ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project cars

Clio, Nova, Astra
I downloaded it will be waiting till after work first impressions from people dont seem very good lol

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I have it an hour last night. No bugs, sound through my headset was fine. Having driven nothing other than Horizon for a couple of years though, I found it f**king hard. Got lapped by 50% AI on a 5'lap race around Brands Indy LOL

Yeah, this is going to be good. Looking forward to having more time to fine tune everything.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Early players suggest starting off easy and working your way up to get used to it.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
I haven't got a problem with difficult AI or cars that are hard to control due to their power or design. But... This is the first racer I have ever played where I'm being beaten simply because I cannot physically steer the bloody car, lol!

I have it an hour last night. No bugs, sound through my headset was fine. Having driven nothing other than Horizon for a couple of years though, I found it f**king hard. Got lapped by 50% AI on a 5'lap race around Brands Indy LOL

Yeah, this is going to be good. Looking forward to having more time to fine tune everything.

Yeah. I didn't fair too well vs AI either! Lol.

I think when more bugs are ironed out and hopefully a more consistent handling then it will be s great game. Combine that with adjusting to the game I'm sure it'll be epic.
Its just disappointing to wait this long, with all the delays for ironing bugs etc and yet it's still bugged to hell. I dread to think How it was a few months back! [emoji33]
Early players suggest starting off easy and working your way up to get used to it.
Yeah... think I'll turn on abs etc and ease into it a bit [emoji106]

So used to playing FM5 with everything off

Citroen DS3 DSport
I booted the game up for my first play and spun out on the very first corner. The car slides lots during the first lap but once the tyres are hot the grip is massively improved.

Last edited:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I booted the game up for my first play and spun out on the very first corner. The car slides lots during the first lap but once the tyres are hot the grip is massively improved.

This is something I completely forgot to even think about. Was doing OK-ish around the 'ring in a Megane 265 then found it oversteering everywhere and braking in anything other than a straight line was impossible...then I noticed the rears we're totally stone cold but the fronts nice and toasty.

I have to recalibrate everything I think...and I'm going to consider running an assist or two until I dial into it. The AI is definitely getting set lower down as well.

Yeah I know what your saying, but I'm not going for lap records from the off.... just keeping with the AI pack.
Using same lines and speed and it's still squirming about even with smooth inputs.
But I'm sure adapting to the game and turning a few assists on will help a lot.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'll be adjusting the controller sensitivity when I play again tonight, the default settings definitely need changed.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Whoever designed those karting tracks needs shooting, lol! So many elevations, even mid corner! Took me an hour just to finish the first championship...

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
It's like a ramp for the kart! And when you bump the kart in front it just decides to mount the other kart. 100% sorting the controls out, got used too it by going mid class Porsche around a big track.. Just the little tracks with limited grip that's catching me out

Citroen DS3 DSport
Not sure this is the best mode of transport around Monaco!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430994189.487227.jpg

Not sure this is the best mode of transport around Monaco!!

View attachment 127181
Lol. The karts any good then? Might try them tonight.
Starting downloading this before i left for work this morning if anyone wants to add me on Xbox one GT: haggis2k16
I'll add you later. Anyone know if you can progress through career with online opponents or is it strictly AI for career.

Swift Sport
I'm not really into video games much, but after seeing Project Cars I thought I might treat myself to a new console...

It sounds like I should wait a bit!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not really into video games much, but after seeing Project Cars I thought I might treat myself to a new console...

It sounds like I should wait a bit!
I think it's got the potential to be very good mate... but it's more geared (no pun intended) towards the simulation end of the market and, in my opinion, needs a steering wheel and pedals setup to get the most out of it.

Golf R/Leon FR
Well cancelling my Amazon order was a good idea. Ordered from Shopto at 4pm yesterday and it's just been posted :)

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Surely the Amazon order would of been posted today too if you hadn't of cancelled?

Strictly AI by the looks of it, wish I'd gone for Clio cup first instead of karting
Ah right. Think I might opt for clio then.
The karts are fun but my first kart race was carnage. Karts were darting about everywhere and suddenly I was launched in the air into the barrier. Hopefully I can only improve from there.
Lol. Sounds hilarious. Sounds like clio would be the safer bet. Ha ha
Think I will pick this up tomorrow for xb1.

If anyone wants to add me my gamertag is pewsey114
I'll add you.

Seems like I'm not the only one struggling with it then. I do think a wheel would complete the game. [emoji106]

Golf R/Leon FR
Surely the Amazon order would of been posted today too if you hadn't of cancelled?

When I said posted I mean I have received it through my door. It hadn't even been dispatched at 4pm yesterday so no it wouldn't have. Plus it was cheaper on Shopto.