ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

-Danman-‘s Inferno 182

Many.
I did think of that but I guess no one would know they're held on with velcro. Plus I can't imagine many people would want to steal my number plates. (Unless it was a mate playing a joke)

My plates are velcro'ed on, its good for removing them when washing the car, taking pics etc too, Doubt I'll have people stealing them, and my mates just put the plates up side down a few times, its become boring now though.

Also means you can switch between 3/4 front and full sized front easily if you get pulled.

Get this thread up to date too, have been following since you first got the car, I love it.

My plates are velcro'ed on, its good for removing them when washing the car, taking pics etc too, Doubt I'll have people stealing them, and my mates just put the plates up side down a few times, its become boring now though.

Also means you can switch between 3/4 front and full sized front easily if you get pulled.

Get this thread up to date too, have been following since you first got the car, I love it.

Yeah I think cars look so much nicer without the plate in photos. I should probably keep a full sized plate in the boot just in case but I don't have one lol.

Ill try and get it up to date soon matey!

Had a chance to have another play with the front door cards again? Awkward things!

No mate not yet. Just got the door handle and the door pull screwed in and left the speaker and bottom ones out.

I did manage to remove a full leather interior from a Volkswagen Passat Highline yesterday though! :p

I think it's about time for another update on this thread! This time, it's the Clio Sport Saturday photos. (Only about 7 months behind!)

From what I can remember, it rained most of the time we were there but it was still a good day nevertheless. Especially looking round the War Museum.

Here's a few photo's that other people took -

11934227373_9a1b1752b5_c.jpg

11934723663_cfeca32832_c.jpg

11935244523_b06c827fab_c.jpg

11936281284_fc8a1f9dd7_c.jpg

11935818543_94c67f3c6c_c.jpg

11935277655_e5af7d79bf_c.jpg

11934780136_0ddd263f53_c.jpg

11935968764_204f7f67b1_c.jpg

11934904533_bbfb24be04_c.jpg

11935259444_8912497fee_c.jpg

11934809496_cbc0911211_c.jpg

And finally, my favourite photo of the lot -

11934251685_ce0d6f9d2e_c.jpg

Thanks to everyone who took photos of my car, they're really good quality :)

After the show I decided to tag along with the CS campers. (I was originally planning to stay the night but had to go into work the next day unfortunately!) We had a decent sized convoy from the War Museum up to Tesco to get some supplies. But then a few of us got left behind!

I was following @Scrooge & @Rob To the campsite but somehow we managed to get lost. Several times! We even managed to drive into the correct campsite and drive back out again as we thought it was the wrong one!

All in all it was a fun day and I'm already looking forward to the next CS camping trip.

Dan

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Hi Dan didnt ever get your username. I was saying on the day how much I liked this car and I'm not usually a fan of infernos. Looks just right IMO, great stance!

Hi Dan didnt ever get your username. I was saying on the day how much I liked this car and I'm not usually a fan of infernos. Looks just right IMO, great stance!

I only worked out your forum name the other week when you put up that detailing thread and I recognised your car.

Haha cheers, yes they are a bit marmite!

DISASTER! :(

This happened in October when I was taking my girlfriend to A&E -

12237025033_5d5435f290_c.jpg

12236928943_dcf108ce12_c.jpg

I dropped her off at the hospital entrance with her mum and went to park the car. Drove towards the car park barrier but went in at a funny angle so I couldn't reach the ticket machine. Decided to reverse instead of getting out the car, (It was p*ssing it down), and managed to reverse up a dropped kerb and off the tall bit. BANG!

After parking up and sitting in the car for a few minutes I dared myself to go and look at the bumper. The splitter had been destroyed and I thought I'd smashed up the carbon fog light surround as well. Luckily the actual bumper was okay.

I looked like a right idiot when I had to walk back over the barrier, stop a car and rescue the remaining bits of carbon trim from getting ran over. The fog light surround was alright as well, just needs sticking back on.

I'll be on the lookout for a genuine cup splitter now. I know the Skoda ones are about a tenner btw ;)

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Every time I look in this thread I always think how mint this looks Dan... Gutted about the damage :(

luckily, it doesn't look like the bumper is damaged which is a plus I suppose

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :eek:

Exactly how I felt haha!

Absolutely stunning car matey! Picking my new 182 up tomorrow morning :)! This has excited me 100x more!

Thank you mate :) what colour/spec you going for?

Every time I look in this thread I always think how mint this looks Dan... Gutted about the damage :(

luckily, it doesn't look like the bumper is damaged which is a plus I suppose

Ah cheers mate :) yeah tell me about it :p

Yeah I had a good look round and I can't see any damage.

Clio Sport 182
Thank you mate :) what colour/spec you going for?

Your welcome! I went for an 04 arctic 182 with cup wheels and suspension :). Turns out it used to be someone's from on here so i'll be looking to track them down at some point! Its been really well looked after!

Your welcome! I went for an 04 arctic 182 with cup wheels and suspension :). Turns out it used to be someone's from on here so i'll be looking to track them down at some point! Its been really well looked after!

Ooh nice :) it'll be easy to find them just have a quick search of the forum. Glad you found a good one! :)

I decided it was time to upgrade a few bulbs on the car so I swapped the standard yellow ones for some nice crisp white LED's.
(Even though they look blue in the photos)

I changed -

Side lights
Number plate light
Boot light
Glove box light
Courtesy light

Here are a few photos:

Sidelights -
12523326604_19d0483d2e_c.jpg

Number plate light before -
12523317004_5bdc27b5a0_c.jpg

After -
12522776765_7a760cf1df_c.jpg

Glove box before -
12522849313_84f8ba6879_c.jpg

After -
12523181634_ea54ba26d3_c.jpg

The only problem is that the overhead courtesy light flickers really bad. They've only been in a few months. Is it the LED on its way out or something else?

The glove box and boot lights use the same sized LED and I bought them all together but they work fine :S

Last edited:
  Ph2 Meg 225
Try swapping the bulb to a different one and see if the issue occurs, usually in electrical terms it's a dodgy bulb in a house etc. I had a dim glow at night with mine!

I spotted this on splitter scuffers with something on the bonnet ;)

Try swapping the bulb to a different one and see if the issue occurs, usually in electrical terms it's a dodgy bulb in a house etc. I had a dim glow at night with mine!

I spotted this on splitter scuffers with something on the bonnet ;)

I'll give that a go and see if it is the bulb. Mine is constantly on slightly as well. I think I read somewhere it's the voltage because LEDs use less power or something?

Haha yes you did, was waiting for all the hate :p it was only a photoshop :)

Will do the other black bits at some point though ;)

Did you get the bulbs I linked you? Flickering = bulb knackered, my boot one is doing it!

The constant on is to do with the direction of current alternating through the bulb. Mine is the same. Going to see if I can swap the wires around in the light connector to make the voltage flow the same way if possible!

Did you get the bulbs I linked you? Flickering = bulb knackered, my boot one is doing it!

The constant on is to do with the direction of current alternating through the bulb. Mine is the same. Going to see if I can swap the wires around in the light connector to make the voltage flow the same way if possible!

Yeah I got the same ones as you mate. I'll have to order another one then.

Ooh right okay, how would you go about doing that?

I'm still thinking about joining another LED to it so the cup courtesy light works on both tilt options.

Yeah I got the same ones as you mate. I'll have to order another one then.

Ooh right okay, how would you go about doing that?

I'm still thinking about joining another LED to it so the cup courtesy light works on both tilt options.

I'm off this week so going to have a play with the multimeter and see if it's do-able. If it is I'll help you sort yours!

Here are a few photos of the Clio and its friend from Meadowhall; (Which I believe is now for sale </3) - @richd

12819609194_5928c36a2f_c.jpg

12819274393_fd8a92fc55_c.jpg

I also ticked over 58K on the way home as well! :(

12819273153_5e4cce3c9c_c.jpg

Currently uploading a lot more progress photos on Flickr :)

Looking good! Sorry if I've missed this in your thread but are your turinis cup or trophy offset?

I'm running cup turinis and your 16mm spacers look just right.

Mec 350 slk manual
I believe they're the et37 Cup Turini's. You could probably go a little wider than 16s on the front.

The 16mm spacers are too wide on the back though.

Haha!
Danman when are you fitting the wheels you picked up today , I was the one in the odd ph1 and picked up the itbs

jack-c 5 m would be better on the back with no scrub

Danman when are you fitting the wheels you picked up today , I was the one in the odd ph1 and picked up the itbs

jack-c 5 m would be better on the back with no scrub

Going to give them a test fit tomorrow if it's dry. I need to get a set of 5mm spacers for the rear so the wheels clear the brake calipers.

What do you mean by "jack-c 5 m" though?
EDIT: ^r****d mode!

Mar172

I wasn't gonna put any spacers on the back. With the lower offset on my cup turinis the rear isn't too bad. Like you say tho 5mm probably would be perfect.

Defiantly needs some spacers on the front tho to fill the arches. Struggling to decide between 15mm and 20mm but I think I might go for 15mm as I like a little bit of tuck.

Cheers mate

Finally upgraded to some 182 xenon's which I bought from @danj.richardson - Shame they didn't come up sooner as I had got my old Cup lights looking brand new!

They need a good restore but I'll save doing that for another day. Anyway, onto the photos...

The old standard lights -

12842215895_b13ae448b7_c.jpg

12842156183_7ebdda726d_c.jpg

I started by removing the plastic clips which held the grill in place and then the bolts which secured the arch liners -

12842352844_df07769b25_c.jpg

12841401925_8c5a2e2f65_c.jpg

Then I slowly pulled the bumper away from the car -

12841668344_a2e26ea7db_c.jpg

After this, I unscrewed the screws which were attached to the under tray and arch liners from under the car and I was then able to pull the bumper off completely -

12840768145_18ed69503a_c.jpg

I then disconnected the fog lights and moved the bumper out of the way -

12820858495_22f0a4530d_c.jpg

The next step was pretty straight forward, just had to undo a few bolts which held on the headlights -

12820710345_8762cd19ab_c.jpg

Close up of the induction kit ;)

12820954484_c533bc1076_c.jpg

Then I swapped over to the projector light and switched it on, result! :)

12820235465_ea52a43a57_c.jpg

Swapped my LED side lights as well and compared the two units -

12820198543_2cbbd0b899_c.jpg

Finished swapping the other one over and decided to have a lunch break after all my hard work :clown: -

12820306204_e73570068b_c.jpg

After lunch I put the bumper back on (kind of) and that was it -

12819611175_2af33235f0_c.jpg

I didn't take any more photos as it was dropping dark when I had finished.

I'm well impressed how good the projector units are over the halogen ones. It's nice to be able to see where I'm going at night now! :p

Last edited: