ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project cars

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Can someone copy and paste some reviews in here to read? Can't get onto gaming sites at work.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Last 2 paragraphs from Gamesradar

There are two important questions that I feel I need to address. Firstly, as I know you're wondering: is it actually fun? Answer: hell, yes. Secondly: Will everyone find it fun? Answer: hell, no. You need a certain mindset to get the most out of Project CARS. You need patience, discipline, knowledge of racing theory or at the very least a willingness to learn.

Personally, I love that approach. And the game is undoubtedly made for people like me. It is a landmark for racing sims. Whereas Gran Turismo 6 managed to fool my brain for a few seconds into thinking I was looking at reality, this has entire minutes of perfection where I simply can't believe my eyes. If only it were a little more polished and consistently awesome, it would be a classic.

Full review http://www.gamesradar.com/project-cars-review/

Citroen DS3 DSport
Download finally started.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430915514.829638.jpg

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
It would seem the PC download from Steam unlocks at midnight tonight... good stuff :smile:

EDIT: Ooft... it would seem AMD GPU users may experience performance issues (with the initial release at least, according to benchmarks). I haven't had chance to look in-depth at the news but it looks a little... well... sh!t in comparison to nVidia's hardware. Clearly, if true, this is something they'll need to address. Of course, I'm assuming the benchmarks were from a production-ready copy of the game so take the news with a pinch of salt...

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Not sure what do to, PC or Xbox One. PC has 3 x 580 SLI and isn't likely to get an upgrade soon (just spent a fortune on a new kitchen) so tempted to just get it on the Xbox.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure what do to, PC or Xbox One. PC has 3 x 580 SLI and isn't likely to get an upgrade soon (just spent a fortune on a new kitchen) so tempted to just get it on the Xbox.
Ditto mate... if I get it on XBox One then I can play online against my friends... but for the best experience I really want to make use of my gaming rig!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
That will be compressed and there is a additional 800mb update file.
That still seems quite small though? The PC version is a 15GB download through Steam - then no doubt there will be a patch. And that's not installed. I suspect it will surpass 20GB when that happens.

I can understand a few hundred MB difference - even a GB or two. But to be less than a third of the size? Seems strange.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
My download is 19.9GB with an 800mb update file (PS4). There was an original download of 3gb too.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I know, normally I'd sell off the 3 x 580s and buy a single 980 to get by, but I can't even justify doing that with so much invested in the kitchen.

Citroen DS3 DSport
That still seems quite small though? The PC version is a 15GB download through Steam - then no doubt there will be a patch. And that's not installed. I suspect it will surpass 20GB when that happens.

I can understand a few hundred MB difference - even a GB or two. But to be less than a third of the size? Seems strange.

Another file appeared which is 19gb so that's obviously closer to what was expected.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430932290.857125.jpg

Last edited:

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Everything's downloaded and installed for me, looking forward to tonight!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I can't decide if I want to get it or not. I do enjoy racing games, but they do have a rather short shelf life for me...

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I'm still not convinced it's going to be playable tonight, great if it is but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
A day early for digital copies isn't it? Says mine is playable in 5 hours 35min.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Ditto mate... if I get it on XBox One then I can play online against my friends... but for the best experience I really want to make use of my gaming rig!

Get it on xbox one. I'll be on it tomorrow eve :smile:

If it's good enough, I'll be getting a wheel / pedals sorted. Long overdue and about time the wife had something to grumble about other than the clio.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Get it on xbox one. I'll be on it tomorrow eve [emoji2]

If it's good enough, I'll be getting a wheel / pedals sorted. Long overdue and about time the wife had something to grumble about other than the clio.
Same Oli, this is the first racing game I've ever been tempted to get a wheel and set of pedals for. Not sure what ones are avalible for the Xbox one!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Actually, I've just ordered it on Xbox One from shopto, decided Xbox One will be better for me as I spend enough time sat infront of the PC with work.