ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

-Danman-‘s Inferno 182

After owning it for a couple of months, I thought it was about time I put up a project thread.

Before the 182 I owned a little 1.6 and enjoyed every second of it. This is how it started out, a completely standard Clio –

IMG_0413-1_zps2a9cc477.jpg

And this is what it looked liked when I had finished –

IMAG1575_zps29210467.png

For those of you who are interested, here is my old project thread: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?613699-Danman-s-Mk2-1-6

On to the Inferno...

Now, as some of you know, I was a very lucky chap and on my 21[SUP]st[/SUP] birthday I opened the garage to find this – A 182 cup with factory fitted Recaro’s! :3

KGrHqJrgFDq-J6rrJBRH8If51sw60_12_zps8290b472.jpg

It is a real credit to the previous owner as it has been well looked after and has been treated to a lot of modifications which include:

Speedline Turinis
Trophy spoiler
Custom twin back box exhaust
Decat
Simota carbon fibre air filter
Flip up dvd-headunit
RS bench seat (leather/alcantara)
Lots and lots of carbon fibre bits

I know a lot of work has gone into this car but there are still a few things I want to change/add to make it my own.

The first thing I changed was the plates. I couldn’t stand the fancy text and Renault logo so swapped them for a nice plain set.
Before –

KGrHqJHJE0FEUv3R8DqBRH8Jpmw60_12_zps1f5d240e.jpg

After –

IMAG1783_zps869b3c23.png

I then decided to get a few stickers made up at N2Grafix which I thought were a nice touch :)

IMAG1777_zps447d5e39.png

IMAG1781_zpsbc0ff6b3.png

The next thing I did was put on a set of 16mm spacers on the front to bring out the wheels a bit.

Before –

IMAG1819_zps61b20ac6.png

After –

IMAG1821_zpsc9ade453.png

A few weeks later I was driving home and noticed that my battery and STOP warning lights had appeared on my dashboard! This turned out to be the alternator so my car was off the road for a week due to my local garage being fully booked.

IMAG1817_zpsaade3c07.png

(Ignore the pikey bamboo cane mod - the bonnet was missing the rest when I got it)

The battery was properly dead and wouldn’t take a charge because the alternator had been overcharging it. After replacing the battery and spending some cash at the garage the Clio was back on the road :D

That’s about all I can be bothered to write at the moment, it took a little longer than expected lol.

I’ll keep updating this until I get to where the car stands now and then I’ll post in here when anything else changes :)

Feedback welcome
Cheers, Dan

Last edited:
  LY 200
Looks in really good shape! Need to get me some Anthracite Turinis for my AB182 when funds allow! Can't wait to see the final piece.

I swear I saw this on ebay not so long ago, was checking it out, thought it was pretty nice! bet you loved that as a 21st present! I would've been screaming like a child.
If I owned this.. I couldn't think of anything I could want to do to it! Pretty much perf! Even the engine bay looks better than the actual car haha!
ill have to see this soon, you only live up the road from me. im on the A60 road leading to Mansfield and Notts.

Thanks guys :) there's still a few more things I need to post yet so I'm up to date.

I swear I saw this on ebay not so long ago, was checking it out, thought it was pretty nice! bet you loved that as a 21st present! I would've been screaming like a child.
If I owned this.. I couldn't think of anything I could want to do to it! Pretty much perf! Even the engine bay looks better than the actual car haha!
ill have to see this soon, you only live up the road from me. im on the A60 road leading to Mansfield and Notts.

You probably did mate, it was down in London though! Haha yeah I couldn't believe it :p

I've got a few ideas that I want to do but yeah I love the engine bay!

You'll have to come to some of the EM meets then, there's quite a few local people suddenly springing up lol.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I remember reading about that and your mum giving you a ClioSport keyring or something..

Second best mum ever!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
nice birthday present that!!!

isn't this the one that was a Cat C write off on here a few years back and the guy ended up spending a fortune on it?

I remember reading about that and your mum giving you a ClioSport keyring or something..

Second best mum ever!

Haha yeah, then my dad strolls in with the car key :p

This is stunning. I miss your 1.6 but I'm defo having a nose over this at CSS!

Thanks mate, I miss it too! Was hoping the new owner would stay on here but I guess not :(

Minus the tints and this is properly nice!

Look forward to seeing what you do with it :)

Cheers! Yeah as Tom said, I've already removed the tints :)

nice birthday present that!!!

isn't this the one that was a Cat C write off on here a few years back and the guy ended up spending a fortune on it?

I hope not lol! The guy before me was very genuine and the car has full service history. I know he had a bit of engine trouble but there are loads of receipts showing he used proper Renault parts.

I think Paul is right about Dave88's car.

I think you're thinking of Dave88's shed.

Looks wicked dan. Look forward to seeing it in a couple weeks matey.

Thanks mate, hopefully get some good photos with yours at some point. It's going to get detailed on the 16th so it'll be nice and shiny for CSS :)

182 Cup
Looking good mate, did you need longer bolts with those spacers? Are they hubcentric ones? Need to space my wheels out a bit I think! Also need to update my project thread, I've done loads last couple months!

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
That looks immaculate! Makes me wish I bought one with everything done for me haha.

Passat
What were they thinking with those plates?!

Looks miles better now. Lets have some interior pics. It sounds just like mine inside.

Looking good mate, did you need longer bolts with those spacers? Are they hubcentric ones? Need to space my wheels out a bit I think! Also need to update my project thread, I've done loads last couple months!

Yeah the spacers are hubcentric and are 16mm. The bolts are 40mm extended ones. Yeah update your project thread! I like being nosy at other inferno's ;)

very nice Dan!

Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Thanks mate, did you say you were coming to CSS? I can't remember.

That looks immaculate! Makes me wish I bought one with everything done for me haha.

Yeah it's been well looked after. I think its good that lots has been done but bad as well because I can't do it :p

​Exactly this, being owned by Autocrash previously he's done everything!

It was his baby! No expense spared.

What were they thinking with those plates?!

Looks miles better now. Lets have some interior pics. It sounds just like mine inside.

I'm not entirely sure lol. I took a few today as I hovered the interior. I'll put them up soon.

f**king stunning car! With the spacers, has it chipped the paint at all?

Can't wait to see it at CSS though! you camping to btw

How do you mean mate, what paint? And hopefully, I haven't booked it yet but some people have being saying you can pay on the door.

The engine bay looks SO clean! I love it :D

Thanks buddy :) I've just gotta try and keep it that way lol.

Please don't fit the bonnet, unless you want to fit in with Mansfield's Finest... Urgh

Haha, it might be making an appearance at CSS with a big for sale sign on it!

Like the stones getting flung up onto your door and scratch the paint, and yeah fair enough. Ill be staying friday and saturday so I'll see you there ;)

Ooh right, I haven't had any trouble so far mate. Hopefully it'll be alright :)

Yeah I'll see you there mate, I still need to source a tent as I think my gf let ours go mouldy! :(

On the 21st April there was an East Midlands meet at the Dakota Hotel. I decided to have a drive down as there were a few people I hadn't met before.

I also fitted some carbon fibre spats the same morning to protect the end of the side skirt from stone chips, not got any close up pictures but you can just see them in the photo below.

1-2_zps59ea1baa.png

2-2_zps9b51675d.png

Clios_zps5dfcf0ea.jpg

As you can see in the photos I had also fitted some wind deflectors, these came off once I got home as I broke them driving back from the meet! Got caught in the window and chipped the edge off :(

I gave the car a quick clean so thought I'd post up a few photos :)

cleandrive_zps5aed07bd.png

cleanenginebay_zpsb390a9d2.png

IMAG1852_zpsb1319235.png

A before and after shot of the wheels -

wheeldirty_zpsa476a485.png

wheelclean_zps8c6af945.png

After this I decided it was time to get rid of the bamboo cane and get a proper bonnet stay lol.

I also fitted the classic CS mod - silver vision bulbs, which do look a lot better than standard.

bulbs_zps91c061c7.png

I'm slowly catching up with my progress now but there's still loads of photos to go through!

Cheers :)

Right, this is probably the best thing I've done to the car so far. The tints have come off! :D

I was used to having tinted windows as my old 1.6 had them done. At first I was quite wary of taking them off in case I didn’t like it without.

IMAG1873_zps3a475132.png

IMAG1877_zps80c6a2e2.png

I’m really glad I did because it looks much better IMO and it makes a massive difference driving at night.

Plus I love how you can see the Recaro’s through the back window now! xD