ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

-Danman-‘s Inferno 182

Yeah as Tom said, managed to find a set a few weeks ago. All fitted now but I'm still miles behind on the progress thread so it'll be a while before I put it on here :p

Yeah I've got a few more plans, I've also done a few other things that aren't in here as well yet. Need to pull my finger out really!

I keep seeing sets come up for sale mate but there all miles away!

Did if you see those Recaro's on eBay? 99p start. Someone started a thread earlier about them.

Yeah I've seen them but I have my insurance renewal in Feb which is about £1600 so I need to save some money :( yeah I have too but not for that price!

Ah ok, in that case I find your car perfect. You need to keep this thread updated though!

Haha thank you :p tell me about it! Got so many photos to sort through.

Yeah I've seen them but I have my insurance renewal in Feb which is about £1600 so I need to save some money :( yeah I have too but not for that price!

Ah fair enough mate, hopefully some more will come up closer to home. Would you settle for 172 ones or is is strictly 182 ones only?

Car is looking great! Love the colour of the wheels :D

Cheers mate :) They shine a purple/blue when they're super clean.

Managed to refurb the headlights! :) It took about 40 mins all in all.

Firstly I used 1200 wet + dry paper to get rid of the deep cracks and then moved onto 1500. After that I used some rubbing compound, this got rid of most of the smaller marks and then I put T-Cut on them to take a small layer of plastic off and make them smooth. Auto-glym wax polish was then used to clean the surface and get rid of any smearing

Photo time!

Before, It wasn’t as bad as the other set I did on the 1.6 but they still needed doing.

10933617816_b13f9db6e1_c.jpg

All masked up -

10933711663_34d93d1acf_c.jpg

After 1200 wet + dry paper -

10933794056_671ab6714f_c.jpg

After 1500 wet + dry paper -

10933834044_f329ce8556_c.jpg

Rubbing compound -

10933395505_95caa3f0d5_c.jpg

A nice engine cover to stop rubbing compound getting everywhere lol -

10933502395_ce6247cd0e_c.jpg

Nice and shiney (T-Cut and polish) -

10933669486_5f40dd0af4_c.jpg

A close up :)

10933710136_8fd7be0164_c.jpg

I got a lot better finish this time around as I used a rotary polisher. It was very very messy though :/

Poor Clio, It looked like it'd been crying lol. I had to drive around like this as well for a few days too!

10933777943_38076da2a8_c.jpg

Thanks, more updates coming soon!

Last edited:
made a cracking job on the headlights mate! I'm too scared to attempt mine :L

Thanks pal, just give it a go, what's the worst that could happen? :p

Just do it by hand, that way you can't cause too much damage haha.

Want to do mine?

They look mint and mine are sooooo bad :(

Already got another set to do at some point.

Like I said above mate, just have a go by hand and you'll see the difference :)

Haha I wouldn't have either! Nope not a clue. Cooksport don't really seem to be bothered. Pm'd josh and posted in the thread and had no replies. Would have thought they would have been bothered about making money etc but obviously not!

Hmm that's a bit strange mate :/

Maybe they're just really busy haha, have they got a website you could look on?

Only a quick update today -

My private plates are now on :D courtesy of my lovely girlfriend :)

I don't know why but they seem to make a massive difference to how the car looks.

10934877174_be280c7df9_c.jpg

Had to go for the 3/4 option again -

10934972213_4014d601f0_c.jpg

It was horrible removing the old plates because I put so much tape on them. Took forever getting it all off with hot water!

I might go for the Velcro option next time lol.

^

Boost would just about finish this car!

Such a nice car man, you must love it :p I know I would haha

With the bonnet catch thing, yeah it might bend the bonnet if it does flip up, but it will sure make a hell of a lot less mess than if there was nothing to catch it at all!

Good job on the headlights too :)

^

Boost would just about finish this car!

Such a nice car man, you must love it :p I know I would haha

With the bonnet catch thing, yeah it might bend the bonnet if it does flip up, but it will sure make a hell of a lot less mess than if there was nothing to catch it at all!

Good job on the headlights too :)

Maybe one day. I've experienced it once in a Scooby on one of those driving day things which was awesome! Would love that feeling in the Clio.

Had a look at the bonnet catch to look for a more secure place but couldn't really find one nearer the front. Yeah I'm hoping it'll work a little bit. Gotta be better than nothing surely! :p

Any updates on the R33 mate?

Yeah it'll definitely help. Hopefully you'll never have to need it, but it's nice knowing that if the catch does fail you have a backup catch, as it were.

Nah not yet, need to get a job and things sorted before I start plowing money into it aha

What are your plans then?

Last edited:
Yeah it'll definitely help. Hopefully you'll never have to need it, but it's nice knowing that if the catch does fail you have a backup catch, as it were.

Nah not yet, need to get a job and things sorted before I start plowing money into it aha

What are your plans then?

I hope not!

Ah fair enough, that does make sense lol :p

- Got some door cards to replace the pov spec cup ones
- A few new bulbs for fog lights and main beam
- Some new wind deflectors (broke the others)
- Going to have some gloss black vinyl wrapping done after the bad weather
- 98Ron remap at some point

I'm sure I'll think of some other things as well haha.

Quite a late update today as I've been working late nights for the past few days.

I was looking over my old 1.6 project thread the other week and decided to colour code my boot button like I did on that.

If the diamond was silver instead of black then it wouldn't have looked so bad. I just got fed up of the diamond looking like a big blob from far away instead of a nice diamond outline.

So I bit the bullet and went down to my local paint shop and got some Inferno orange mixed up in an aerosol.

Here's a photo before it got painted -

10935406643_12d9df140a_c.jpg

After I removed the button and sprayed & lacquered it -

10935274624_bd12592f86_c.jpg

Back on the surround -

10935156396_d98e19b7ed_c.jpg

And finally fitted :D -

10935313633_bb42807364_c.jpg

Got some more updates on that I'll try and get up soon :)

Last edited:
Just on the outside. as it looks abit dirty/black

Ah I see, yeah they are a bit dirty atm lol. Can't remember what polish I normally use but it seems to be pretty good.

Looks real good that! Is it difficult to get the button out?

Cheers pal. Nah quite easy. All you've gotta do take the boot lining off, then unscrew the 3 bolts that release the boot button surround. Then you just disconnect this spring/bar thing and take it all out. The button should just drop out after that :)

Right next up, I de-wipered the Clio as I thought it would smarten up the back end.

I used a gromit from Halfords to fill the hole in the standard wiper plate -

10935006655_2bd6fac142_c.jpg

I then decided It didn't look as good as I thought and went on the hunt for a smoothed wiper plate. I was very interested in the carbon fibre ones at one point but thought it'd look a little OTT with all the other bits.

Then I saw that @DanEdser was selling all the modifications from his car as he was moving to New Zealand. He just happened to have a smooth wiper blank, perfect! :)

I started to wet & dry it to get rid of the paint which was peeling a bit and I've never seen anything like it lol.

10935946844_cfaa045675_c.jpg

The layers went something like -

Black
Orange
Black
Grey
Black
Grey

10935878556_45069fde4a_c.jpg

I thought it was never going to end lol!

Until finally I found the actual plastic of the wiper plate around the edges -

10935817765_c3639a095c_c.jpg

I then proceeded to use plastic primer, Inferno paint and a few layers of lacquer.

10935817465_a1445e9a4f_c.jpg

I was originally going to spray it gloss black so it blended into the back window but decided against it after seeing someone else on here who clolour coded it the same as thier car.

Here it is after a good polish, yaay! :) -

10935950084_dd8b0c38ca_c.jpg

And finally fitted -

10935748235_5b9dd151b3_c.jpg

I'm glad I did colour code it instead of it being gloss black. It finishes the back off nicely... For now ;)

Last edited:
  RB 182
I like the idea of the colour coded boot button, might take on that task myself!

The quality of your spraying looks great too :)