ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project cars

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
The Sauber C9 Merc apparently has the highest top speed (254mph), but I can't seem to get near it on Le Mans. Can only crack 198 or so.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
This should help gents!
My current controller settings for Xbox One... Seems to be a fair improvement over the standard settings. Let me know what you think?

Steering Deadzone: 0
Steering Sensitivity: 0
Throttle Deadzone: 0
Throttle Sensitivity: 40
Brake Deadzone: 0
Brake Sensitivity: 60
Speed Sensitivity: 75
Controller Filtering Sensitivity: 30
Controller Preset Mode: 3
Apply Soft Steering: On
Apply Visual Filtering: Off
Apply Opposite Lock Help: Off

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Huayra is pretty rapid on Le Mans, until you hit the corners! Bit different in the handling compared to the cars I've been using so far.

Golf R/Leon FR
First impressions are very good for me even playing with a pad.
As said you need to be patient before nailing it or you'll be off at the 1st corner. Once the tyres are up to temp you can progressively push.

Clio
So early indications are had potential, really wanted it to be good but ultimately pretty crap.

Is that right before I waste my hard earned coin on it?

It's unforgiving and inaccessible. Doesn't hold your hand at all. It feels to me very much like a PC game ported to console, which is a good and bad thing. Handling with the PS4 pad is much improved when you adjust the settings, but ultimately it's going to need a wheel to be properly rewarding. I like it.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
It's unforgiving and inaccessible. Doesn't hold your hand at all. It feels to me very much like a PC game ported to console, which is a good and bad thing. Handling with the PS4 pad is much improved when you adjust the settings, but ultimately it's going to need a wheel to be properly rewarding. I like it.

Totally agree bud!

Clio
Ok, so what wheel choices do I have for an XBOX one? Any wheel, gears, clutch pedals options that I can build a rig for with full racing seat?

Probably won't get past the Mrs but worth a go.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
So far for me the P1 is coming out top for out and out pace, with the V8 Atom being the most planted round the corners.

1.8 Civic EX
Really can't decide about this.

Mixed reviews regards the AI (as with most racing games), and several comments about it being quite difficult (if your playing properly (aids off, manual gears etc).

I like a good racing game, but not sure I'll have the time/patience to give it the time it needs to then be able to get some good laps in and enjoy it. Also from reading the above it would be best with a wheel set up which I don't have (unless the original 360 wheel/pedals is compatible with the xbone which I don't think it is sadly).

I still have Forza 5 but that barely gets touched these days.

On the flip side, I'm bored of the games I have now so want something to trade them in for....hmmm

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
what settings are people using for the PS4 controller?
We should setup a Cliosport Clio Cup race sometime, would be good......as long as its not in the wet.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
what settings are people using for the PS4 controller?
We should setup a Cliosport Clio Cup race sometime, would be good......as long as its not in the wet.
Not tried them myself but seen this suggestion on the Av forums:

Controller settings:
Steering sensitivity - 50 is linear. Lower gives you a more gentle curve. So try 35 if you find the car moving around too much in a straight line.
Speed sensitivity - at higher settings it'll stop you moving the front wheels too much at speed - try a setting of 60-70.
Filtering - this really helps. Try it at 50 at first then maybe higher. Will stop all that silly jittery car movement from very slight unintended pad input.
I prefer mode 3 for the pad then make the adjustments above. These are on PC though but no reason not to try on console too.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Ok, so what wheel choices do I have for an XBOX one? Any wheel, gears, clutch pedals options that I can build a rig for with full racing seat?

Probably won't get past the Mrs but worth a go.
Maybe consider Thrustmaster F458 wheel and pedal set (a bit of Ferrari bling) and a PlaySeat? Shop around and you may be able to get that for less than 500 big ones...

http://www.box.co.uk/Thrustmaster_T...BYSYbRZhQY2bYKVAh6OVf3ictwDcnDzGg4aAmlt8P8HAQ

http://www.playseat.com/shop/eu/uk/

Maybe.

Clio
Maybe consider Thrustmaster F458 wheel and pedal set (a bit of Ferrari bling) and a PlaySeat? Shop around and you may be able to get that for less than 500 big ones...

http://www.box.co.uk/Thrustmaster_T...BYSYbRZhQY2bYKVAh6OVf3ictwDcnDzGg4aAmlt8P8HAQ

http://www.playseat.com/shop/eu/uk/

Maybe.
Nice one, thank you.
I did have a look at the reviews for the wheels currently available and they seem to be hit and miss. That then led me on to one in development by Fanatec. That looked really nice until I priced it up.

Time to run it past the Mrs later.

Vectra SRi
Has anyone had their hard copy early? Just sat down with mine and everything's locked bar "solo" and even that's only letting me drive one car on one track!! Gutted

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Really can't decide about this.

Mixed reviews regards the AI (as with most racing games), and several comments about it being quite difficult (if your playing properly (aids off, manual gears etc).

I like a good racing game, but not sure I'll have the time/patience to give it the time it needs to then be able to get some good laps in and enjoy it. Also from reading the above it would be best with a wheel set up which I don't have (unless the original 360 wheel/pedals is compatible with the xbone which I don't think it is sadly).

I still have Forza 5 but that barely gets touched these days.

On the flip side, I'm bored of the games I have now so want something to trade them in for....hmmm
Exactly this for me, I am undecided at the moment...

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Tried the Bavarian Legend event and pulled a 01:54:526, it wasn't the fastest lap I could do but it was the cleanest. Definitely room for another 2/3 seconds or so, definitely can't beat the 01:48:160 at the top!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Our Shopto order didn't arrive early. 1st time I've ordered with them and it's not came early.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Anyone else trying the Bavarian Legend community event? Got my time down to 01:54:137, pretty confident of getting into the low 01:53s. The guy at the top has just set a new time of 01:47:935. Mental

Two 0 Shitx
Loving it so far! My type of game

Used to be a big sim player just enjoying this on a pad and i think its pretty good! Change go mode 2, turn all driver and wheel off and zero movement on the camera.

Last edited:
  107 Track Car & C4
Received mine in the post today from Shopto.net, great service as usual. The game is brilliant, blows Forza Motorsport out the water IMO, great to have some different tracks on a game too :)

RS Clio 182
Its very playable with the pad in mode 2...youve got to be really careful with cold tyres though. Just did Nurburgring in the sunset with helmet cam - amazing.

That view is so immersive,they have the head and car movement spot on.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Now my controller is set up properly it's just awesome.

Done a few races with the formula rookie on the silver stone national and it's just brilliant IMO.

The cold tyres make it such a pain though, can't just nip out in a car to try it in free practice as it takes a few laps to get it up to temp.

RS Clio 182
Now my controller is set up properly it's just awesome.

Done a few races with the formula rookie on the silver stone national and it's just brilliant IMO.

The cold tyres make it such a pain though, can't just nip out in a car to try it in free practice as it takes a few laps to get it up to temp.

What settings are you using for the controller? Ive changed to mode 2 but nothing specific...

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
What settings are you using for the controller? Ive changed to mode 2 but nothing specific...
I can't remember the exact ones but it's mode 2 and then pretty similar to the settings in Noddies post.
Not tried them myself but seen this suggestion on the Av forums:

Controller settings:
Steering sensitivity - 50 is linear. Lower gives you a more gentle curve. So try 35 if you find the car moving around too much in a straight line.
Speed sensitivity - at higher settings it'll stop you moving the front wheels too much at speed - try a setting of 60-70.
Filtering - this really helps. Try it at 50 at first then maybe higher. Will stop all that silly jittery car movement from very slight unintended pad input.
I prefer mode 3 for the pad then make the adjustments above. These are on PC though but no reason not to try on console too.

That's what I started with and based it on that.

Fiesta ST
Anyone else trying the Bavarian Legend community event? Got my time down to 01:54:137, pretty confident of getting into the low 01:53s. The guy at the top has just set a new time of 01:47:935. Mental

Just had a quick go, 1m51.551 is my best so far after 6 laps. Still on default controls so will change them to what has been suggested and see whether it makes any difference. And to put use clutch as I didn't realise was an option, just had it on manual

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Just had a quick go, 1m51.551 is my best so far after 6 laps. Still on default controls so will change them to what has been suggested and see whether it makes any difference. And to put use clutch as I didn't realise was an option, just had it on manual
Good time, I always find I get the first couple of tight turns perfect and brake too early or too late for the second set!