ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scott's Super Clean PH1 172 Project Thread

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I meant to put *its, not I'm.

Are you going to advertise it on other sites too?

What's your budget for the new car? Including the sale of this one?
Mark i don't think it will sell on here tbh, classic CS is "i want it its mint etc, ill buy it if you sell etc...." then when the time comes to sell no one wants to part with there money or thinks im going to sell it for peanuts.

Ill get it on PH and maybe the V6 forum, i am in talks with someone on here at the moment.
Budget for the new car is 8k ish

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Totally agree Scott, plus it'll broaden the search engine for someone else. People get links to other car threads on different forums from piston heads and the likes.

The type of person who will be really interested in this won't be a time waster, will appreciate the time, money and effort put into it and won't want to ruin it by modifying it. The purist type :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Totally agree Scott, plus it'll broaden the search engine for someone else. People get links to other car threads on different forums from piston heads and the likes.

The type of person who will be really interested in this won't be a time waster, will appreciate the time, money and effort put into it and won't want to ruin it by modifying it. The purist type :smile:
That's exactly the buyer im after mate, someone who will contiue to look after it. After all all of the hard works been done.

SQ5
Hey Danny, i know that you have always been interested in the car mate.
I did see how much you was willing to pay, but im after more so i didn't think it was worth bothering you?

By all means ill fire you over a pm mate.

absolutely fine mate, GLWS [emoji4]

Are you going to be pretty select over who you sell it to scott? as in, if you think they wont look after it then you wouldnt sell it to them?

I could never buy something like this, im to destructive for a start! plus It wouldnt stay clean lol

SQ5
Are you going to be pretty select over who you sell it to scott? as in, if you think they wont look after it then you wouldnt sell it to them?

I could never buy something like this, im to destructive for a start! plus It wouldnt stay clean lol

I think I would be! I know what certain members are like, you and I included!

This one I would only aim to supercharge though!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Id like to think that the asking price will only attract serious buyers and that after them parting with there hard earned that they would want to look after it and keep it to the high standard that ive got it to.
Id love the car to go to a V6 owner or someone with a passion with the Renault sport models and who appreciates the money and hard work that i have put into the car.

I think I would be! I know what certain members are like, you and I included!

This one I would only aim to supercharge though!
The A/C rad cost me £200 plus the £60 re-gas and the new seals. :cry::cry:

Absolutely amazing project, really a joy to read trough, easily a perfect example of an appreciating Renaultsport Clio 172...

Really hope another enthusiast buys this and continues to keep it mint and looking forward to see seeing your next car :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Mk1 FRS would be nice. Would you make that as mint as the Ph1?
I don't know if my budget will stretch far enough for me to buy a mint example.
But yes Tom, whatever I buy will get the scottie treatment.
I spoke to a guy at Hurst cars who sell imported scooby, I asked him if I was to buy a car from them could the not underseal it so I could. [emoji23]

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Scott, Mazda 3 MPS
Thought about these mate but don't know if there a bit "soft" yes I know I'm old and it would probably suit me down to the ground. lol
Gutted to hear this Scott. The car is such a credit to you!

I'm sure you wont have much trouble selling it mate.
I hope not Martin and I really do hope it goes to a good home.
When the day comes for us to part company I know I'm going to feel sick seeing it drive off.

Hopefully I can move on to something else to make mint.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Thought about these mate but don't know if there a bit "soft" yes I know I'm old and it would probably suit me down to the ground. lol

Lol well they're soft enough for a nice drive out with the family, but with around 300bhp can be enough to keep you entertained.

Gonna feel huge compared to the Clio though. I think whatever you buy, you'll eventually want the Clio back lol

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I fancy a Red one.

;)

2011-06-25192852.jpg

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Not the car for Scott I fear. Not a big enough following for when he makes it minter than mint.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Fancy doing the same again with a Black Ph1? :) would honestly love this beside the V6 but dont have the room nor the money!

I have a few friends into cars and invetsments - will spread the word ;)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Fancy doing the same again with a Black Ph1? :) would honestly love this beside the V6 but dont have the room nor the money!

I have a few friends into cars and invetsments - will spread the word ;)
Thank you Ben, that would be fantastic.
I appreciate that.
A V6 owner would be perfect and what a great pair of car's they would have, even if I do say so myself. [emoji1]
Evo Tommi Mak?
Epic cars and id love one, way to much for me thought Tom. [emoji45]

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
If I had the room to store and maintain this beautiful car I would be in there like a shot; it's a real frock-lifter. Love it. I just TRULY hope that it goes to an appreciative buyer who meticulously continues to look after it and ensures it wants for nothing.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
You'll only regret selling it Scott! Don't do it :(
Maybe mate but the car's got to a point where I don't use it in the rain, I have two boys that ill be 11 and 12 this year so the clio is a bit small for us to all go out in.

It hasn't been used for over 4 month's because of the above.

Plus I want booooooooost. [emoji1]

I know how you feel, (although i have no kids, but i'm sure they wont be far off) the Clio is a pretty small car and trying to fit more than 2 people is a nightmare!

Could you not put it into storage and let it appreciate? (Only say this as I wish I had of done that with my 205GTi, would be worth almost double what I let it go for now)
Then get some boost :wink:

Last edited:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Not really an option mate tbh, I have the funds available now to buy something else with but the sale of the PH1 will have to replace it.

I have no where to store it and don't want to be paying storage charges for year's and year's.

phase 1 flamer 172
Could only be the 2 door for me, I thought about buying one a few years ago, my brother beat me to it, and when I saw his fuel consumption I quickly changed my mind, phase 1 suits me best.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Not bothered about fuel tbh, I only do around 2 - 3k per year.
The car is purely a weekend toy.