ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project cars

Golf R/Leon FR
Amazon have been slack on their delivery times for me recently, so I cancelled and went with Shopto. Got dispatch confirmation within 5 minutes of ordering and I had money off too :)

Two 0 Shitx
Bought the digital dl! But wont get to play tonight by the look of it! Get 13mb/s on wireless so made it wired and it went to 30mb/s but is still downloading the file at about 1mb/s takes the piss and i have no idea why'

Bought the digital dl! But wont get to play tonight by the look of it! Get 13mb/s on wireless so made it wired and it went to 30mb/s but is still downloading the file at about 1mb/s takes the piss and i have no idea why'
I just bought digital right now.... hope mine isn't so slow! 1% so far!
Might be slow due to the traffic, so many people downloading it.

Hope I can play tonight.

Two 0 Shitx
Doubt it will be my ps4 has its head permanently fixed up its arse when it comes to downloading anything even if i have 70mb/s on the pc

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Amazon have been slack on their delivery times for me recently, so I cancelled and went with Shopto. Got dispatch confirmation within 5 minutes of ordering and I had money off too :smile:

I've literally done the exact same thing.. Should of been dispatched by now so I cancelled mine also! There the cheapest for it but it's worth being one of the first getting it for £5 more

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Does anybody know when it's playable on digital download on Xbox one?
My gamer tag is Cropper 93 for all those people who don't wanna play destruction derby with the usual people online

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I'm all downloaded. Fingers crossed!

Reading some bits on Pistonheads as some people have got it and they are saying it's great. Can't wait

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Look forward to seeing everyone thoughts on this.

I'm trying not to cave in and buy it until I've got a good idea if it's going to live up to the hype but the temptation is strong.

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Should be midnight tonight. Hope my downloads done.
I'll add you and diesel davis

Mines only on 16%.... doesn't look like I'll be on tonight [emoji17]

Sounds good to me mate! I really hate playing random people online as it all ends with everybody in the barrier swearing.

I've just bought it and I'm only on 20% so it'll have to be saved ready for tomorrow!

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Look forward to seeing everyone thoughts on this.

I'm trying not to cave in and buy it until I've got a good idea if it's going to live up to the hype but the temptation is strong.

It's a new game with cars, what more is there too say in regards to buying it...

Sounds good to me mate! I really hate playing random people online as it all ends with everybody in the barrier swearing.

I've just bought it and I'm only on 20% so it'll have to be saved ready for tomorrow!
Lmao..... just added mjcooper93 as a friend thinking it was you! Some random fellas going to have a request off me now. Lol
No idea why I Even put that in when you said it's cropper 93! Blonde moment.

Yeah. I'm hoping this game encourages decent drivers and not retards like forza. Never play online, too annoying!
My tag DanRich85

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
It's a new game with cars, what more is there too say in regards to buying it...

True, not to mention the British tracks lol.. Sure I'll get it but I wanna make sure it's not going to be a flop first.

I'll be XBO also anyway so if I get it I'll add your GT.

True, not to mention the British tracks lol.. Sure I'll get it but I wanna make sure it's not going to be a flop first.

I'll be XBO also anyway so if I get it I'll add your GT.
British tracks, and the 110 total, are the main thing for me. Get bored quickly of forza selection.

Just buy it! Reviews across the board are very favorable. To be fair it has to be good. Just look at it [emoji41]
Worth buying just to attack some of Britain's finest tracks.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
If you want super realistic handling, Project Cars isn’t for you. It errs on the side of ‘arcade’ without resorting to Need For Speed: Rivals levels of unrealistic cornering. I love it for the most part, however I’d prefer if there was more sensation of grip, as the cars feel somewhat floaty - perhaps this can be dialled out through improved steering wheel feedback; I’m still finding my ideal settings.

Looks like it's skating the arcade side of Assetto Corsa.

Still looks fun to play though.

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Lmao..... just added mjcooper93 as a friend thinking it was you! Some random fellas going to have a request off me now. Lol
No idea why I Even put that in when you said it's cropper 93! Blonde moment.

Yeah. I'm hoping this game encourages decent drivers and not retards like forza. Never play online, too annoying!
My tag DanRich85

That's poor sod probably got his first friend request thanks too you! If it's any help my picture is a piece of toast haha.

I agree mate, little kids just slowing down to ram you off! So looking forward too this, it was like when I was 15 and getting a game rented from blockbuster for the weekend I'm that excited!

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Did everybody who went for digital get the pre order with the 3 cars download?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
This issue is pissing me off already. Throughout the development I think I had two random lock ups, now I can't get round the first bend on any circuit I've tried without it locking up and not throwing errors. Time to s**t post all over the dev forum.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
They really needed another month of bug fixing tbh. Reports of issues on the Xbox One version already. Something to do with muting the sound every time you brake (whilst wearing headphones IIRC).

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Lulz, I would of thought with all these delayed release dates it would be almost spot on. Shame but ill give it a blast in the morning to see how good it really is.

I had heard from several people and could tell from my own playing that it isn't the full on "sim" that some people are calling it

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I need to properly set up the controller before really exploring but the brief go I had was promising.

Clio cup race on brands Indy with 25 cars was just awesome fun. It may not be a full on sim but it's pretty good IMO. And it's bloody good fun.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Don't think I've used the brakes once in the karts. Just ease off the throttle and fling it round.

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Definatly takes some getting used to! Guys with controllers let me know what settings you end up with for the controller I'm struggling

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Well... it's a bit glitchy in places (PC version). And it definitely needs steering wheel and pedals to get the most, and best laps times, from it. I'm pretty handy with the Xbox One controller generally but it's an absolute b**ch to nail a decent lap and get the controller settings right. I've probably spent more time fiddling with the controller settings than driving!

First impressions... so-so. A bit underwhelmed if I'm honest. But I'll give it time. It makes me appreciate how relatively good Forza Motorsport is. I'm looking forward to putting some time into it anyway.

Just had a quick blast.

Dissapointed to say the least. Did 2 races in a clio cup at donnington.
Even Forza has more feel to the driving. Is it just me or is there no traction, it just instantly wants to slide the arse about. As soon as you go to turn in at a responsible speed with gentle inputs it still wants to slide about. Fair enough when pushing hard it's going to slide.
Braking I have no idea how hard I should or shouldn't brake as there's no feel to it.

Headphones cut out when braking. Surely the most obvious bug in history? How they miss that one!!

Pissed me off that I had to calibrate the sensitivity of controls after 1 lap! It steered and braked horrible. Push the brake pedal 20% and it locked up and slid off track.... looked on settings and they have dead zone as about 20 standard ffs. So I set sensitivity down to 0 and dead zone to 50, where it should be! I can actually drive the thing now. Its only a clio, I dread the experience of a f1 car..... I'll find out tonight after work.

I'd plug my headphones into the tv but as their for the controller they have a short lead! [emoji35]

Positives from my short session....
The sound is superb [when it works] Engine noise, transmission knocks and whines etc. Very impressive. Graphics looked decent. Interiors looked spot on and detailed.

Might just be that it needs getting used to but only time will tell. I'll give it a proper go tonight and see how it goes.

Definatly takes some getting used to! Guys with controllers let me know what settings you end up with for the controller I'm struggling
I struggled too. They have them set to stupid defaults!
I set brake sensitivity to 0, standard 15
Brake dead zone 50 , standards 15 or 20
Steering sensitive to 0. Think dead zone was around 50 anyway.

Felt instantly better. As before you just move stick a few mm and the car just swerved harshly! Same with brakes.

Better now though.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
I struggled too. They have them set to stupid defaults!
I set brake sensitivity to 0, standard 15
Brake dead zone 50 , standards 15 or 20
Steering sensitive to 0. Think dead zone was around 50 anyway.

Felt instantly better. As before you just move stick a few mm and the car just swerved harshly! Same with brakes.

Better now though.
Will give that a try Dan, as the karts are undriveable. What's even more annoying is that you have to keep going back to the main menu to make these adjustments lol!

Will give that a try Dan, as the karts are undriveable. What's even more annoying is that you have to keep going back to the main menu to make these adjustments lol!
Yeah. The handling is good one minute and unresponsive the next. Its a bit inconsistent.

1st lap I instantly pissed me off.
First view of the lineup of the grid, and there was no tarmac just a strip of sky with cars parked on it.... great! Then first bend slide off due to stupid brake sensitivity, with no sound due to headphone brake glitch. [emoji106]

Great 1st impression! [emoji14]