it

-i previously had the roof scope on a road car and was headache when rains.. Even if you do a good seal job and put sticky tape to close the intake will keep dripping water on your legs..

Ah fair enough then mate, might sound silly but it could just be a case of sticking it on the roof and not actually cutting a hole in it to get around point 1 and 3. Eg- looks over purpose ;)

good luck with the rest of the build anyway, you've made flying progress in the past month! :)

Looks good with the Renaultsport logo behind it. You're a brave man cutting into your bonnet, but then again you know what you're doing!

very nice, coming along nicely that. I was going to ask about rain getting in to the engine, but suppose you dont know what that is being from over there lol ;)

thanks guys!
in here we have a lot of rain but only for a day o two.. than very dry so i dont worry much about water going into the engine... or maybe I'll make a simple cover from the bottom of the bonnet to put on when rains..

Phase1 172

You got Skills to pay the bills !! Awesome job so far mate ..

egatepej.jpg
my7ydy7a.jpg

This looks amazing. Seriously excellent job on the wrapping, conversion, the whole thing.
​I imagine a lot of people are at least a little bit jealous!

Cup In bits

You love a sticker, those shocks are certainly not R-sport parts.

Bow are you going to widen the track at the front? Have you got ideas?

I need to fool the engineer :) shhh... ;)
For the front i'm waiting for the left Laguna v6 hub and driveshafts. +3.5cm per side plus 1 of my black 30mm spacers. I fed up to chasing people in here to go wider.. If i was in italy i would have my people to build driveshafts and other cnc parts.. But is alright for the monent

172 Cup CC

Love it! not everyones cup of tea but it looks smart and your workmanship is spot on!! You going to colour code the bullets to match the wheels?
Top Job

Clio 1.2

Surely all those spacers cant be safe!

Clio 1.2

Ahhh right ok!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0

Riccardo, more pics of the whole car as it stands now please!! Lots of close up selective shots but not enough full shots :D

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na

What's the situation with the exhaust at the minute?

I'll take some good photos next week when the rear widening is finished.
The car at the moment is been lifted up from the back and it's on stands... Looks like a pig waiting to be slaughtered.. :)
I removed the exhaust muffler i'll cut the double sunday.. :)
vyga9u2u.jpg

172cup

This is absolutely nuts! Hats off to you, Will be following this closely!

I love the attitude to this.

'Something is in the way... better grind it off!' :D

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Looking minty mint, and it's not really been that long either! I have to hand it to you, at first I thought 'Great, some punk's going to put a S1600 kit on a car that'll never be rallied and it'll look terrible', but to give you your due it's turned out really well. Love the Williams IV and colour coded bullets, finishing touches that make it nicely.

You planning on getting more out of the engine or leaving it?

Can't believe not seen this before. Looks pretty amazing so far!

Looking minty mint, and it's not really been that long either! I have to hand it to you, at first I thought 'Great, some punk's going to put a S1600 kit on a car that'll never be rallied and it'll look terrible', but to give you your due it's turned out really well. Love the Williams IV and colour coded bullets, finishing touches that make it nicely.

You planning on getting more out of the engine or leaving it?

thanks buddy very appreciated and is a nice support too.. I'm a bit sick since thursday and you guys make me feel better...
As soon I come back to normal power next week I'll totally finish the car and I'll post a full footage with a nice camera..

I don't have cash left over at the moment but I will change the cams, air filter and the ECU...

Clio 1.2

thanks buddy very appreciated and is a nice support too.. I'm a bit sick since thursday and you guys make me feel better...
As soon I come back to normal power next week I'll totally finish the car and I'll post a full footage with a nice camera..

I don't have cash left over at the moment but I will change the cams, air filter and the ECU...

Why not go for the RS2 Inlet manifold? :)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

How do you folks go about building rally cars though? Or are you not allowed to drive them between stages?

phase 2 172

This thing is fabulous! Well done!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

Ingenious^