ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

STOLEN: CLIO 182 M555 JEH •NOW FOUND•

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Monaco - 172
Re: STOLEN: CLIO 182 M555 JEH

Gutted for you mate. Really nice example. It sounds like there's a lot of awareness about it now - and I really can't see how people can pinch it keyless without anyone seeing something.

Audi A5

The sensors are in the cabin on the A pillars, so if the window is not smashed then they won't be disturbed so, in theory wont go off.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro

my advice would be to get out there mate and just search all the places you can think of nearby which are in a secluded area and out of public way. The next 24 hours or so are the most critical, best of luck. Were all anxious for you mate.

I was out the majority of yesterday and have been out looking all morning. I agree on the time scale, the first 72 hours are the most critical.

I saw this on Facebook, ended up doing a detour on the way home after being passed by a silver sport lol must have followed him 10-15mins before I got the reg and noticed it was different !

Lol apologises to anyone on here I followed lol

eyes are peeled in stoke for you mate !

LOL! Thanks mate, appreciate the help. :)

Yeah and they probably google the reg as well to see what people are saying.

Utterly gutted for you mate, I really hope something positve comes off this.

have you told your insurance company yet?

Its all over the internet and Facebook so it's common knowledge at the moment. As I said earlier on in the thread, the chances are it has been stolen by a criminal gang who have also stolen a number of other performance cars in the same area over the last 4 weeks.

Just really hoping it's found in the next few days. :(

I also can't help but think you aren't helping yourself by giving away the amount of money that you've spent on it. In no way am I having a dig here, but telling the internet that you've spent 4K on mods in X amount of time isn't exactly putting thieves off.

This is a good lesson to everyone about how much you share with the Internet, since it's obvious that some ones researched this car prior to stealing it.

again... I'm not having a go, because what's happened isn't your fault and it's pretty s**t.

Its a fair comment but it's pretty clear from looking at the car it's had a fair amount of money spent on it. Unfortunately, it's evident that you can't have anything nice these days without someone vandalising or stealing it.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro

I'm surprised the alarm didn't go off? If somebody breathes on mine it goes off.... Thought they were all as sensitive?

Mine is very sensitive normally but nobody heard anything when it was stolen. I'm pretty confident it was low loaded so no windows were smashed or anything.

How much is a tracker?

I'm not sure, it's something I would definitely consider though! Especially now.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

I hate to say, a tracker isn't really the answer either. Anyone who seen that brand new RS4 being taken in 90 seconds will know what I mean!

How much is a tracker?

not much, could wire up a old phone with a sim card to the battery and hide it somewhere. A few bmw owners done that when that obd2 theft was going on.

hate to say this but i think this has been stolen to order by some pro's, CS is like an argos catalogue to them... especially when the project threads with every single detail about the car is there. Can't have nothing nice these days without it being taken, Hope you do find it and the scumbags get the book thrown at them

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

I am genuinely gutted for you mate.
I have a ph1 that ive invested lots of time and money into.

I pray that its found.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro

I hate to say, a tracker isn't really the answer either. Anyone who seen that brand new RS4 being taken in 90 seconds will know what I mean!

Yeah I saw that! You could have all the security in the world. The fact is if someone wants it they will do whatever it takes to get it.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Exactly, not what you want to hear having a nice car but a sad reality!

Who are you insured with Lawro? Tell me its not Admiral/Elephant/Bell....

clio 182 cup

Lovely looking car, I'm maybe not saying the right thing here but am I the only one who wouldn't ever want my car back if it was stolen? As long as I get a decent insurance payout I'd rather it was just found burnt out regardless of how much it was my pride and joy.

It just would never 'feel' the same again knowing some scum bag had been joyriding it and not knowing just what long term damage they could have done to the engine, transmission etc even if it appeared to be intact on the surface.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro

Exactly, not what you want to hear having a nice car but a sad reality!

Who are you insured with Lawro? Tell me its not Admiral/Elephant/Bell....

No lol, Direct Line. I'm a financial underwriter for them.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro

Look who has been found..

10246001415_ca59d0ea45_c.jpg

Clio 182 by Lawro1988, on Flickr

Words can not even express how I'm feeling right now!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member

Wow so pleased to hear that. i was going to go down that way later.
Did you find it.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Oh mate im f**king over the moon.

I think the steal them then leave them sitting incase they have a tracker.

Great news, is the car ok??

Nice to see its parked away from the curb...lol

E46 M3 & UR Quattro

I was called by a member of the public who had seen the appeal on Facebook. He said he had seen a silver clio with no numberplates in a lane by Barton Hill Trading Estate yesterday evening. I called the police straight away and ran down there and it was just sat there.

It all looks okay, no damage from what I can see and it doesn't look like they have actually driven it or even been inside the car. No number plates though unfortunately but that's the last of my worries!

Just over the moon that it has been found! Thank you to everyone who has sent the word out or taken time out of their day to look for it! It's very much appreciated.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Needs locking up, guard dogs, 24hr security guards now.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza

Haha, brilliant news! Pleased for you.

The power of the internet eh!

Status
Not open for further replies.