ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scott's Super Clean PH1 172 Project Thread

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Looking good Scott.
Thanks bud, im looking forward to driving it again.
Hopefully in the next couple of months when the weather gets better.

Looking forward to seeing you again mate. :smile:

When do the calipers arrive Scott? Going to look brilliant!
Cheers Arran, i have no idea mate. Hi-spec haven't got back to me yet even after i called them the other week and the guy saying he will chase the guys looking at it up for me as to weather or not the Monster 4's will fit under my F1's.
They still have my alloy bell and F1 and tbh i was getting a bit pissed off, after me paying Tom for the bells i wanted he kit so i could get it all fitted.
However my van that i use as my daily needs quite a bit of tlc, the cooling system is pressurizing its self, the cambelt needs replacing and the clutch isn't at its best. (it also has a few oil leaks) :cry:
So im going to get the van to my father-in-laws in the next few weeks and get the engine and box out, crack on and get everything sorted. The money i was going to spend on my brake kit is now going to the "Combo van fund" I've even been working every Monday as OT to get a few more quid together. :disrelieved:
If Hi-Spec do call then ill have to raid the kids piggy banks. (i gagging to chase Hi-Spec up as i want the 4 pots)

Just a little up date.

I bought a pair of new alloy pedal covers as mine where looking a bit worn.
16541177442_b0d5a91cb2_c.jpg
005 by scottieraven, on Flickr

Old pair.

16356375737_5f91c24e8f_c.jpg
003 by scottieraven, on Flickr

Now i only fitted one as the black paint on the clutch pedal was worn in places, this could be seen under the alloy cover and i no that if i don't paint it then it will bug the hell out of me.

16354775340_a1acd5b0d7_c.jpg
007 by scottieraven, on Flickr

Ill get the pedal painted when i get some time then its just a case of pop riveting the cover on, ive also got to remove and clean the throttle cover and give it a polish up.
I was going to replace it but its only available with the throttle pedal which is expensive.

16540524071_a187100535_c.jpg
012 by scottieraven, on Flickr

Next up is my steering wheel that i sent to Snappy, i sent snappy my original wheel that was on my car when i bought it but like every other PH1 it had fallen to bits.
Snappy had my wheel for a month or so but i wasn't in a rush as the cars not being used, last week i got a text from Andy with a few pictures of my wheel being trimmed.

These are the pictures that Andy sent me.

Wheel all stripped down ready for Andy to work he's magic.
16519101711_30735d5eab_o.jpg
Untitled by scottieraven, on Flickr

Now as i wanted the wheel made thicker Andy had to trim the wheel twice, more expensive but well worth it imo.
1st layer of trimming on.

16334890557_18f6f3cc6e_o.jpg
Untitled by scottieraven, on Flickr

16550001241_bd164a5694_c.jpg
009 by scottieraven, on Flickr

16364217730_17a8602253_c.jpg
016 by scottieraven, on Flickr

The stitching is perfect.
16550568492_733214b2e3_c.jpg
021 by scottieraven, on Flickr

16365379899_eb06675b2e_c.jpg
022 by scottieraven, on Flickr

16525641956_ba5f0c7b61_c.jpg
034 by scottieraven, on Flickr

16550539852_5fa51bc0a4_c.jpg
035 by scottieraven, on Flickr

16551651005_6f7ba97e26_c.jpg
036 by scottieraven, on Flickr

Looking forward to fitting it to the car, seems to nice to use but will finish the trim off perfectly. :cool:

Renault Clio DCi 65
Car looks great! The attention to detail is beyond anything I've seen and it looked great at PFC expo.
P.S how much for your old pedal covers? :wink:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Great update man. Your pictures are always so fresh too.
Cheers dude. [emoji4]
Car looks great! The attention to detail is beyond anything I've seen and it looked great at PFC expo.
P.S how much for your old pedal covers? :wink:
Thanks for the comment mate, unfortunately I've chucked them in the bin.
They aren't to expensive from Renault. [emoji3]
Thanks Mark, it is bloody nice. [emoji1]
Good call on the pedals, Scott... they freshen up the footwell nicely. :up:
Thanks Andy, its the little things that make a difference. [emoji3]
Not thought ablout one of the heel and toe pedals from the group buy? Still 5 left and they aren't expensive.
No bud, not really my thing. I'll just pop that one off and give it a polish up. [emoji1]

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
I really fancy doing the exact same for the steering wheel in the V6 possibly the Ph1 too, look forward to pictures when fitted!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I really fancy doing the exact same for the steering wheel in the V6 possibly the Ph1 too, look forward to pictures when fitted!
Do it Ben, i think its such a great factory looking but epic thing to do. :cool:
I should get it fitted on Sunday if i find time mate so ill get a few shots of it then.

Many.
Steering wheel looks damn awesome. Andrew does such an amazing job.

Also, if you need a hand with the Combo, give me a shout :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
No bud, not really my thing. I'll just pop that one off and give it a polish up. [emoji1]

Listen to the man! Buy a heel toe pedal, I love the design! You can keep your standard one too, and polish it til your heart is content, but you're upgrading the brakes, why not upgrade the pedal box to allow you to blip down as necessary whilst on those brakes ;)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Is alcantara a lot more forgiving than suede then for a steering wheel?

I haven't got a clue mark if im honest.
Hopefully it will be okay, as you know I do very little miles in the car and im always clean.
I guess that alcantara is hard wearing as they use it for seat's, time will tell mate.

Love the wheel!
Annoying that you're getting messed around with the brakes.
Thanks buddy, yes it is a bit but at the moment maybe a blessing.

haha yeah, that's fair enough.

In regards to the wheel, I couldn't live with suede/alacantara. I too often drive with mucky hands lol. Would be black before you know it.
Not practical fr day to day use, but as Scott says how little he uses it, be fine.
I'd keep wetwipes in the glovebox though Scott, just encase ;) haha

Many.
Listen to the man! Buy a heel toe pedal, I love the design! You can keep your standard one too, and polish it til your heart is content, but you're upgrading the brakes, why not upgrade the pedal box to allow you to blip down as necessary whilst on those brakes :wink:

Nope, i'm with Scott on this. I actually dislike the larger pedals anyway, I'll be keeping standards, plus I have no problem with heel-toeing the Clio's anyway. It really, really, really wouldn't suit Scotts car.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Nope, i'm with Scott on this. I actually dislike the larger pedals anyway, I'll be keeping standards, plus I have no problem with heel-toeing the Clio's anyway. It really, really, really wouldn't suit Scotts car.
Its not going to happen mate, there is no point in me having a bigger padal. I can blip the throttle on the down shift anyway and i don't drive it mad enough for that left foot braking stuff.

Its not a race car and i would only end up crashing. :cry:
Scott doesn't drive it fast enough to warrant the bigger pedal! :astonished:
Haha, 30 mph is quite fast enough mate.

Does he even drive it at all?
I try not to, its been 4 months so far. :cool:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Get some poncy driving gloves to use with your new wheel, which looks sexual btw! I want to touch it...
Flol, my misses said the same mate, you can touch when we meet. :cool:

Top work as ever Scott! Top work!
Thanks bud, im just waiting on the sunshine so i can drive it again. :smile:

Just finished reading through all of this, took me 2 sessions lol but Wow, what a car, possibly the best Renaultsport out there! :up::cool:
Means alot that you have taken the time to read it all, thank you.
There are a few very good PH1's on this site, its nice to think this is one of them. :blush:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
So i was going to fit this tomorrow but as i had an hour spare i thought id get it fitted today.
So this is the wheel that i bought about 3 years ago, was never happy with it but it was miles better than the original wheel that was falling to bits.

16415606119_c428a1fa1d_c.jpg
008 by scottieraven, on Flickr

Old wheel off.
15981671563_0fe5a18681_c.jpg
012 by scottieraven, on Flickr

New wheel under wraps.
16600267131_d15f05a186_c.jpg
014 by scottieraven, on Flickr

Seeing it fitted made me smile like a kid. :blush:
16394146437_8b3593693d_c.jpg
019 by scottieraven, on Flickr

16414211298_18d60bd8eb_c.jpg
033 by scottieraven, on Flickr

16600806172_d734ebe64d_c.jpg
028 by scottieraven, on Flickr

16414402950_bc4db8e5c3_c.jpg
024 by scottieraven, on Flickr

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Shocked I'm saying this but I don't like the wheel at all! Not enough leather for me...